Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.

Go down 
+13
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
Runicen
the sentinel
manny
Thrasher73
Lari
Witchfinder
DakotaRogers
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Fantastic album. One of the last metal albums I had HUGE anticipation for and excitedly went to buy from a physical music store the day it was released and that managed to meet my skyscraper high expectations.

I didn't much care for Something that I'm Not, not that it's a bad song, but the rest of the album was REALLY good. Tears in a Vial might be my favorite of them all. I also would've liked to hear a longer version of I Know Jack.

It naturally put huge expectations towards United Abominations a few years later, and hearing Sleepwalker and Washington Is Next beforehand made the expectations even higher. Too bad the rest of the songs mostly weren't as good. There were a few moments here and there, but I was a bit disappointed, although I still kinda liked the album.

After that I lowered my expectations for Endgame which I ended up loving. I still don't quite know which is better, Endgame or The System Has Failed. Both are excellent albums. I guess The System Has Failed is the FINAL heavy metal album I managed to create this weird rather "nostalgic" love for. I don't get that same feeling from United Abominations or Endgame where I can just remember how great time I had putting the CD into a stereo system and playing it every single day for quite some time. I don't think any other album since that one makes me remember fondly of times when I just sat down and listened to a CD. There are great later albums by great bands but none of those have stuck deep in my memory like this one managed to do.

It really has a special place in my heart.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:49 pm

I thought Dave was resigned to sub par albums and living off the 'deth name when TSHF came out.
Back to top Go down

The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2