Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cassette tapes

Go down 
+3
Required Fields
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:34 pm

Does anyone know if record companies release new music (any genre) on cassettes anymore? Some places still press vinyl, but does anyone buy new cassettes anymore? I'm not looking for any, mind you, but I was just curious if the market still exists.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Does anyone know if record companies release new music (any genre) on cassettes anymore? Some places still press vinyl, but does anyone buy new cassettes anymore? I'm not looking for any, mind you, but I was just curious if the market still exists.

Probably not in the US, Japan or Europe, but I bet they still have them in the Middle East, Russia, China ect.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:07 pm

Not in North America, for about five or six years now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Not in North America, for about five or six years now.

Mexico might still have em.
Back to top Go down

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 10:24 pm

Yeah, other countries still produce them. I'm betting you could get them made still, but it would be kind of pointless.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 11:31 pm

The half dozen or so used places I frequent don't sell cassettes either new or used and have not for some time now.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, other countries still produce them. I'm betting you could get them made still, but it would be kind of pointless.

I know a Korean The System Has Failed floats around on eBay.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:44 pm

Here in India yes, they release tapes too, but very very less as compared to a few years ago.

I don't have a single cassette tape with me, since all my songs are in mpeg format.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:16 pm

Funny that this topic comes up cuz my wife and I are getting ready to have a yard sale next weekend so I just pulled out a bunch of my old tapes (stuff I've upgraded to CD, or just don't listen to anymore) from the closet to put up on the sell block. We do this every other year or so and oddly enough, even though they're an obsolete format, whenever I put out a bunch of my old cassettes at a yard sale, they sell like hotcakes!

One time I had a guy buy 20 or 30 of 'em in one shot, he was happy as a clam and asked me "This is some GREAT stuff! How come you're getting rid of these?" and I was like "Well, they have these new-fangled things called CDs now, haven't you heard of 'em?" Smile
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:04 pm

the sentinel wrote:
The half dozen or so used places I frequent don't sell cassettes either new or used and have not for some time now.

The nearest used store to me sells them. I bought Accept - Russian Roulette there a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 3:26 pm

I think some underground black metal labels are still releasing tapes
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:53 pm

I usually buy em when I'm checking out artists. Got a few Robin Trower ones I listen to a bit. I have some Metallica ones in my car for when I forget my iPod.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:20 pm

I bought Master of Puppets on cassette used a few years ago simply just to piss Lars off.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:54 am

stormspell wrote:
I think some underground black metal labels are still releasing tapes

Kassettes are KULT! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cassette tapes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassette tapes   Cassette tapes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cassette tapes
Page 1 of 1