Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row - Subhuman Race

Go down 
+20
stormspell
nevermore
Eyesore
chewie
Infinite
Gilbert
bass63
Dark Horseman
Thelemech
glassprison
Temple of Blood
Lari
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
James B.
Witchfinder
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Skid Row - Subhuman Race
It Sucks
Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 5 ]
It's good!
Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 16 ]
Who?
Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Skid Row released an album in 1995?
Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Subhuman Race   Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 7:30 pm

Mega-necro-thread bump:

Earlier in this thread (from 2015!) I said that I hadn't heard Subhuman Race since it was a current release in the 90s. At that time it did absolutely nothing for me, and I ended up trading it back to my local used CD store.

A month or so ago I came across a copy of S.R. again at my favorite second-hand haunt and thought I'd give it another try, aaaaaand... it still sucks. (So hey, at least I could finally vote in this poll!) It's already been traded back to them.

I sincerely doubt there will ever be a third try.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Subhuman Race   Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 10:17 pm

Some of the music is okay on Subhuman… but it was obviously a band running on fumes (at the time).

Skid Row will be known for two albums. The s/t debut and Slave to the Grind.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Subhuman Race   Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 10:30 am

It's okay, I guess
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Subhuman Race   Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 11:45 am

Troublezone wrote:
Some of the music is okay on Subhuman… but it was obviously a band running on fumes (at the time).

It reminded me a lot of the second Fight album (Small Deadly Space), i.e. 80s metal dudes trying to adapt to the down-tuned, grungy "90s" vibe. Neither Skid Row or Fight were successful at it.  

I always got the feeling that Fight were trying to find "their" sound on Small Deadly Space (as opposed to the obvious Pantera worship of their debut, War of Words). If there'd been a third Fight album, maybe they would've finally "found" it and S.D.S. would've been considered their "transitional" album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

007 and Troublezone like this post

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Subhuman Race   Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 12:01 pm

I went with It Sucks because it does!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Subhuman Race   Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 2:04 pm

I never heard this one. Almost picked it up once 20 years ago.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Subhuman Race   Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am

Good album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Subhuman Race   Skid Row - Subhuman Race - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row - Subhuman Race
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2