Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!

Go down 
+8
manny
Eyesore
Troublezone
glassprison
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 6:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So, if you go to their website (click here, dingus!), you can hear the new single, 'Symphony'. It's not half bad. However...

It sounds like a Foo Fighters song to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But if I see a new BulletBoys album on the shelf, I expect it to sound like The BulletBoys!!. His voice sounds decent enough, but he doesn't have that trademark DLR-howl that made them unique. And Mick Sweda's shredding is sorely missed.

Seeing how he's the only original member anymore, Marq should have released this as a solo album. Or as the Schmoo Schmighters or anything but the BulletBoys. Look, I get it. Name ownership and recognition and all that jive, but if this first single is any indication of the whole album, longtime fans are gonna be pissed. This is aimed at modern rock radio, not nostalgic fans. And in 2015, no radio station is putting the latest BulletBoys song in their rotation.

And the mix is shit.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 6:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So, if you go to their website (click here, dingus!), you can hear the new single, 'Symphony'. It's not half bad. However...

It sounds like a Foo Fighters song to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But if I see a new BulletBoys album on the shelf, I expect it to sound like The BulletBoys!!. His voice sounds decent enough, but he doesn't have that trademark DLR-howl that made them unique. And Mick Sweda's shredding is sorely missed.

Seeing how he's the only original member anymore, Marq should have released this as a solo album. Or as the Schmoo Schmighters or anything but the BulletBoys. Look, I get it. Name ownership and recognition and all that jive, but if this first single is any indication of the whole album, longtime fans are gonna be pissed. This is aimed at modern rock radio, not nostalgic fans. And in 2015, no radio station is putting the latest BulletBoys song in their rotation.

Wow. That is a total Foo Fighters clone! Only difference is Foo Fighters sound good. This is worse than anything Skid Row put out with Johnny. Welp, I'm reminded once again how it feels to have my hopes dashed.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Marq is looking like Paul Stanley these days. Actually, they seem alike in more ways than one. Wink
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 8:05 pm

I like the first two BB albums.  Also a fan of Torien and Sweda in King Kobra.  But I saw them live a handful of years ago, and it was some of the absolutely worst sounds that have ever penetrated my skull.  Great White and Dokken were after them and they sounded like shit too - so, ???
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:50 am

Here's another new song from Marq Torien's BulletBoys...

Not a bad tune I guess, and not as Foo Fighter-y as the last one, but just doesn't sound like the BulletBoys to me. Generic modern radio rock. Gotta hot chick in it though. So there's that.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 11:10 am

So Marq Torien was interviewed on some dude's podcast recently and had some "interesting" things to say about the good old days...

He "co-wrote" Ratt's big hit and was in the band before Warren on guitar(?)...
https://sleazeroxx.com/marq-torien-looks-back-on-his-time-in-ratt-including-co-writing-the-track-you-think-youre-tough/

He was the first pick for guitarist after the death of Randy Rhodes for Ozzy...
https://sleazeroxx.com/bulletboys-frontman-marq-torien-recalls-his-very-short-stint-as-ozzy-osbournes-guitarist/

Nikki & Vince or Motley Crue called him racist names...
http://metalsludge.tv/motley-crued-marq-torien-claims-vince-neil-and-nikki-sixx-called-him-beaner-and-wetback/

He then later auditioned for the Crue and hooked them up with Corabi...
https://sleazeroxx.com/bulletboys-singer-marq-torien-recalls-auditioning-for-motley-crue-hooking-them-up-with-john-corabi/

He certainly covers alot of ground in one interview. I think he's pulling most of those stories out of his ass, but it's interesting to say the least. Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39580

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 11:40 am

If I'm not mistaken , he also invented the internet, wrote Stairway To Heaven, and doubled as Ace Frehley after the latter was electrocuted on stage in Lakeland FL.

Actually, the only thing that sounds remotely believable is the Motley Crue name calling.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 12:00 pm

I think the Motley Crue one is probably fake because in The Dirt book, Vince said his mom is Mexican. That doesn’t automatically mean it’s not true, but it raises doubt. And it also seems so generically bad and made up. Vince leaning against a brick wall... then Nikki appearing out of nowhere to chime in and then Tommy coming to the rescue. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 12:17 pm

The Ratt story has got to be phony. Look at the way he implies that Warren was just kept in the band because his family is wealthy, and not because he’s one of the best players that ever graced glam metal. I think everyone knows Warren could’ve played circles around him!

Marq kinda sounds the way Don Dokken did when he said he was better than George Lynch on guitar. Both of those guys are delusional.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Weren't the original BulletBoys supposed to do a reunion tour this year? I would imagine that fell by the wayside. If so, that's one thing we can be grateful to COVID-19 for.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 3:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So Marq Torien was interviewed on some dude's podcast recently and had some "interesting" things to say about the good old days...

He "co-wrote" Ratt's big hit and was in the band before Warren on guitar(?)...
https://sleazeroxx.com/marq-torien-looks-back-on-his-time-in-ratt-including-co-writing-the-track-you-think-youre-tough/

He was the first pick for guitarist after the death of Randy Rhodes for Ozzy...
https://sleazeroxx.com/bulletboys-frontman-marq-torien-recalls-his-very-short-stint-as-ozzy-osbournes-guitarist/

Nikki & Vince or Motley Crue called him racist names...
http://metalsludge.tv/motley-crued-marq-torien-claims-vince-neil-and-nikki-sixx-called-him-beaner-and-wetback/

He then later auditioned for the Crue and hooked them up with Corabi...
https://sleazeroxx.com/bulletboys-singer-marq-torien-recalls-auditioning-for-motley-crue-hooking-them-up-with-john-corabi/

He certainly covers alot of ground in one interview. I think he's pulling most of those stories out of his ass, but it's interesting to say the least. Laughing very hard

Nikki Sixx Twitter rage coming in 3...2...1...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Weren't the original BulletBoys supposed to do a reunion tour this year? I would imagine that fell by the wayside. If so, that's one thing we can be grateful to COVID-19 for.

Yes, they reunited last December and were supposed to make a new recording and tour.

I’ll admit that I was a fan of the first album and maybe a few songs on the next two. But that was a long time ago... and I don’t think they can recapture the early VH rip-off vibe again.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 9:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

It's still on. From a recent podcast...

Quote :
In regard to new BulletBoys material, Torien indicated:

“I’ve been doing a lot of writing and recording. Trying to rise to the occasion and keep a good perspective on everything. It’s going amazing in the studio, but it’s not easy to do it under quarantine. You ever seen Fight Club? Our band is kinda like Fight Club. We don’t talk about Fight Club! I will share that there is a lot of stuff being thrown around musically. We have a big surprise coming for people in the next few months. We’ve been cooking some stuff in the BulletBoys kitchen. It’s sounding amazing. It’s going to be produced by some of the family that worked on our first record. Not to give away too much. When the four of us get together, it just has that sound man. We are working on a new video too. Hopefully it will be out by the end of the summer.”

With respect to reuniting the original BulletBoys line-up, Torien stated: “It’s better than the old days because we’ve have grown as people and as musicians. We definitely have the chemistry, it never left. It was really about finding a way to be loving each other in the now. Not focusing on things that did or didn’t happen in the past.”

I thoroughly enjoy their first 2 albums, so I'll give new material a fair shake, even if expectations are low.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 am

Just listened to them for the first time, their debut.
My first impression was that their dirty. Sleazy. Perverted.
Then I thought how they sounded a lot like The Roxx Gang.
After a repeated listen...I thought it as very street rock.
Like LA GUNS debut. No way though would I classify them with KIX.
It was fun to read the comments. I’ll buy another from them for sure.
Even if the singer is making outrageous claims. Randy Rhodes replacement ?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 8:53 am

I like the first couple albums. Had the debut as a new release on cassette.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2