Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+21
MetalHeartMonsterMan
HeavyThrashhead
Stone Cold
TheIronSheik
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
Lari
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
mikeinfla
Addy
Required Fields
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Leatherface
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 6:08 pm

What's funnier, the Shockmaster incident or this:

?

Both are hilarious, the latter because of Bookers reaction. Either way, that's a moment WWE will NOT ever commemorate.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 11:33 am

Yeah, that's awesome! I remember that! You could tell Book knew he messed up.

And Sid " I have half the brain that you do". Scott Hall loses it.

Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 5:49 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Yeah, that's awesome! I remember that! You could tell Book knew he messed up.

And Sid " I have half the brain that you do". Scott Hall loses it.

Funny that Sid says "Week after week, you've tried to make me look like a jackass"

No, good buddy, you did that all on your own there.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 5:54 pm

And here's one from the old days before kayfabe got broke. Some outtakes of Lance Russell and Al Costello

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
And here's one from the old days before kayfabe got broke. Some outtakes of Lance Russell and Al Costello

lol!

I love Lance Russell.  I got to enjoy his commentary when I lived in Tennessee in the 80s.  Other than ECW I think those days of USWA/Global Wrestling in Tennessee were the most fun I've ever had watching pro wrestling.  Those live studio broadcasts every Saturday morning one WMC 5 from Memphis were entertainment gold for me.

Obviously this particular clip isn't from Tennessee but it still reminds me of how much I enjoyed wrestling back in those days.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 8:08 pm

I went to a Memphis Wrestling show at Channel 5 studios in 2003. Got to meet Larry Latham (aka Moondog Spot), who just happened to be a real good friend of the guy who trained me. Great guy. Nice as all get out. 6 months later, Spot drops dead of a heart attack in the ring during a battle royal.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 8:50 pm

I didn't even realize Channel 5 still had a wrestling show in 2003. 

I moved to St. Louis in 1995 and the local cable access channel had a show called "Dr. X" and he hosted weekly clips from the indies and at the time I saw various clips from Memphis.  But that show was killed around 1998 so I had no idea WMC was still running wrestling shows.  Was Dave Brown (the Channel 5 weather guy) still part of the show?

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Not that I know of. Lawler, Jimmy Hart, and Corey Maclin were there
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 12:07 pm

WWE announced the following:

Jerry Lawler arrested, suspended

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Jerry Lawler was arrested at his home Friday morning by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office in Memphis, Tenn.

According to a police report, Lawler and his girlfriend, Lauryn McBride, were taken into custody and booked on alleged charges of domestic assault—bodily harm, a misdemeanor.

WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 pm

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/32244777/jerry-the-king-lawler-arrested-along-with-his-fiance?sf28906198=1

Quote :
McBride, 27, has lived with Lawler, 66, for five years. She said they both got into an argument, and it turned violent.

She said Lawler held her against the kitchen counter, hit her in the head, pushed her against the stove, put a gun on the kitchen counter, and told her to "go ahead and kill yourself."

Lawler said he came back from a wrestling event ironically labeled, "A Night in the Slammer" to find his fiancée drunk following a party where she and her friends watched Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

"When she drinks we get into a little bit of a shouting match and then she wants to leave," Lawler said over the phone from the jailhouse. "I was not going to let her leave in the car, because she was not in any condition to drive. She got more and more upset."

Lawler told police McBride scratched him in the face, threw a candle at him, and kicked him in the groin. He said she was drunk when she told him she knew where the gun was and threatened to kill herself.

On the phone, Lawler was more reserved about what happened.

"It's just an unfortunate situation. Nobody was hit and nobody was hurt. It's just something that happened as a result of drinking too much," Lawler said.

Memphis police officers said they were unable to determine if Lawler or McBride was the primary aggressor in the case, so they arrested both McBride and Lawler.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Lawler has a track record of this kind of stuff.

My biggest question is how does a 66 year old man end up with a 27 year old girlfriend?  It's not like Lawler is super-rich or good-looking.  Maybe it's what Judge Judy always refers to as "must be something I can't see".

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Lawler has a track record of this kind of stuff.

My biggest question is how does a 66 year old man end up with a 27 year old girlfriend?  It's not like Lawler is super-rich or good-looking.  Maybe it's what Judge Judy always refers to as "must be something I can't see".

Actually, she's a little older than most women he's dated. Lawler is renown for dating women in their early to mid 20s.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 12:59 am

And your NEEEEWWW World Heavyweight Champion....

Wait for it....

DEAN AMBROSE
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:55 am

During the whole PPV I thought to myself if the Cavs win the Finals then Vinny will give the green light to Dean to cash in and win. I like Rollins but it was pretty kewl to see something different.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 5:00 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/the-turnstile/ex-wwe-champion-roman-reigns-suspended-for-wellness-policy-violation-200128233.html

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 5:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/the-turnstile/ex-wwe-champion-roman-reigns-suspended-for-wellness-policy-violation-200128233.html

LOL. What a dummy.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:29 am

Suddenly the clean pin makes sense!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 10:08 am

I was just gonna post that same link

definitely explains why he lost the belt to Rollins prob will be a long time before he gets it back if ever.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 11:46 am

This is unrelated to anything that's going on, but it's a hilarious video:

I like the one about how attempted murder is perfectly legal in pro wrestling. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:19 pm

"Camaramen are everywhere and invisible"

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
"Camaramen are everywhere and invisible"

That was a good one as well! I know I've questioned that on several occasions.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 7:42 pm

BTW, that channel has some very entertaining videos. No official footage as they are not affiliated with any promotion but plenty of pictures and funny commentary. Here's another video I found pretty entertaining (and very truthful):

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 8:03 pm

That one is obvious.  Vince has been out of touch for years but it's his company so he just does what he wants.

The Paul Heyman thing is the one that totally baffles me.  Vince has acknowledged that Paul has a great mind for wrestling.  Heyman proved it in ECW by making stars out of people who never would have amounted to squat otherwise (Spike Dudley anyone?).  So there he is, sitting right next to Vince who has to be aware that people are turning away from WWE product in droves but does Vince ask Paul what to do?  Nope.  He keeps asking his daughter, son in law, and a bunch of Hollywood writers who don't know s*** about pro wrestling.

What an egotistical dumbass.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:45 am

tohostudios wrote:
That one is obvious.  Vince has been out of touch for years but it's his company so he just does what he wants.

The Paul Heyman thing is the one that totally baffles me.  Vince has acknowledged that Paul has a great mind for wrestling.  Heyman proved it in ECW by making stars out of people who never would have amounted to squat otherwise (Spike Dudley anyone?).  So there he is, sitting right next to Vince who has to be aware that people are turning away from WWE product in droves but does Vince ask Paul what to do?  Nope.  He keeps asking his daughter, son in law, and a bunch of Hollywood writers who don't know s*** about pro wrestling.

What an egotistical dumbass.

This is because no one trust Heyman at all. Considering they fired him for snooping on conference calls, they are never keeping him around in an administrative capacity. He's destined to be talent only forever.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 3:49 pm

If I had the money to put together a promotion, this would be my dream booking team:

Jim Cornette would be the head writer, and would have the final say. Assisting him would be:
Scott Hall
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Scott Levy (Raven)

and if he were alive, I would include Rick Rude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum