Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Chris Squire of Yes

Go down 
+10
GrandNational
Runicen
nevermore
Required Fields
the sentinel
Boris2008
chewie
corplhicks
mikeinfla
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

RIP Chris Squire of Yes Empty
PostSubject: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 10:16 am

per Geoff Downes on Twitter.

RIP Chris Squire of Yes Squire
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 10:53 am

Weird that no one is reporting it. But the tweet looks legit.

Weirder is that my dad was telling me a week ago that he had passed away on the 20th. I knew he had Leukemia but couldn't find anything on his death or the possibility of a hoax, so I have no idea how my dad found that info. And suddenly it happens. Like my dad was stuck in a time vortex or something.

Anyway if this is true, and I'm almost certain it is, the world has lost a great musician, performer, and songwriter. RIP.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 11:40 am

Strange, maybe he passed away last week and Geoff is just now reporting it? Did Chris own the name? I believe that is why we had Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe because Chris owned the name.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 11:45 am

From Yes' official Facebook:

Quote :
It’s with the heaviest of hearts and unbearable sadness that we must inform you of the passing of our dear friend and Yes co-founder, Chris Squire. Chris peacefully passed away last night in Phoenix Arizona, in the arms of his loving wife Scotty.

For the entirety of Yes’ existence, Chris was the band’s linchpin and, in so many ways, the glue that held it together over all these years. Because of his phenomenal bass-playing prowess, Chris influenced countless bassists around the world, including many of today’s well-known artists. Chris was also a fantastic songwriter, having written and co-written much of Yes’ most endearing music, as well as his solo album, Fish Out of Water.

Outside of Yes, Chris was a loving h usband to Scotty and father to Carmen, Chandrika, Camille, Cameron, and Xilan. With his gentle, easy-going nature, Chris was a great friend of many … including each of us. But he wasn’t merely our friend: he was also part of our family and we shall forever love and miss him.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 12:15 pm

Yes that is truly sad. Another great musician gone.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 12:33 pm

This is the song that made me a fan of Chris Squire in the first place. When I heard the sound of his bass I felt it was the most badass that I had ever heard that instrument sound. Excellent songwriter and backing vocalist as well. One of the best players in rock history.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 1:02 pm

^^Awesome example. I'll never forget the goosebumps I got when I first heard that song as a kid.

Honestly? Squire's talent in this band was something I favored more than Howe's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Here is the isolated bass guitar track from Roundabout.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 2:13 pm

WTF!

R.I.P. A great bass player and composer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 8:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
Here is the isolated bass guitar track from Roundabout.  

Probably my favorite Yes track.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 8:41 pm

I looked for an article on this earlier but there was nothing. Unfortunately it has now been confirmed 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33306933

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 8:53 pm

RIP, sir.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 9:23 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Sad news. I wasn't really a fan of Yes. But I did go with a friend once to see them with Kansas. And I watched Chris all night. He was an incredible bassist!! R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 9:53 am

Shame that he's gone. He wasn't that old if memory serves...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 11:18 am

Runicen wrote:
Shame that he's gone.  He wasn't that old if memory serves...

67. Leukemia's a bitch.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 am

Crazy thing is, I was listening to Yes before going to bed and the following morning heard the news. Memory Eternal!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 12:53 am

F*ck Cancer!!

R.I.P.

Chris was a fantastic musician - a true legend!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 11:50 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 8:55 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 9:25 pm

All the years of hearing Yes songs on the radio, I never realized how great his playing was. That Roundabout riff is awesome. RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Chris Squire of Yes   RIP Chris Squire of Yes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Chris Squire of Yes
Page 1 of 1