Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!

Go down 
+8
manny
Eyesore
Troublezone
glassprison
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Empty
PostSubject: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 10:19 am

Another Blast-From-The-Past that a dozen or so will be excited for...The BulletBoys!! Well, technically, it's BulletBoy as lead singer Marq Torien is the only original member.

Quote :
BULLETBOYS are back and ready to tear the house down with first album of original material since 2009, "Elefanté", due on June 9 via Cleopatra/Deadline. According to a press release, "this long-awaited CD shows that the BULLETBOYS are unstoppable with their grinding hard rock. Singer Marq Torien's vocals hit every note with the power that is his trademark.

"Can't wait for our fans to hear this album," says Marq. "I put my heart and soul into this music. This album has sick peaks and valleys... it is NOT a linear album. A straight-out labor of love that I've dedicated to my amazing father, all of our families and our unfaltering BULLETBOYS fans and friends."

BULLETBOYS' current lineup consists of founding member Marq Torien (vocals/lead guitar), Nick Rozz (guitar), Chad MacDonald (bass) and Shawn Duncan (drums).

"Elefanté" was produced by Matt Thorne (TRAPT, DISTURBED) and Torien, and was engineered by Ryan Greene (ALICE COOPER, LITA FORD, CHEAP TRICK, USHER). It was mastered by Anthony Focx (MILEY CYRUS, AEROSMITH, SANTANA, BUCKCHERRY).

The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Bulletboyselefantecd

01. Rollover
02. Tsunami
03. Symphony
04. The Villain
05. Kin Folk
06. Saving You From Me
07. As Dumb As
08. Superhuman Girl
09. Drop Your Weapon
10. Bitch Is Back
11. Elefanté

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Not sure what to think about this. I liked their debut and the follow-up (Freak Show) but never heard anything past that. And since it's only Torien, who knows what this will even sound like. You never know though. It could be good. Or not.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Good old Deadline/Cleopatra Records. Always there to provide a loving home to leftover '80s rockers and their associated hangers-on.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:54 pm

007 wrote:
Not sure what to think about this. I liked their debut and the follow-up (Freak Show) but never heard anything past that. And since it's only Torien, who knows what this will even sound like. You never know though. It could be good. Or not.

I'm not getting too worked up over it myself. I too enjoy their first 2 albums. After that? Meh. I stopped caring after that turd Za-Za.

There have been some good albums to come from past-their-prime 80's bands (Kix and LA Guns come to mind) and just as many bad ones. I'll give 'em a listen, but I'm not expecting much. Maybe Torien still has a little gas left in the tank.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Woah woah woah. You guys haven't heard or didn't like 1993's ZaZa??
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:31 pm

Their 2009 album, 10c Billionaire, is not a bad album. It's just not their classic sound. Actually it was supposed to be released under the band name 10c Billionaire but it became clear that the band would draw more people using the name Bulletboys since Torien was fronting it. From the bit I've heard, this one sounds to be in the same vein.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:56 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Woah woah woah. You guys haven't heard or didn't like 1993's ZaZa??

I might have bought that one as a new release. Or very shortly thereafter. I don't recall much from it, other than it was a stinker. I still love their first 2, but I lost interest and moved on after that.

glassprison wrote:
Their 2009 album, 10c Billionaire, is not a bad album. It's just not their classic sound

That there speaks volumes as to why I wouldn't bother.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 4:03 pm

I'd say give ZaZa a second chance. It's edgier and darker than the first two but doesn't bow to grunge territory. Templeman's stamp is really evident throughout the album. And IMO it's Marq's best vocal delivery to date, rivaling the grit of Sebastian Bach. It's a heavy, inspired, hard rockin' album.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Without original guitarist Mick Sweda, I'm not interested...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:37 pm

At least Trixter put out a great new album, and their early albums are really good. BulletBoys, on the other hand, have one good song. A great song, actually, but beyond that they're pretty shitty.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
At least Trixter put out a great new album, and their early albums are really good. BulletBoys, on the other hand, have one good song. A great song, actually, but beyond that they're pretty shitty.

I think their cover of "For the Love of Money" is good too.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 12:37 am

I'm a fan of the first three albums. As albums I find them solid wall-to-wall with great production values. I still spin 'em like it's '88/'91/'93.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 4:38 am

I liked them back in the day and saw them live once in 1994, but overall I cannot see this generating much interest behind Marc Torien immediate family and friends

Last edited by manny on Thu May 14, 2015 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 9:54 am

Eyesore wrote:

I'd dispute that. I thought the 2nd album was even better than the debut. However, this new incarnation of Marq and a bunch of scabs doesn't really interest me. Mick Sweda was a heck of a guitar player.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 9:59 am

corplhicks wrote:
I'd say give ZaZa a second chance. It's edgier and darker than the first two but doesn't bow to grunge territory. Templeman's stamp is really evident throughout the album. And IMO it's Marq's best vocal delivery to date, rivaling the grit of Sebastian Bach. It's a heavy, inspired, hard rockin' album.

Eh, that song's ok. It's literally been years since I heard the whole album, but I seem to recall that for ever 1 song that was ok, there were 2 or 3 that sucked donkey. Maybe I'll revisit it on Youtube and see if anything sparks my interest.

Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 10:14 pm

If you liked the first two, I see no reason why you wouldn't like Za-Za. My only gripe is it's too short.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 9:24 am

I like their cover of "Rock Candy" from....Wayne's World soundtrack maybe? Some soundtrack.

I had the first album, but this band really never did a ton for me. They weren't bad or anything.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 9:27 am

I used to see Za-Za in the used bins for dirt cheap like under $5 but I was too leery in picking it up. Maybe if I see it there again I'll give it a try.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 9:44 am

007 wrote:
I used to see Za-Za in the used bins for dirt cheap like under $5 but I was too leery in picking it up. Maybe if I see it there again I'll give it a try.

Yea, I used to see lotsa copies too back in the day. I'd probably grab one now just to give it a shot, but I'm in no rush. I just found a coupla goodies at the thrift shop last night for .97 cents, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 12:40 pm

So, if you go to their website (click here, dingus!), you can hear the new single, 'Symphony'. It's not half bad. However...

It sounds like a Foo Fighters song to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But if I see a new BulletBoys album on the shelf, I expect it to sound like The BulletBoys!!. His voice sounds decent enough, but he doesn't have that trademark DLR-howl that made them unique. And Mick Sweda's shredding is sorely missed.

Seeing how he's the only original member anymore, Marq should have released this as a solo album. Or as the Schmoo Schmighters or anything but the BulletBoys. Look, I get it. Name ownership and recognition and all that jive, but if this first single is any indication of the whole album, longtime fans are gonna be pissed. This is aimed at modern rock radio, not nostalgic fans. And in 2015, no radio station is putting the latest BulletBoys song in their rotation.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu May 21, 2015 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a freaking typo, ok?)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 12:44 pm

Infinite wrote:
If you liked the first two, I see no reason why you wouldn't like Za-Za. My only gripe is it's too short.

I gave it a shot on YouTube. I think I've got my fill of BulletBoys. Thanks anyway.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Quote :
And Mick Sweda's shedding is sorely missed.

You can only shed so much before you're totally bald. Maybe he ran out. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

You can only shed so much before you're totally bald. Maybe he ran out. Very Happy

I meant shedding, like shed building. His carpentry skills are unmatched in that industry. Wanker.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 1:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I meant shedding, like shed building. His carpentry skills are unmatched in that industry. Wanker.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 2:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

So Mick Sweda is Amish? You learn something new every day.

The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! 250?cb=20130719191022

"'Tis a fine barn, but sure 'tis no pool, English."

"D'OH-eth!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!   The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The BulletBoys are Back, Buddy!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next