Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Philthy Animal

Go down 
+13
Required Fields
ghost
Leatherface
Thelemech
Troublezone
Glower
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
Witchfinder
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

R.I.P. Philthy Animal Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:21 am

This sucks.

"Ex-MOTÖRHEAD drummer Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor died on Wednesday, November 11 at the age of 61.

Taylor's former MOTÖRHEAD bandmate "Fast" Eddie Clarke posted the following tribute to his colleague: "My dear friend and brother passed away last night. He had been ill for sometime but that does not make it any easier when the time finally comes.

"I have known Phil since he was 21 and he was one hell of a character. Fortunately, we made some fantastic music together and I have many many fond memories of our time together.

"Rest in peace, Phil!"

Taylor played in MOTÖRHEAD from 1975 to 1984 and again from 1987 to 1992.

In a 1983 interview with Artist magazine, Taylor stated about his drumming approach in MOTÖRHEAD: "Well, once [MOTÖRHEAD bassist/vocalist] Lemmy starts playing, he's sort of out there on his own, in a way. It's something that came naturally; but when Robbo [Brian Robertson, guitar] joined the band, we started working it out a bit more. When Eddie was with the band, I played more with the guitar than I did with Lemmy, because he's not really a bass player. Lemmy always plays so fast that it's always been down to the guitarist and me to keep the rhythm and melody going. Lemmy is just non-stop playing all the time, so for the highs and lows of the numbers, the ups and downs, light and shade — whatever you want to call it — it's basically down to Robbo and myself. I'd never played much before, so it's probably a lot more difficult for Robbo than for me. He'd always played in bands that had a proper bass player, so to speak."

Clarke and Taylor rejoined their former bandmate Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister on stage on November 6, 2014 at National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, England before Clarke, Lemmy and current MOTÖRHEAD drummer Mikkey Dee ripped through a blazing rendition of the MOTÖRHEAD classic "Ace Of Spades".

Asked in a 2011 interview with Guitar International if he had any plans to ever reunite with Taylor and Clarke, Lemmy said: "No, because these two guys with me now have been with me longer than the original two. They played 'Ace Of Spades' more often than those two. They played 'Overkill' more often than those two. Why should I put Phil [Campbell] and Mikkey on hold to go off with guys who probably can't play them as well? They've been out of practice. It's ridiculous to think of it. Then I would be a nostalgia act. I'm all for the now and the future."

Regarding whether he still talks with Phil and Fast Eddie, Lemmy told Guitar International: "Now and then. I like Phil, he was my best mate. Eddie was kind of a friend except he was always complaining about something. It got kinda tedious. Last time he left, we laid low. Before, one of us would go off and bring him back. It was a shame he shouldn't have done that, we had a lot going for us back then. He should have stuck though it. It was the Wendy O. Williams thing and I couldn't understand that (reference: recording 'Stand By Your Man', a cover version of the Tammy Wynette with Wendy O. Williams). He just gave up on it because Wendy wasn't immediately perfect on it, she just needed to go through it a few times and he left the band over it. I couldn't f*cking believe it. I think he was expecting to be talked back in. Phil came in the room and said, 'Eddie's left again.' I said, 'Whose turn is it to go talk to him?' [Laughing]. I said, 'F*ck it, I'm not doing it.' That's the way it went. Wrong decision on his part.""

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-motorhead-drummer-phil-philthy-animal-taylor-dies-at-61/#LHH5dOtgrjZKRluT.99
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:26 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:30 am

Awww, man. Not Philthy. And I just played No Sleep Till Hammersmith yesterday. That kick-ass band in heaven just got another great drummer. RIP Phil.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:31 am

This is sad, but not surprising to me.

RIP
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:36 am

Damn, man. I didn't even know he was ill. RIP, sir.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 12:00 pm

That's shocking and sad. I didn't know he was ill.
R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 1:10 pm

That's a bummer. He was with them the one and only time I ever got to see Motorhead (1991, on the ill-fated Operation Rock N Roll tour). Rest well, Philthy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Yesterday, on the highway, listening to UDO,
I had this vision that Lemmy was in the hospital - near death....
and then I considered Lemmy's life - etc - for about 10 minutes -
wowza - I always thought Phil - was the best - style - hair -
if The Muppets - came out later - 'animal' would been modeled after Phil -
That photo of him on the Ace Of Spades lp was BADA**
just as strong a member as Lemmy -
and of course, being a fan of Girlschool - the gals must be heartbroken today -
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 4:50 pm

RIP to Phil Taylor and also Randy Rhoad's mother, Delores "Dee" Rhoads.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
RIP to Phil Taylor and also Randy Rhoad's mother, Delores "Dee" Rhoads.

R.I.P.

Yeah, I saw a couple of hours ago that Dolores died as well. 95 years of age is a good long life, but losing a son at such an early age had to be beyond excruciating. Especially the circumstances surrounding such an asinine way to leave this earth...

RIP Delores...
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 5:55 pm

For me this is coming out of nowhere as I had no idea that he was ill!! He was a great drummer, I really love those Motorhead albums he was on.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 12:51 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 4:03 am

RIP Phil. That is very sad news.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28457

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 8:03 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:41 pm

R.I.P.

Motorhead were such a huge part of my childhood, this and Lemmy's deteriorating health are  very sad.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 1:34 pm

RIP, not too surprised as he hasn't looked healthy in any recent interviews. Maybe this will kick Lemme in the nuts so he'll lead a healthier life style. I did think Lemme would go first.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:53 pm

R.I.P. to a true legend! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 11:57 pm

RIP. been playing a lot of motorhead lately. too bad it will come to an end anytime now.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Philthy Animal   R.I.P. Philthy Animal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Philthy Animal
Page 1 of 1