Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...

Go down 
+9
Chairman_Smith
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
mc666
TrogDawn
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Empty
PostSubject: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:36 pm

No sooner did I make a couple posts about Motorhead and what an awesome drummer Phil Taylor was that I just got an email from Philthy himself about my Motorhead pages on NLTM. KILLER!!!

Quote :
Dear Person, or whom it may concern,
I was just reading through your Motorhead discography
pages at your excellent website "ultmetal".
It's very, very good. I now know where to go if my
memory fails and I need to know what I was doing and
who I was doing it with or to in years past!!!

The other reason I am writing you this email is to
point out an error regarding the information you have
on the FIRST MOTORHEAD album.In it you state that our
first album was produced by Ted Caroll of Chiswick
Records.It was in fact produced by JOHN "SPEEDY"
KEENE,and was recorded at Escape studios (then)owned
by Jeff Beck in Kent.Good old Speedy died a few years
ago,but he was a great guy and certainly influenced
myself in more ways than one I can tell you!!!!My Hat
goes off to him!

So, that's it really,except to say once more that
you're doing a great job with all those facts, you just
need to put this one right is all.
Cheers,
Philthy.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:38 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:39 pm

if that's truly him, you must feel honored. who knows, maybe Lemmy has dropped in as well.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:40 pm

That's awesome.

The only time I ever hear from band members is when I give their CDs bad reviews and they e-mail me to tell me how gay I am. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Wow, that`s cool!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:46 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That's awesome.

The only time I ever hear from band members is when I give their CDs bad reviews and they e-mail me to tell me how gay I am. Sad

Really? I have never responded to any magazine that gave us a bad review, save for HM in 1998, but that was a different story.

Usually the only people I get mailing me about negative reviews are fans of the band.

I have received email from many well known musicians. Hearing from Philthy is really cool. I had John Gallagher from Raven write me a few times as well.

One time Jim Vallance, who has written songs for Aerosmith and Ted Nugent, among others, wrote me and asked me a question about Ted Nugent's cover of Aerosmith's "Rag Doll". He gave me some cool insight into the Aerosmith track "Dueces are Wild".

Ted Kirkpatrick wrote me before I knew him. Luke Easter from Tourniquet also wrote me once to correct a fact I had on my page.

Jimmy Brown wrote me several times in years past. He and I are friends now.

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Very cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:56 pm

That's great.🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:58 pm

Very METAL!
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 1:03 pm

🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 1:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
That's awesome.

Really? I have never responded to any magazine that gave us a bad review, save for HM in 1998, but that was a different story.

Haha, well, maybe I exaggerate slightly for humorous effect, cuz fortunately that's only happened to me once. About two years ago I got an e-mail from the guitarist in a god-awful Swedish band called "From Behind" who released an album called GAME OVER on the Lion Music label (their lead singer is Nicky Moore, who'd replaced Bruce Dickinson in Samson many moons ago and who was also in the all-fat-guy band "Mammoth" in the late 80s), because I'd trashed their CD in Detritus 'zine. He told me (and my editor, whom he'd .cc'd on the e-mail) that if I didn't like his band then I must've been "very very gay" and "had no balls," among other things. My response was "Buddy, if those are the best insults you can come up with, then it's no surprise that your band's CD is so unoriginal too," hahaha.

Oh, and when I gave DragonForce's SONIC FIRESTORM a few years back I didn't get any emails from the band but I got about a dozen from a bunch of their fans. Most of those were pretty funny though, ("Your stupid! DragonForce is WAY better then GammaRay! Your opinion sux!" -- that sorta thing) so I merely laughed and deleted them without replying.
Sorry for the thread jack. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
That's awesome.

Haha, well, maybe I exaggerate slightly for humorous effect, cuz fortunately that's only happened to me once. About two years ago I got an e-mail from the guitarist in a god-awful Swedish band called "From Behind" who released an album called GAME OVER on the Lion Music label (their lead singer is Nicky Moore, who'd replaced Bruce Dickinson in Samson many moons ago and who was also in the all-fat-guy band "Mammoth" in the late 80s), because I'd trashed their CD in Detritus 'zine. He told me (and my editor, whom he'd .cc'd on the e-mail) that if I didn't like his band then I must've been "very very gay" and "had no balls," among other things. My response was "Buddy, if those are the best insults you can come up with, then it's no surprise that your band's CD is so unoriginal too," hahaha.

Oh, and when I gave DragonForce's SONIC FIRESTORM a few years back I didn't get any emails from the band but I got about a dozen from a bunch of their fans. Most of those were pretty funny though, ("Your stupid! DragonForce is WAY better then GammaRay! Your opinion sux!" -- that sorta thing) so I merely laughed and deleted them without replying.

Ha ha! I wish I had saved all the nasty emails I had received before inventing the Hall of Shame. Before the HoS those sorts of emails were a bit more common. I had some that would have been classics.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 1:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
That's awesome.

Ha ha! I wish I had saved all the nasty emails I had received before inventing the Hall of Shame. Before the HoS those sorts of emails were a bit more common. I had some that would have been classics.

I was kinda shocked to read those hall of shame emails.... cause not only are they OPINIONS.... but you're such a cool guy....
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 1:53 pm

Way to go, Scott!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Cheers to you Bro !

gotta tell you if I put in a band name on Google many, MANY times your site comes up pretty darn quick. quite and accomplishment if you ask me.

Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:32 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Cheers to you Bro !

gotta tell you if I put in a band name on Google many, MANY times your site comes up pretty darn quick. quite and accomplishment if you ask me.

Happy

Thanks. Last I checked I was getting some 100,000 page hits a day. Crazy huh? Wish I had a dollar for every time someone hit a page on my site. LOL!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 pm

It's VERY cool hearing from members of bands you enjoy! I've emailed back and forth a bit with Rodney from Devastation (thanks to you ult for hooking me up with his email addy so I could land a copy of Violent Termination!), Mac from Vulture, Frank from Terrahsphere, etc.

That's cool that you heard from a guy in a band as legendary and influencial as Motorhead!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:30 pm

I just read on Blabbermouth that Phil is teaming up with Chris Holmes of WASP for an as-of-yet unamed project.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:34 pm

speaking of Philthy, what's he up to these days?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:36 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
speaking of Philthy, what's he up to these days?

Read the above post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:06 pm

I can't believe you had an error in there. Now i'm not sure if I can ever trust you again, you're just another politician that says what we want to hear.

J/k please don't beat me. humble
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Pfffft! AN error? There are a ton of errors. I am constantly fixing stuff on that site that others bring to my attention.

Can I best you anyhow? :kickbutt:

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Can I best you anyhow? :kickbutt:

Best him at what, baseball? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...   WOW!!!! Philthy Phil... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOW!!!! Philthy Phil...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: