Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+21
MetalHeartMonsterMan
HeavyThrashhead
Stone Cold
TheIronSheik
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
Lari
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
mikeinfla
Addy
Required Fields
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Leatherface
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 6:24 pm

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka has been ruled mentally incompetent to stand trial in his girlfriend's murder.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/01/jimmy-superfly-snuka-trial/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 7:51 am

I know this isnt related to WWE but anybody seen Matt Hardy in Impact recently? that dude looks so haggard its not even funny. I take it he's feuding with his twin again?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 8:56 am

I figured Snuka would find a way to evade his past and Matt Hardy looks really bad. I keep trying to give TNA a chance and I just can't anymore which is sad cuz I used to really like TNA but one thing I think that has led to their downfall is all the then former WWE wrestlers going there. I think they went to TNA as WWE/Vince spies sent to kill it from within. I mean, look at Christian for instance. He went there and won the NWA title twice and when he went back to WWE he went on to become a two-time WHC albeit very briefly. Coincidence? Maybe but I think most of the WWE wrestlers that went there after being in WWE were supplanters IMO. cuz they always go back to WWE and seem to get taken care of pretty well after that except Hogan and Bischoff but Hogan screwed himself over.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 11:17 am

Yeah I used to like TNA too even though Jeff Jarrett was a major player back in the day.  But I don't even bother with it anymore; it's like a poor man's Smackdown these days.  For some reason TNA seems to have stopped using blood too.  They do thinks like weapons matches and no one bleeds which just kills me.  We all know pro wrestling requires a willing suspension of disbelief to enjoy but c'mon, when guys are hitting each other with trash cans and street signs and mop handles and stuff, somebody has to bleed.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 5:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah I used to like TNA too even though Jeff Jarrett was a major player back in the day.  But I don't even bother with it anymore; it's like a poor man's Smackdown these days.  For some reason TNA seems to have stopped using blood too.  They do thinks like weapons matches and no one bleeds which just kills me.  We all know pro wrestling requires a willing suspension of disbelief to enjoy but c'mon, when guys are hitting each other with trash cans and street signs and mop handles and stuff, somebody has to bleed.

The major problem with TNA was they tried to be competition to WWE instead of an alternative to it. People who had gotten tired of WWE's stuff switched to TNA and found it to be no better.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 6:19 pm

I thought it was better than WWE back when they first started.  But as akeldama pointed out, part of their problem became recycling former WWE wrestlers.  That and toning down the product a la WWE is what makes them seem the same as WWE now.  Back in the early days you could at least count on some blood in almost every show.  Now it's just a lameass version of Smackdown

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 7:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I thought it was better than WWE back when they first started.  But as akeldama pointed out, part of their problem became recycling former WWE wrestlers.  That and toning down the product a la WWE is what makes them seem the same as WWE now.  Back in the early days you could at least count on some blood in almost every show.  Now it's just a lameass version of Smackdown

You are correct. Really, no matter what anyone thinks of Jarrett, he had the vision to make it an alternative to WWE. However, the numbers didn't improve as much as the company (Dixie Carter) wanted so they hired Bischoff and Hogan to take over and push Jarrett out of the creative side (which is why he eventually sold his share and left). That is when they started bringing in all the former WWE wrestlers. Once that happened, it was no longer an alternative.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 7:49 pm

Yeah, Jarrett always insisted on pushing himself as a top star but he came from the mid-south territory back in the mid to late 80s which I loved and he brought that style of booking with him to TNA.  Once that went away so did anything TNA had that distinguished them from WWE IMO.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 9:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, Jarrett always insisted on pushing himself as a top star but he came from the mid-south territory back in the mid to late 80s which I loved and he brought that style of booking with him to TNA.  Once that went away so did anything TNA had that distinguished them from WWE IMO.

I can't stand JJ, never could. One thing I will say though is I agree with you and DB and I didn't mind that JJ made himself a top star, it's no different than what Fritz Von Erich, Verne Gagne, etc. did. That was the only way to ensure the world champ wouldn't jump ala Stan 'The Lariat' Hansen: who I totally dig.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:54 am

Can this be true? How would Vince allow this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/brock-lesnar--fedor-emelianenko--nate-diaz--this-could-be-ufc-s-biggest-night-012259690.html

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
Can this be true?  How would Vince allow this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/brock-lesnar--fedor-emelianenko--nate-diaz--this-could-be-ufc-s-biggest-night-012259690.html

It is true. Brock has a clause in his contract that allows one UFC fight.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 1:11 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Can this be true?  How would Vince allow this?

It is true.  Brock has a clause in his contract that allows one UFC fight.  

If he loses, it will not do much to help the unstoppable beast gimmick.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 2:05 pm

I'm sure he won't lose. Dana White will hand him the proverbial "tomato can" to fight.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Great stuff said by AJ at the end of his verbal exchange with Cena and on the subject of the latter; is it just me or did Cena look awkward in the ring tonight? Like he didn't seem to fit in.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:33 pm

I think this article sums up my feelings about Cena (the character) and WWE in general.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/6/7/11874504/this-weeks-raw-reminded-me-why-i-hate-cena

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Just saw ADR beat Sammy and it occurred to me; why do his opponents hold themselves up when he does that stomp from the top rope? If they just stayed hanging, he couldn't hit that. It's like when a wrestler shuffles closer to the turnbuckle even when they're supposed to be down and out. Just screams this is staged. Guess I'm just stuck in the past when they at least made an attempt to make it look real.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 1:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'm sure he won't lose.  Dana White will hand him the proverbial "tomato can" to fight.

May be not:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/715573-brock-lesnar-ufc-opponent

I read that this guy has a killer knock out punch and Brock has gained a reputation as having a glass jaw. He is apparently ranked #8 in UFC.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 8:27 am

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I'm sure he won't lose.  Dana White will hand him the proverbial "tomato can" to fight.

May be not:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/715573-brock-lesnar-ufc-opponent

I read that this guy has a killer knock out punch and Brock has gained a reputation as having a glass jaw. He is apparently ranked #8 in UFC.

Mark Hunt is a very dangerous opponent for Brock. I wouldn't be surprised if Hunt knocks Brock out. He has very heavy hands.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Mattel is releasing a Shockmaster action figure hahaha

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 MatSDCC16WWEShockMaster3

Die-hard WWE® fans will enjoy the ultimate tribute to the legendary Shockmaster™ with this Elite 6-inch figure. This limited edition figure celebrates the iconic debut of The Shockmaster™ at WCW® Clash of the Champions XXIV, and is packaged in a unique way to recreate his epic fall during his television debut. He also comes with his entrance coat that was intended to enhance his first ever appearance. Now WWE® fans have a chance to celebrate one of sports entertainment’s most talked about Superstars!

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 DWF99_003_600px

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 DWF99_005_600px-198x300
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 2:19 pm

Addy wrote:
I know this isnt related to WWE but anybody seen Matt Hardy in Impact recently? that dude looks so haggard its not even funny. I take it he's feuding with his twin again?

How does Matt Hardy look "haggard"?
If you mean his 'mad scientist/nutty professor' hair and Thousand-yard stare now, that happened after he lost the championship belt due to Jeff, and him losing his mind. His insanity is also why he speaks strangely.
If you mean Matt's bodyshape, he looks exactly like Chris Jericho.

TNA has been picking up steam again for awhile. Camerawork is perfect. Good storylines, dialogue, action. For example, the 10 man battle this week was great. Usually something like that in WWE is a real bore.
The new chicks on the roster add a lot to make it interesting - Rosemary (Courtney Rush), Sienna (Allysin Kay), Allie (Cherry Bomb).
The color commentating is as good as the latest Smackdown shows to get you excited.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 5:54 pm

[quote="mikeinfla"]Mattel is releasing a Shockmaster action figure hahaha

"'e fell on 'iz a$$!" (in the British Bulldog accent)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Despite the ridicule from the Shockmaster incident, Fred Ottman (Tugboat/Typhoon) has a sense of humor about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 6:13 pm

I will never forget that incident.  I was watching live when it happened and I just remember laughing my ass off.  That was a "classic" entrance.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 6:34 am

I think it's hilarious that the action figure comes packaged upside down. I never saw the entrance until years later, probably on a DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: