Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
kmorg
scottmitchell74
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Empty
PostSubject: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:44 pm

I couldn't find a thread bout them, but I thought they were a band you guys dig.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:47 pm

Bunch of of poodle-walkers.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:37 pm

I'll tell you about The Poodles: They lost their guitar-player to HammerFall! They have also entered the Eurovision Song Contest (last year, I believe), the same contest Lordi won, and Wig Wam came in at number 9 one year. That's all I know. Oh, they are from Sweden.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Sweet Trade is much better than Metal Will Stand Tall. Similar to Gotthard, Shakra and the like. Samples can be heard below. Check out Seven Seas; one of my top songs of the year.
http://www.nehrecords.com/shop/PoodlesSweet.htm#NL193

Too bad the only way to get either album at a decent price is off ebay. I ended up paying about $13 incl. shipping.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Check your email Scott.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:42 pm

I just discovered NuclearHell has Sweet Trade for 10.99 and free shipping

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:00 pm

I have only heard select songs by this band and liked what I heard...pretty melodic.

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Great band. I only have one album downloaded, though. I might splurge for that $10.99 deal, though.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 pm

They are decent, but not as good as many others doing the same thing right now. I have Metal Will Stand Tall, and rarely play it. I have heard Sweet Trade and was not inspired to get it.

ARttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:16 pm

If you like Gotthard, Brother Firetribe, Leverage, you will like The Poodles. The music is very anthemic and well done. I have both Metal will Stand Tall and Sweet Trade and listen to them both. I think they are very catchy and while there are some filler songs the great ones rock!!!!

Alex

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:23 pm

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just discovered NuclearHell has Sweet Trade for 10.99 and free shipping

does it have their new songs frm the eurovision on it?

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Don't think so.

But considering that album domestically is going for about $20, that's quite a deal. I got my copy off ebay for about $12.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:26 pm

how is nuclearhell.com on service and reliability? I saw 4 or 5 cds from there i would be interested in..

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:27 pm

I like nuclearhell.com. You're more than likely going to get Russian presses, as that is where my stuff is always sent from.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Quote :
how is nuclearhell.com on service and reliability? I saw 4 or 5 cds from there i would be interested in..

I think I've had at least 4 dealings with them. They say shipping is 10-28 days and that's right on. Never got it sooner, nor later.

Yes, mostly Russian press, but they are good, tasty releases.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:49 pm

i will have to get an order together then! They are a lot cheaper than some of the local distros here in the U.S.!!!

Alex

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:56 pm

Yeah, I'm building a list so I can get the discount. Their discount used to be MUCH better and prices have gone way up lately. Winter of 06/07 I got a haul of 16 cds from them for about $8.45/cd on average after discount. It was great.

As it is they still usually have the best deal and usually carry about 50% of what's on my "want" list at any given time.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Just picked up Sweet Trade! I already own and love Clash Of Elements! Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles 604261
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Toho and E33 share the credit on this one!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Only took me ten years...but I picked up Sweet Trade.

Great album! Great melodic metal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles   Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toho, Ratt, Shiney others - Tell me about The Poodles
Page 1 of 1