Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 11:56 am

^^^ Lucky for the Pirates. Still 6 and a half back of the Cards.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Royals vs Cardinals.

Looks like STL will salvage one game of the series.  6-1 in the 9th.  Wacha is in line for his 7th win after going 7 innings and allowing 0 earned runs on 5 hits.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 5:50 pm

I see the Pirates won today too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I see the Pirates won today too.

yes, Liriano bounced back nicely today. The Pirates offense seems to be finally waking up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Dbacks vs Cardinals

Cards' pen blew a 2-0 lead in the 8th but Jhonny Peralta homered to lead off the bottom of the 10th for a 3-2 walkoff win.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 9:42 pm

Pirates vs Marlins. Charlie Morton makes his first start off the DL. After shaky first, he settled down and with a couple of homers by Alvarez and Cervelli, the Pirates win 4-2.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Watching the Braves and Dodgers game.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Minus an hour away watching the Flash, I watched the Pirates beat the Marlins tonight ,5-1. Jeff Locke looked sharp, pitching 5 and 2/3 scoreless innings.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm watching the Cards battle the Dbacks.

Jaime Garcia is starting his second game of the year and he doesn't look nearly as strong as he did in his first outing against the Mets.  Still, in the bottom of the 5th it's 6-4 STL.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:13 pm

The Cards are tough. It's going to be hard catching up to them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 8:47 am

Garcia won.  He gave up 3 ER in 6 innings.  Not bad for a #5 starter.  And one who was only starting his second game of the season.  We'll see how long "Porcelain Jaime" can stay off the DL.  My guess is he'll be out again by the All Star break.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 9:05 am

Crap. That still means the Pirates are 6 and a half back.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Although I couldn't watch the game here at work, I listened to the Pirates sleepwalk through 7 innings before cracking out 5 runs to beat the Marlins 5-2, extending their win streak to 6.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Wow, I didn't realize they'd won 6 in a row.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:43 am

Cards pulled out the sweep with 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th last night.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:16 am

Well, like I said, the Cards are a tough team to beat. It doesn't even matter losing Adams for the 3-4 months they are saying. They'll just plug in another player (like last year when Molina went down). Any idea who they would use for the long haul ?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Right now they're using Mark Reynolds.  He's been an every day player for the past 7 years and has hit at least 20 homers each year.  But he's also a huge strikeout man, fanning almost 1/3 of the time.  Rumors are flying around here that the Cards are considering making an offer to the Phillies for Ryan Howard.  He's from here anyway and Ruben Amaro has made it no secret that Howard is available.  Apparently the Phils are even willing to eat a big chunk of his salary just to move him.  I could see the Cards "renting" Howard for the season if they only have to give up a second-tier minor leaguer or so.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Yeah that makes sense. I'm not sure how much Howard has left in the tank but this year would probably work.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:15 pm

On a sports-related note but not specific to anything I'm watching other than the news, I'm loving this scandal that is sweeping through FIFA, the governing body of soccer.

I hate soccer; HATE, HATE, HATE soccer, and it's mega-popular around here.  I can appreciate the athleticism necessary to play the game but I just find it soooooooooo boring; even the NHL realized a 0-0 tie is not acceptable.  I think soccer makes baseball (the sport most people think is really boring) look like a summer blockbuster movie with CGI explosions every 5 seconds. 

So for me, I enjoy anything that takes soccer down a peg.  It touts itself as "the world's game" (and to be honest, it actually is) but I love seeing all this corruption crap about its governing body.

Yeah, I HATE soccer!!!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 8:22 pm

Ya know, after some quiet reflection, I don't think that last post came off quite right.

I WOULD RATHER SIT THROUGH A DAVE MATTHEWS CONCERT THAN HAVE TO SIT THROUGH A GAME OF "FUTBOL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, now I feel better.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Ya know, after some quiet reflection, I don't think that last post came off quite right.

I WOULD RATHER SIT THROUGH A DAVE MATTHEWS CONCERT THAN HAVE TO SIT THROUGH A GAME OF "FUTBOL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, now I feel better.

lol!

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:19 am

Watched the first 4 inning s of the Pirates vs Padres (West coast games end way too late for me during the work week). The Bucs were winning 7-2 at that point and ended up winning 11-5, their streak now at 7.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 10:46 am

Cards have now won 5 in a row themselves.  Lackey was brilliant last night going 7 innings and allowing no runs on 5 hits while fanning 9.  Cards won 3-0.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:28 am

The Pirates lost last night on a walk off grand slam. Liriano pitched a great game, striking out 11 and giving up 3 hits. The bullpen blew it. Hughes came in and gave up 2 quick runs to let the Padres tie the game. Then Scahill let the walk off happen to Norris, who had previously struck out 4 times (!) in the game. Can't win em all....
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Not that you philistines will care but I watched my team Arsenal obliterate Aston villa 4 -0 in the F.A cup final. Featuring one of the best goals I have ever seen from the maestro Alexis Sanchez!!!

Considerably more entertaining than watching some fat guys scratch their balls for 3 hours (which is what baseball looks like to me)     lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next