Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Cornell

Go down 
+6
manny
mc666
Eyesore
GrandNational
Orion Crystal Ice
ZetaReticuli
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 am

Ya know, I'm an aspiring singer myself, and Cornell is one of my biggest influences. But I gotta say this, after watching and listening to the way he sings the Soundgarden songs back in the day and the way he sings them now... there's almost no difference, the guy sucks. He abused his voice and now he's having problems. Check this video out... it looks like he's struggling with these notes, he's clenching his jaw, and he's got massive veins bulging out of his neck. What the hell happened? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDQ52XgcuQg
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:07 am

I never really liked the way his higher notes came out. It reminded me a lot of the voice of this talking tiger character on an old, possibly Hanna-Barbera cartoon that I can't remember the name of. The premise was there was this circus, and the tiger would find various ways to trick and thwart the ringmaster each time. When I hear his voice I just think of that tiger. Never really understood the fuss.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:26 am

OCI, sometimes you amaze (amuse) me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:39 am

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Ya know, I'm an aspiring singer myself, and Cornell is one of my biggest influences. But I gotta say this, after watching and listening to the way he sings the Soundgarden songs back in the day and the way he sings them now... there's almost no difference, the guy sucks. He abused his voice and now he's having problems. Check this video out... it looks like he's struggling with these notes, he's clenching his jaw, and he's got massive veins bulging out of his neck. What the hell happened? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDQ52XgcuQg
I'm confused. Cornell is one of your biggest influences, but he sucks? And what does veins popping out have to do with anything? People that often use their voices—actors, musicians, etc—more than normal people tend to have larger veins in their neck.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:51 am

ZetaReticuli wrote:
But I gotta say this, after watching and listening to the way he sings
the Soundgarden songs back in the day and the way he sings them now...
there's almost no difference, the guy sucks.
so he's one of your biggest influences, yet the way he sung previously & the way he sings now, sound the same to you... & you think they suck? how sad for whatever music that you're creating. seeing that your idols suck!

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:23 am

mc666 wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:
But I gotta say this, after watching and listening to the way he sings
the Soundgarden songs back in the day and the way he sings them now...
there's almost no difference, the guy sucks.
so he's one of your biggest influences, yet the way he sung previously & the way he sings now, sound the same to you... & you think they suck? how sad for whatever music that you're creating. seeing that your idols suck!

Chris Cornell 201269
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:35 am

I don't get your point, if he is one of your biggest influences and you see no difference between how sang then and how he sings now, and he sucks. If you think he sucks why would you want to claim as an influence?
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:55 am

What I meant was, he sucks singing LIVE.
Back to top Go down

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 am

I think Chris Cornell is amazing...his high register is nearly shot, as evidenced by the last couple of Audioslave records...but his lower, soulful register still sounds amazing...his Euphoria Morning album is brilliant...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:07 am

Cornell was always one of my favorite vocalists.

foppin' and rockin' had the whole house boppin'
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:59 am

ZetaReticuli wrote:
What I meant was, he sucks singing LIVE.

One or two clips from Youtube does not demonstrate that he sucks live, he is an excellent vocalist but even the best can have an off night now and again.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:40 pm

I think we should just BAN this guy Zeta, seems like a douche to me Chris Cornell Lol Chris Cornell 84826 you know I love you. Anyway.... You gotta realize after so many years of doing what he does your voice is eventually going to show signs of ageing. He's lucky he can still sing. The guy is a great vocalist and the way he has sung over the years always blew me away. I think no matter what a lot of people say, he's one of the best vocalists out there. This video he could have been coming off a cold or maybe having an off night, but i'm just going to go with he's getting older and its getting harder to hit the notes that he used to. The whole vain popping thing is just cause he's insanly skinny. If you want the vainy look start loosing some weight chubs. Chris Cornell Icon_razz

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Cornell still has a great voice - it has changed a little bit due to wear and tear per se, but he still rocks. Way to bash your idol dude - that's lame.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 am

Christ Cornell is an amazing singer. I think he had one of the best voices of the 90s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Cornell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell   Chris Cornell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Cornell
Page 1 of 1