Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row on SNL

Go down 
+12
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Dark Horseman
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
exact33
James B.
ultmetal
kethdredd
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Pretty impressive performance.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:16 pm

They were a great band back in the day.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Killer.......nuff said

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 am

yep. Pulling out the S/T today to listen again.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:14 am

I remember watching that episode back then and thinking how great they are live.Not too many people can wail like Bach.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:30 am

ultmetal wrote:

QFT

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am

Never saw that before. Very cool.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:47 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

QFT

seems like somebody owns a acronym dictionary

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
They were one of my favorite new bands of 1989!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Wish they'd bury the hatchet.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:17 pm

James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

QFT

QFT!!

lol!

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:25 pm

I dug Slave To The Grind when it first came out, especially surprising since I hated the debut...though they changed their sound ALOT between albums.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:36 pm

I vaguely remember seeing this on "SNL" when it aired.

I liked Skid Row's debut a lot at the time but nowadays I'm pretty sick of it (I never need to hear "Youth Gone Effing Wild," "18 and Life" or "I Remember You" again as long as I live!)... but SLAVE TO THE GRIND still gets fairly regular spins.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:46 pm

kmorg wrote:
James B. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

QFT

QFT!!

lol!

either that or homey thought he was texting scratch

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:02 pm

They need to get Bach back pronto. Slave To The Grind is one of my favorite albums of all time. It's the rare case of a sophomore album being better and much heavier than the debut. Too bad they couldn't keep it together through the 90s. The Solinger era is pure crap.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:03 pm

Quote :
The Solinger era is pure crap.

I didn't like THICKSKIN at all but I kinda dig the punk-rock vibe on their last one, REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE... though I appear to be the only one...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I didn't like THICKSKIN at all but I kinda dig the punk-rock vibe on their last one, REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE... though I appear to be the only one...

You sir, are the only one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

You sir, are the only one. Very Happy

Yeah, I thought so. Very Happy

Someday I'll meet a member of Skid Row and ask him to autograph my REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE disc, and he'll say "Wow, so YOU'RE the guy who liked this? We thought you were just an urban legend, man!" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Don't worry, you're still an urban legend in my book.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:25 pm

The first two albums are fantastic, but Slave to the Grind frickin' slays! That album is timeless.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Having seen Sebastian live in both Skid Row and solo, I have to say he's one of the best singers I've seen on stage. He sounded just as good, if not better, live as he did on the studio albums.

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:44 pm

I saw Skid Row on the Subhuman Race tour in Seattle, I went to see the opening act "Souls At Zero" but stuck around for their performance. They were kicking ass, even though based on the attendance at that gig, you could tell this scene was on life support.

Bach was an excellent frontman, very entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:46 pm

I saw Skid Row open for Aerosmith on the Pump tour and they were firing on all cylinders then.

During Aerosmith's set, Bach came running out onstage during Joe Perry's solo spotlight (he was doing a cover of Hendrix's "Red House") and ran in circles around the drum riser a couple of times before some roadies grabbed him and dragged him away.

Perry just smirked and said "F**kin' Sebastian Bach..."

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:29 pm

I saw that tour. Bach was amazing but did he do one of his diatribes where you had no clue what it was about?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The first two albums are fantastic, but Slave to the Grind frickin' slays! That album is timeless.

I have to agree with Ken. Both are excellent!

Sponsored content

Skid Row on SNL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row on SNL   Skid Row on SNL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row on SNL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next