Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row debate...

Go down 
+14
glassprison
AutumnShantel
manny
Lari
Eyesore
thejokeriv
corplhicks
mc666
Witchfinder
Thelemech
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
BillRoxx
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:15 pm

I have to say I agree with Bas on this. No desire to see Skid Row without him fronting the band! Haven't cared for the new Skid Row at all! Bas's solo stuff I enjoy! Saw him open for Cinderella at the OC Fair and thought he kicked ass! Thoughts?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sebastian-bach-says-his-former-bandmates-in-skid-row-are-allergic-to-cash-and-happy-not-being-big/
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:22 pm

SAVAGE ANIMAL!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
SAVAGE ANIMAL!

lol! 

And I think that kinda sums it up. He's a great singer (seriously, you know this kind of music isn't really my thing but he's brilliant) but would you want to be in a band with him? I don't know if that Supergroup show was representative but he was an absolute nightmare!!  Skid Row debate... 811939 
Back to top Go down

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:49 pm

I don't think I will ever be able to see him without thinking about the role he played on Gilmore Girls.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 4:11 pm

It's exactly how I am late at night at a show or practice with a bunch of caffeine in my face. Razz
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 4:19 pm

I would say that his solo stuff is better than the Skid Row without him. I would truly like to see him rejoin SR.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Skid Row is hot garbage without him. They need to reunite. His solo material is far better than anything Skid Row has crapped out with Johnny Solinger.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 4:58 pm

I actually respect Skid Row for doing what makes them happy. Most bands probably would jump back into an ugly situation for a quick cash grab.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Skid Row is hot garbage without him.  They need to reunite.  His solo material is far better than anything Skid Row has crapped out with Johnny Solinger.

This. The latest EP was a bit better, but the Solinger songs do nothing but anger me.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:16 pm

This:

Witchfinder wrote:
Skid Row is hot garbage without him.  They need to reunite.  His solo material is far better than anything Skid Row has crapped out with Johnny Solinger.

And sort of this:

mc666 wrote:
I actually respect Skid Row for doing what makes them happy. Most bands probably would jump back into an ugly situation for a quick cash grab.

I've seen them with Solinger twice (opened for KISS and at the M3 Festival one year) and he sounded horrible.

I do think they are doing what makes them happy - and that they absolutely can't be in the same state as Bach. I am willing to bet they have discussed it many, many times...... then Bach says something like he did in that interview and they are reminded why they don't want to get "bach" into that situation.

Anyone know how does Skid Row does in Europe? If they are making a good living playing in Europe with Johnny, why bring back Bach and make it a nightmare for the rest of the band?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:21 pm

I forgot to include: I have no desire to see the band reunite, even if they've been in my top 5 since 1993. As everyone else is saying, it would be a disaster. That and Baz can't sing those songs like he used to, at least judging from YouTube and a previous thread here. At one point he was an idol of mine, now he's in "gotta do what you gotta do" territory.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 6:15 pm

I saw Skid Row (with Solinger) opening for KISS as well a few years back and they weren't impressive at all. In fact, I can't really say I saw them per se but heard them since it was an outdoor concert. Still, they didn't sound good at all and it made me not want to get anything released by them.

If they would reunite, more power to them. But I'm not holding my breath for it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 8:40 pm

mc666 wrote:

Completely agree with this. They don't owe anything to the fans, especially to those who've just shit all over them for everything they've done since Bach left the band. Those aren't fans, those are assholes. The stuff they've done with Solinger is not bad AT ALL. It's actually quite good. Different, sure, but quality stuff. So why insult them because they're happy doing what they're doing?

"We're happy. We don't care."

That's bullshit. The fact that they're not getting back with Bach is because they do care. Maybe it's time people told Bach it's all his fault, for being an egotistical c*nt. He can't even do the old songs justice anyway. =)
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Bach solo is surprisingly enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:49 am

I like Skid Row and never heard the material they have done since they reformed with a new vocalist, but those guys have no desire to work with Sebastain, for whatever reason, then more power to them.

I also like the fact Skid Row are moving forward and still record new material, which I am sure is challenging in this music climate where the only thing fans want to hear from veteran acts is their oldies.
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:02 am

S.D. wrote:
I don't think I will ever be able to see him without thinking about the role he played on Gilmore Girls.  

Haha. Exactly what I wanted to say. Especially after I saw the episode where he covered Hollaback Girl...
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:02 am

I don't have much desire to see them reunite. I like what Bach is doing on his own these days, and the guys in Skid Row seem to have little desire to write/perform music that is in the same vein.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:41 am

Skid Row without Bach is pointless, the same could be said for many bands that abandoned there original singer and forged forward with out them and without a BAND NAME CHANGE.

If you want to distance yourself from the past and "We're happy we don't care" then change your band name.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:57 pm

martinsane wrote:
Skid Row without Bach is pointless, the same could be said for many bands that abandoned there original singer and forged forward with out them and without a BAND NAME CHANGE.

If you want to distance yourself from the past and "We're happy we don't care" then change your band name.

Or you could try changing instead.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 2:06 pm

martinsane wrote:

I've actually thought it would be cool for a band to successfully pull off a complete generation change. Let's say Judas Priest, for instance. They got a little younger with Scott Travis, a lot younger with Tim Owens, and had they kept him and got Faulkner as a guitarist, they'd be well on their way. And after those guys retire one by one, you get new replacements for them. Like a sports franchise. Keep on going, rock forever, show must go on, whatever slogan fits the best.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Lari wrote:
martinsane wrote:

I've actually thought it would be cool for a band to successfully pull off a complete generation change. Let's say Judas Priest, for instance. They got a little younger with Scott Travis, a lot younger with Tim Owens, and had they kept him and got Faulkner as a guitarist, they'd be well on their way. And after those guys retire one by one, you get new replacements for them. Like a sports franchise. Keep on going, rock forever, show must go on, whatever slogan fits the best.

That's an interesting thought, Rick Wakeman viewed YES in the same way. Like the way orchestras go on with younger members.

I think that is an interesting experiment.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 3:14 pm

chewie wrote:
Lari wrote:
martinsane wrote:

That's an interesting thought, Rick Wakeman viewed YES in the same way. Like the way orchestras go on with younger members.

That is exactly what Gene and Paul are doing with KISS....

Priest, I don't know if they are or not..... maybe when they Rob, Glenn and Ian finally retire Priest will still be touring.... heck, they may even sell it as Judas' Disciples... Ripper Owens back on vocals (since at this point most of the Metal community will accept him singing Halford's songs.....and they would be playing the same size clubs that Dio Disciples plays)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Of course even the classic Priest line up contained NO original members, they were all at some time replacements themselves. The first line up was these guys.

(September 1969–April 1970)
Al Atkins - lead vocals
Ernie Chataway - lead guitar
Bruno Stapenhill - bass
John Partridge - drums
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:03 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
chewie wrote:
Lari wrote:
martinsane wrote:

That is exactly what Gene and Paul are doing with KISS....

Priest, I don't know if they are or not..... maybe when they Rob, Glenn and Ian finally retire Priest will still be touring.... heck, they may even sell it as Judas' Disciples... Ripper Owens back on vocals (since at this point most of the Metal community will accept him singing Halford's songs.....and they would be playing the same size clubs that Dio Disciples plays)

Metal Church is succeeding at it as well. Stylistically they are sticking to the road that took them, but they have a had many member changes since the departure of the Reverend.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:27 am

I find it funny when the old debate pops up regarding bands where the original or fans favourite vocalist leaves a band. Its the same story with fans always clamouring for a reunion claiming the band are rubbish with the new singer.

I always feel a little sorry for the poor replacement singers who have to step into big shoes as they seem to get most of the blame if a band sounds rubbish or changes their style and that if the old singer comes back magically the band will sound great again.

I've seen skid row twice with sollinger and I thought he was a very decent vocalist. Can't say I love the new music the band are making with him but that's hardly all his fault. Thickskin did have some decent stuff on it.

A lot of bands have gone through what skid row have gone through, losing a big name fans favourite vocalist and each time the new boy gets the blame for the band sounding rubbish. Personally I don't think bach coming back in will re charge skid row at all. They were a product of their time, when glam metal and big arena catchy radio friendly metal was the in thing. If they tried to recapture the past they would look stupid, a bunch of late 40 somethings playing music that today's fans aren't really interested in with a vocalist that can't hit those type of notes anymore. A reunion would only really be something older fans would want and after one tour once the older fans saw how sad the show would likely be they'd leave the band alone.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skid Row debate... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row debate...   Skid Row debate... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row debate...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: