Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...

Go down 
+3
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Empty
PostSubject: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:33 pm

http://www.metal-rules.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=56789
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:01 pm

Those are some comments...

"...modern thrash that doesn't suck..."

"...I doubt they would go over well on this board. Xtian metal is not very popular in these parts..."

Funny how some folks won't even give Christian metal a chance no matter how good the music is. Are they that close-minded or are they afraid that they'll be influenced in some positive way?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:56 pm

Hey, that's awesome that their on there. Negative or positive, its still exposure!

QUOTES:
"Great band! I just got Puppet of Destruction and The Mechanics of Perilous Times and they are fanfu!@#ntastic."

"Just checked these guys out and got blown the f!#! away."
🤘 DITTO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 5:28 pm

Fair enough.....I suppose honest, vulgar and positive reviews beat many of the alternatives....
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Funny how some folks won't even give Christian metal a chance no matter how good the music is. Are they that close-minded or are they afraid that they'll be influenced in some positive way?

I agree with 100%...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 11:42 am

fishingd wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I agree with 100%...

I can understand why though. There are plenty of Christians who won't listen to anything outside of Christian music. They don't want to hear lyrics that disagree with what they believe. It's not different for the non-Christian.

Also, Jesus was pretty clear that his followers would be hated for bearing his name. If that be the case, if a band has blantent Christian lyrics, I can understand why some are so against Christian lyrics in metal.

Basically, you can't please everyone. We just play metal. We express ourselves through our music. We are Christians so that naturally flows from our lyrics. If people like it GREAT. If they don't, oh well. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:27 pm

Quote :
Yeah same here. I also listen to Deliverance occasionally. I am quite anti-religious myself but if the music is good then I see no reason to stop listening to it because it is Christian.
lol!

So much for integrity. There's a difference between not being religious and anti-religious. Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:57 pm

There can also be a difference between being a Christain and being religious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:31 pm

I think the main reason is stereotype, old metal people feel the metal maybe in a more aggresive, "satanic" or non-christian way and that's what they pass to the new generations.

I speak spanish and it's not that easy to understand at the first listen to the lyrics, but i don't care if talks about jesus, if it do it in an inteligent way is great! is a way to express what the band feel and believe, black metal is sometimes too stupid with those antichristian lyrics.

I love a band from here (Mexico), LAMENT they play a unique metal with that christian lyrics but the music is just great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 6:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Whatever their problem is, I'd hesitate to call them "metalheads."
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 6:46 pm

i cant see the problem with christain metal id it has good riffs i will listen to anyhting.

to me its all about the riffs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 11:53 pm

Says thread does not exist for me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 12:20 am

It was over a month ago. I'm sure it's fallen off since then.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board...   Ultimatum on Metal-Rules board... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1