Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Toho........

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:17 pm

This Swedish band and their album "Trees On A Hill" is one of the most pleasurable finds of '08 for me.

You could easily knock em off as another bunch of Stones/Faces stumblers but what sets them apart is the level of songwriting......it reaches almost Westerbergian heights and no doubt sits comfortably on the same bar stool as Tyla. No doubt two of the bands biggest influences.

It's also got a great Gram Parsons twang to it, a Jacobites like melancholy and the pastoral rustic folkiness of the Waterboys. Rolling green hills and the mist rising......a Ronnie Lane dream.

Makes you want to throw away all those Black Crowes records.....cause they ain't needed when you got these guys to hang around with.

So if Wild Horses and Dead Flowers haunt your dreams then get into this.........

www.myspace.com/loveinjections

Last edited by rattpoison on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:18 pm

Tasty, indeed!!

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:20 pm

There has to be something in the water in Sweden...so many cool bands coming out of that area. (either that or they have great weed there)
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:51 pm

sounds like a spinal tap song. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 pm

I thought this thread had something to do with Bang Tango.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:24 pm

The name actually comes from the Hanoi Rocks song "Loves An Injection".
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 pm

A little too "countrified" for me.

Yeah, I know, makes no sense since I love Jason and the Scorchers. Just too "twangy" in the vocals.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
A little too "countrified" for me.

Yeah, I know, makes no sense since I love Jason and the Scorchers. Just too "twangy" in the vocals.

Yeah i get ya......anyone that has an aversion to country can get into the Scorchers because of their kick ass high energy punk/hard rock/rock n' roll.

How about another new band from Sweden that you might like.......

www.myspace.com/midnightscraper
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Oh man RP!

That's some great stuff!!! Swedish Flies On Fire!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:45 pm

You just cost me more than $18 by Aussie friend!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Oh man RP!

That's some great stuff!!! Swedish Flies On Fire!

Cool sh*t, they have silly little promo.......

Ye heard of another Swedish band, the Diamond Dogs....kinda like Sweden's answer to the Quireboys......

http://www.myspace.com/diamonddogssweden
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:52 pm

Tell ya what,

just dump all these obscure Quireboys-like bands you know of on me at one time so I can take out a second mortgage and buy them all at one time!

More great stuff!!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Hey don't blame me.......blame Sweden.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:58 pm

I can't find any of those songs on any of the albums listed on Amazon.

Is this the same band?

http://www.amazon.com/Up-Rock-Diamond-Dogs/dp/B0017R5TUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1233795342&sr=1-1

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Yeah that's them, that's their best one as well imo you would love it......the songs you heard were off the new album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:12 pm

OK, that almost $35 tonight.

I'm logging off.

Thanks for helping me stimulate the American economy RP!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Unfortunately for your wallet i have a couple more up me tattered sleeve.....

Fly west from Sweden to El Lay, and you'll find the Blessings.....a bit of ole Dogs and Scorchers about these guys, their album Bare Bones (2007) is a must.....

www.myspace.com/theblessings

What do you get when you team up ex Georgia Sat Dan Baird with ex Scorcher Warner Hodges.......

www.myspace.com/danbaird

Their record Homemade Sin from last year is a modern classic in my books, wipe away the misty eyed nostalgia and this is every bit as good as anything the Georgia Satellites put out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:09 pm

Dammit!!!

Not only did I drop another $25 ordering those two, in looking up Dan Baird, I discovered his other band The Yayhoos released another album in January last year.

You've cost me almost $100 tonight RP!!!!

And I thank you for it. This is a style of music I just don't tire of.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:19 pm

These bands are brilliant and are to now what The Quireboys, Dogs D'Amour, Flies On Fire, Georgia Satellites, Black Crowes etc were to the late 80's and early 90's.

This kinda barroom rock n' roll clatter will be around as long as people keep drinking and digging old Faces records.

Last edited by rattpoison on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Yep!

This is one of my favorite styles of music. It's great because it ages well; in fact, it doesn't age at all. This new stuff I ordered could have been recorded 25 years ago and it would sound the same.

That's great because that means 10 years from now, I'll STILL like it. This music is not trendy at all; it's timeless.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yep!

This is one of my favorite styles of music. It's great because it ages well; in fact, it doesn't age at all. This new stuff I ordered could have been recorded 25 years ago and it would sound the same.

That's great because that means 10 years from now, I'll STILL like it. This music is not trendy at all; it's timeless.

True, well done good time rock n' roll that shakes n' swings never gets old. It's a winning formula.

A thing also is each band isn't a direct copy, they all bring their different little nuances and identities to the bar table.
Back to top Go down

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:01 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Yeah i get ya......anyone that has an aversion to country can get into the Scorchers because of their kick ass high energy punk/hard rock/rock n' roll.

How about another new band from Sweden that you might like.......

www.myspace.com/midnightscraper
Not down with the first band, but this one is killer! Can't order a CD, though. Sad Diamond Dogs is great, too.

I made the mistake a while back of jumping from band to band on MySpace, using the Friends Lists. Bad idea. I walked away about $200 poorer. Haha. There are a TON of kill rock bands--from 50s-style to hair metal and beyond--coming out of Sweden right now. Europe, too. Finland. Everywhere, basically. Haha. But the biggest explosion (or media focus) seems to be Sweden.

EDIT: Nice. The Blessings sound awesome, too! And I just snagged Loves Song For The Hearing Impaired from SwapaCD. We really are a very bad influence on each other. Haha.
Back to top Go down

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Curious, RP. You like Diamond Nights?

🤘
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:34 pm

DIAMOND NIGHTS are way cool, those songs are like SUICIDE played by a classic rock band. I've never heard anything like it before.

Will have to check them out further.

You should check out another synth meets classic rock band, a lot more up beat and in love with 80's. You'll like it, it's really catchy, they also recently supported Def Leppard and Cheap Trick down here......

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 pm

So Toho how's those 5 albums going? What's the best at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So Toho........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Toho........   So Toho........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Toho........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: