Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Animal Drive

Go down 
+3
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
corplhicks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:56 am

Couldn't find anything about these guys here. Croatian band, buncha young dudes, on Frontiers with an EP and brand new album. Lead singer Dino Jelusic was chosen by Paul O'Neill for the 2017 (?) TSO tour and Jeff Scott Soto gave the band a push on Frontiers.

I was actually going to post a rather eye-rolling cover they did of Monkey Business--I mean, c'mon, that's one of those songs that NOBODY should/can touch--but then I checked out their other tunes and was considerably impressed. The music is hard to describe--kind of a mix of hard rock and groove metal tendencies--but there's a ton of power behind it. I'm sure there are others around these parts that will enjoy it more than I do, but again, color me impressed.

One thing's for sure, this Dino kid has a hell of a voice.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 11:24 am

These guys kept popping up in my Amazon recommendations. I kinda liked what I heard but never pulled the trigger on a purchase. Might need to go back and re-investigate.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 11:34 am

Listening to the album, it's pretty consistent and rockin'. Here's another video and the cover of Monkey Business for the hell of it:

To their credit, I don't think anyone could cover that song correctly.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 11:41 am

His voice reminds me of someone but I can't place it, good stuff though. Shows you how special Bas singing was back when.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 11:49 am

That cover of 'Monkey Business' is pretty good. They didn't really do anything different from the original, but props to the lead singer to attempt those vocals.

If the price is right, I'd probably pick this up. Good stuff.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 5:46 am

Man they’re pretty good! Not bad on the SR cover at all. Gotta check into them more.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 10:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That cover of 'Monkey Business' is pretty good. They didn't really do anything different from the original, but props to the lead singer to attempt those vocals.

Yeah, not a bad cover, but not great. Lacks balls, which that one needs.

I'm interested in hearing their cover of Whitesnake's "Judgement Day," which is my favorite tune from Slip of the Tongue and of my favorites overall.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 10:58 am

Here's the lead singer covering Badland's 'Last Time'. Dude's got some pipes!

That Skid Row cover is from their upcoming covers ep, Back to the Roots

01. The Look (featuring Rosa Laricchiuta) (Roxette)
02. Judgement Day (Whitesnake)
03. Monkey Business (Skid Row)
04. Uncle Tom’s Cabin (Warrant)

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yeah, not a bad cover, but not great. Lacks balls, which that one needs.

Monkey Business is a rare breed of a track. There's such a racy, scum-street swagger about it while being ridiculously heavy that it's hard to imitate, at least in a fashion that strikes me. Also Dave and Scotti have all these rad embellishments that are signature to the song yet are missing on most covers like this one. Takes some of the wind out of it.

Yeah, it's not bad, but I do think it's one of those songs that shouldn't be covered. One of the few "hole-in-one" tunes in my life that are just immortal and can't be replicated to scale.

Nonetheless, the more I hear of these guys, the more I like them.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 6:16 pm

I have some Animal Drive came across them over at Amazon when buying other albums. Loved what I read and bought the cd good stuff.

Wargod60
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 10:23 am

Here's their version of 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'...

Nothing too fascinating, but a commendable job nonetheless.

I just picked up their debut Bite! and it's quite enjoyable.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Digging this band..love this cover of roxette
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Animal Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Drive   Animal Drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animal Drive
Page 1 of 1