Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Skid Row EP On The Way

Go down 
+17
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
corplhicks
tohostudios
bgsully
Shawn Of Fire
Gilbert
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
James B.
ZombieHavoc
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Skid Row EP On The Way Empty
PostSubject: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:07 am

Some news on the new ep...

Quote :
The band's new EP, "United World Rebellion - Chapter One", will be released in North America on April 16, with an international release date to be announced shortly

The first new release from SKID ROW since 2006's "Revolutions Per Minute", "United World Rebellion - Chapter One" is the first of three plus three EPs that will be made available over the next 12-18 months.

Explained SKID ROW bassist Rachel Bolan: "We wanted to do something different. Living in an age of information overload, it seemed like the perfect time to try something new. We came up with the idea to release three consecutive EPs over the course of the next year or so. This way we have new music out there on a consistent basis. And who better to do that with than Megaforce? They practically invented the EP! 'United World Rebellion – Chapter One' ROCKS!"

SKID ROW singer Johnny Solinger recently stated about "United World Rebellion - Chapter One": "This truly is a special record. Can't wait for you all to hear it."

New Skid Row EP On The Way Skidrowunitedcdsmall

Me personally, I'm a Sebastian Bach loyalist. No Bas=No Skid Row. But that's just me. Maybe this will be good. I'll probably never know.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 am

I didn't care for the first Bach-less Skid Row album (Thickskin) but I dug their other one (Revolutions Per Minute - though sometimes I think I'm the only one who liked it, haha), so I'll give this a listen.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 am

Quote :
"This truly is a special record. Can't wait for you all to hear it."

Just once I'd like to read where a band says "This record is just like all our other crap"
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:23 pm

I wish Skid Row would do something like Warrant did with Robert Mason. Put out a new, solid rock record with a good singer, even if it is not their original.

I have no problem listening to a Skid Row record without Bas. I just don't happen to like the voice of the guy who replaced him.

I kind of like that cover though. It's kinda weird though, like their logo is an anarchronism or something. The artwork looks modern, and that logo emblazoned at the top just looks like 1989. I still dig it though. The dude, though, also kind of looks like the early 90s blue/gray version of Snake Eyes...if anyone else remembers that.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Bass player dude is acting like the multi-ep thang was all thier ideal or something ?

Maybe I'm taking his words out of context ? I've never done that before Laughing very hard

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:41 pm

James B. wrote:
Bass player dude is acting like the multi-ep thang was all thier ideal or something ?

Maybe I'm taking his words out of context ? I've never done that before Laughing very hard

I get the feeling we're going to see allot of bands following that pattern. Why go through the hassle and expense of releasing a full album when 4 or 5 songs will do. Especially the "older" bands, who just play the hits live anyway.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Even if Sebastian went back to Skid Row.....all of us "jaded" fans would be wanting to hear stuff akin to the glory years and end up being disappointed anyways.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 pm

James B. wrote:
Even if Sebastian went back to Skid Row.....all of us "jaded" fans would be wanting to hear stuff akin to the glory years and end up being disappointed anyways.

Not necessarily. Yea, that's true of allot of bands (and their fans), but there's been some exceptions to that rule. Most notably, the latest LA Guns album.

I can't stop talking about how good it is. The band sounds good and the songs sound great. Not cheesy or dated at all, but still sounds like classic LA Guns to my ears. The latest Cult album is another one that sticks out in my mind. I didn't hear it myself, but that last Ratt album was supposedly pretty good too.

So it is possible to reunite or regroup and still put out decent music. Difficult, sure, but not impossible. Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
James B. wrote:

Not necessarily. Yea, that's true of allot of bands (and their fans), but there's been some exceptions to that rule. Most notably, the latest LA Guns album.

I can't stop talking about how good it is. The band sounds good and the songs sound great. Not cheesy or dated at all, but still sounds like classic LA Guns to my ears. The latest Cult album is another one that sticks out in my mind. I didn't hear it myself, but that last Ratt album was supposedly pretty good too.

So it is possible to reunite or regroup and still put out decent music. Difficult, sure, but not impossible. Razz

I agree. I think the past, I don't know, 5 years or so, most of the stuff the 80s glam/sleaze/aor bands have been doing has been mostly solid. Some crap of course, and then other stuff ranging from listenable to as good as anything released in the heyday.

The L.A. Guns, as mentioned, is a good example. Warrant's recent release was good. Hardline as been putting out good stuff. The Ratt was okay. A lot of people dug it, and it wasn't bad. Other bands that have put out well received stuff recently: Great White. Whitesnake, Scorpions, Krokus, Keel, Trixter, just off the top of my head.

Of course you still get records coming out like Lita Ford's Wicked Wonderland that just suck and are everything that you didn't like about these artists from 1995 to 2006 (although I understand her most recent disc is supposed to be a bit better).

Plus the fact that Bas' own solo albums from the past couple years have kicked ass. So I'm pretty sure if he hooked back up with the Skids...something pretty good might come out of it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 pm

I think allot of those bands from the 80's have finally started to accept the fact that they are never going to sell millions again or receive any sort of airplay or noteriety, so instead of trying to be something they're not (ie grunge, alternative, critically acclaimed or sadly, relevent) they might as well do what they do best and ultimately give the fans what they want.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 pm

I dug the last L.A Guns....

My take on Sebastian and Skid Row is since he left, neither camp has done anything great. Trust me, I've tried to like what they've released but cannot do it.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

I don't like Solinger's voice and the music behind him isn't memorable to me. I do like Bach's last album, not up to Slave but very good.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:23 pm

Baz-less Skid Row is total garbage. Who are they kidding with this? I mean other than themselves, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:43 am

I'm also of the no Baz, no Skid Row crowd. I like Solinger's solo work, but just can't bring myself to listen to any SR without SB. I did really like Baz' work on Angel Down though.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Did you hear Kicking and Screaming? Better then Angel Down in my book.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:37 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Did you hear Kicking and Screaming? Better then Angel Down in my book.

Haven't found it used yet Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
James B. wrote:

I get the feeling we're going to see allot of bands following that pattern. Why go through the hassle and expense of releasing a full album when 4 or 5 songs will do. Especially the "older" bands, who just play the hits live anyway.
In the past few years a lot of bands have announced they were doing this, and yet I don't think a single one of them has actually managed to make it happen.

Thus far, Drivin' N' Cryin' is the only band managing to pull it off. They announced they would release four EPs over the course of 12 months. The first was released in June, the second in October, and the third is about to come out. I suspect they'll get the fourth out before June, too.

Can't recall any other band who has announced a similar plan actually making it happen. Most have managed one EP and then nothing after.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:12 pm

As for Skid Row, this EP will be just like the last two studio albums: Solid modern rock that fails to do anything because the band members are idiots and never changed their name.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...

If 3 Doors Down released this song, it would have been a huge hit.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Wow...that song is about as generic as you can get. But you're right. I can hear that being a radio hit. Pure contractor rock.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Not interested in this in the least. I saw them live without Bach and was very unimpressed. Very boring, actually.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Wow...that song is about as generic as you can get. But you're right. I can hear that being a radio hit. Pure contractor rock.
Yup. And they do it well. Sad they can't let go of that name.

Of course, I fully understand why they don't. It's guaranteed money, even if it's just a paltry amount. Without the name, there are no guarantees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:24 am

Eyesore wrote:

Can't recall any other band who has announced a similar plan actually making it happen. Most have managed one EP and then nothing after.

Most likely because they release one EP, nobody buys it and thus it's not worth the loss of money to record another. If you are pressing physical discs then multiple EPs is a helluva lot more expensive than just biting the bullet and releasing a full album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:53 am

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Most likely because they release one EP, nobody buys it and thus it's not worth the loss of money to record another. If you are pressing physical discs then multiple EPs is a helluva lot more expensive than just biting the bullet and releasing a full album.
Down surely should have been able to manage it. They first announced a series of like four EPs years ago, yet they've managed just one. And now Anselmo is very vague when asked about others.

I wish I could remember the other bands who have talked about it. Either way, Drivin' N' Cryin' is not the band I would have expected to succeed here. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:40 am

I just heard ghost.

They sound like one of those modern rock bands sick
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:48 am

SpectreFate wrote:

Laughing very hard That song is terrible!! Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: New Skid Row EP On The Way   New Skid Row EP On The Way Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Skid Row EP On The Way
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next