Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.

Go down 
+13
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
Runicen
the sentinel
manny
Thrasher73
Lari
Witchfinder
DakotaRogers
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Empty
PostSubject: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Weird how age alters your perception of time. Great album though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Yeah. And I still go around defending it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:25 pm

It seems to be more accepted now then when it first came out.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:45 pm

It's one of the best thrash comebacks ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:59 pm

I still find it kind of amazing that Poland agreed to work with Mustaine again, especially considering the song "Liar" was written about him and Mustaine used to dedicate that song to Poland in concerts. Probably smart that it was a contractual appearance and that Poland appeared as a studio musician instead of actually rejoining the band.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Yep, just a paycheck is all.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Poland can't rejoin the band because he has short hair.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:25 pm

Great album and a massive comeback.
I practically did a happy dance at the record-store listening station (remember those?) when I heard "Blackmail the Universe" ... I immediately grabbed a CD and ran to the register with it. It went on to rule my life for several months afterward. Yup, I kinda sorta liked it. Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:25 pm

I love this album. Aside from a bit of filler tracks towards the end, I'm not sure why people dislike it. The energy is incredible.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Great album and a killer comeback.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Anything from the year 2000 and later I consider "new". Even 90s isn't old yet. 80s, now that's already old.

I don't know, I guess in 2020 I'll raise the bar to 2010 when all those noughties albums don't feel that new anymore.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:55 pm

Maybe. My kids talk about how old stuff from 2005 is so......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:57 pm

The term "old" consistently changes meaning throughout your life.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 6:11 pm

I feel the same way about United Abominations. Anyway The System has Failed was a good return to form.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Great album!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 8:15 pm

I like it, it's got some killer tunes: Kick the Chair, The Scorpion, Blackmail the Universe. And I love how Psalm 23 goes into My Kingdom. This one should be posted in Uncle Sax's "forgot how damn good it was" thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 8:20 am

I had gotten into 'Deth via the remix/reissues of the old catalog and then this album dropped and it was tremendous. Risk and The World Needs a Hero were no great shakes, so there wasn't much expectation that a contemporary Megadeth album was going to really do anything for me, but this was a very true return to form. Weird to think that was 11 years ago now...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 am

I have a funny story regarding this album. I don't remember much of my metal purchases from 1999-2005. I can't say that I wasn't listening to metal, but then again, I couldn't really tell you what I was listening to. I was reading more and it was also a period where school was back in my life (after a seven year hiatus), so it was work, school, watching sports, and who knows what else? When I was doing my student teaching in the spring semester of 2005 (west side of Indianapolis), I struck up a conversation with an Hispanic student, who had a Megadeth shirt on. Every once in a while, before class started, we would delve into a Megadeth discussion. He was talking about their new album "The System Has Failed", which I hadn't gotten, because I was dead broke! The very next day, he brought in a burned copy of the C.D. That's something which always stayed with me, and I have the copy still. It was one of those cool connections with a student.

I don't remember when I first sat down and listened to that burned copy, as I literally had no free time those first four months of 2005. I shuffled between teaching and working a retail job full time (which I wasn't supposed to be doing). What I can tell you is, it was the first Megadeth record since "Cryptic Writings" that I enjoyed, and it hearkened back to those earlier years of the band. It wasn't my favorite lineup of the band, but to this day, I still consider it one of their better albums.

Great songs: Tears In a Vial ~ Blackmail The Universe
Really good songs: Truth Be Told ~ My Kingdom
Good songs: Die Dead Enough ~ Kick the Chair
Average songs: Back In the Day

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 12:08 pm

It's an excellent album. After Risk, The World Needs A Hero was a welcome return for the band albeit a not quite there release. The System Has Failed is leaps and bounds better. I don't think there's really a weak tune on it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 4:35 pm

This, along with united abominations, rank very high in deth's discography.

frequent players.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 9:20 am

It was the album that sparked my love for Megadeth I still think its a great album

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 9:51 am

Great comeback
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 10:01 am

Been a long time since I've listened to this album, but I might today. I do remember liking it on release. My brother had it (I think I have it to him for his birthday that year), but I've never owned it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 10:38 am

I heard it today on my way back home from work.

Back in the day is my favorite track from this album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 12:51 pm

Back In The Day is the weakest song imo but I still like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.    The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The System Has failed is 11 years old today and I still consider it a newer album.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next