Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed

Go down 
+19
tohostudios
exact33
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
mlotek
Vexer6
mc666
James B.
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
Runicen
Lari
DakotaRogers
Dr8breed74
MoonChild
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Sword Of The Heretic
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Empty
PostSubject: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 10:00 am

"I would do that again, but not if I knew I was being filmed." Whoops, too little too late

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/11/new-york-deputy-slaps-citizen-allowing-search-car/
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 10:48 am

This happens all day, every day. I had a cop break my phone when I tried to vid an incident at a Gophers hockey game last year.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 11:40 am

Well, a sad plight of modern day world!
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 2:50 pm

The worst thing about this is - we're all capable of behaving like a complete violent idiot. It always drives the message home of how 'not to act' by someone who is paid not to act like like this. Being a law enforcer doesn't give you a badge to act above it (as stated by the 'power-trip' title of this thread).
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Ah, the reaction song. Not all cops are bent, some are (this isn't just reserved to just cops), but not all are built the same way. I would like to think that the family and friends that work for the police are trying to do a good job.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:06 pm

lame
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:25 pm

There was a rifle on the back seat. I understand the desire to search the car. The only reason you'd resist is because you're being a dick about your rights, or that you have criminal intentions. The cop assumed the latter and made sure no-one got shot that night.

Any normal person would just agree to a search and get sent off with a "we're sorry to have bothered you, sir", knowing their city is safe.

It's the corrupt cops that won't do their jobs that is the real problem.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 7:41 pm

^^^ What he said
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 7:54 pm

I pity our kids generation [and their kids'], Lari - that is if you believe protecting your civil rights is a "dick" move and getting bitch-slapped by a pig for doing so.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Probable cause means police must have some facts or evidence to believe you’re involved in criminal activity. Seeing a rifle in a parked vehicle is NOT probable cause.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:42 am

I see it both ways. Some cops go way overboard on their little powertrips and there are a majority of them like that.However, there are plenty of good honest ones out there. A cop has every right to question a rifle in the back seat. This guy apparently went overboard. And on the other hand,just let the cop search the car. It won't hurt anything and last but a few minutes.At least that's my take and how I would have handled it.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:31 am

I am getting torn about these police excesses as well.

While I have zero respect or patience for the genuinely corrupt, reactionary and unnecessarily violent, there is a trend I'm noticing in a lot of these "incidents" that are going viral.

I mean, first, you have stuff like the Ferguson, MO, Michael Brown shooting where the entire town devolves into idiot rioting over what is alleged to be a "racially motivated" overreaction only to have the forensic evidence completely clear the officer and prove beyond a doubt that Brown was reaching for the officer's gun. I mean, holy crap! And nary a word of apology to the officer, nobody in the town says, "We over-reacted and that was wrong." It was just a lot of morons aching for a reason to go nuts as near as I can tell.

Then, you have all of these instances of people filming the police. While I've seen some that are clearly violations by the police, there are just as many videos of someone hovering near a cop screaming, "I HAVE RIGHTS! I'M FILMING YOU BECAUSE I HAVE RIGHTS!" Hell, I'd beat someone with a shoe for getting in my face at work as-is and I'm not (generally) faced with the threat of physical violence as a matter of course in my line of work.

It's important to watch the bee watchers, but some people are getting stupid about it. There's a big difference between firmly stating that you have rights when you feel they're being violated and just screaming like a moron about it, which incidentally looks shady as hell. Ever worked at a returns counter in retail? Watch the idiots who make the most noise. Almost 100% of the time, they're making noise because they're trying to scam you and they hope you'll give them what they want just to get them to shut up and leave.

Not universally applicable when it comes to interactions with the police, but something worth keeping an eye on.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:40 am

As an attorney I have leaned this much:

NEVER consent to a search. EVER. I don't care if you have nothing to hide, but complying with a search request is asking for trouble. You never have to consent to a search of your vehicle. The police are trained to get you to comply and break you down.

Also, all police should wear cameras at all times. Every single time a police force has done this both citizen complaints against the police and violence directed toward police has decreased.

Do I think the police are evil? No, but the potential for the abuse of power is immense with the police and they must be under close scrutiny at all times.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
As an attorney I have leaned this much:

NEVER consent to a search.  EVER.  I don't care if you have nothing to hide, but complying with a search request is asking for trouble.  You never have to consent to a search of your vehicle.  The police are trained to get you to comply and break you down.  

This
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12623

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:51 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Probable cause means police must have some facts or evidence to believe you’re involved in criminal activity.  Seeing a rifle in a parked vehicle is NOT probable cause.

It can be.....

Some places have ordinance(s) where it is unlawful to have a firearm in a motor vehicle within city limits, have a loaded firearm in a vehicle within city limits, and then you have the possibility that car occupant(s) are on probation or parole.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Also, all police should wear cameras at all times.  Every single time a police force has done this both citizen complaints against the police and violence directed toward police has decreased.

Do I think the police are evil?  No, but the potential for the abuse of power is immense with the police and they must be under close scrutiny at all times.

I'll second this in a big way.

Out of curiosity, what is the harm in consenting to a search if there is no contraband or anything of the like for them to find? Not that I'd be particularly quick to do it, but I guess I can't see the harm.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Runicen wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Also, all police should wear cameras at all times.  Every single time a police force has done this both citizen complaints against the police and violence directed toward police has decreased.

Do I think the police are evil?  No, but the potential for the abuse of power is immense with the police and they must be under close scrutiny at all times.

I'll second this in a big way.

Out of curiosity, what is the harm in consenting to a search if there is no contraband or anything of the like for them to find?  Not that I'd be particularly quick to do it, but I guess I can't see the harm.

Watch this because it explains why you should never consent to a search.  This features a law school professor/criminal defense attorney and a police officer.  Go to 27 minute mark for what the police officer says.

I also think this video is very good for the layperson:

Will most of us ever run afoul of the criminal justice system or the police? Probably not. However there are plenty of honest citizens that get ensnared in the legal system because they thought they had "done nothing wrong" or that they "had nothing to hide." Protect your rights because no one else will.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 2:26 pm

As someone who used to work along side police officers, & also as someone who has been arrested numerous times, I've seen polite professional cops & pompous power mad d-bags. That said, I don't give either type any more than I'm legally required to.

Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Very educational stuff. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:27 am

Runicen wrote:

While I have zero respect or patience for the genuinely corrupt, reactionary and unnecessarily violent, there is a trend I'm noticing in a lot of these "incidents" that are going viral.  

I mean, first, you have stuff like the Ferguson, MO, Michael Brown shooting where the entire town devolves into idiot rioting over what is alleged to be a "racially motivated" overreaction only to have the forensic evidence completely clear the officer and prove beyond a doubt that Brown was reaching for the officer's gun.  I mean, holy crap!  And nary a word of apology to the officer, nobody in the town says, "We over-reacted and that was wrong."  It was just a lot of morons aching for a reason to go nuts as near as I can tell.

Then, you have all of these instances of people filming the police.  While I've seen some that are clearly violations by the police, there are just as many videos of someone hovering near a cop screaming, "I HAVE RIGHTS!  I'M FILMING YOU BECAUSE I HAVE RIGHTS!"  Hell, I'd beat someone with a shoe for getting in my face at work as-is and I'm not (generally) faced with the threat of physical violence as a matter of course in my line of work.

It's important to watch the bee watchers, but some people are getting stupid about it.  There's a big difference between firmly stating that you have rights when you feel they're being violated and just screaming like a moron about it, which incidentally looks shady as hell.  Ever worked at a returns counter in retail?  Watch the idiots who make the most noise.  Almost 100% of the time, they're making noise because they're trying to scam you and they hope you'll give them what they want just to get them to shut up and leave.

Not universally applicable when it comes to interactions with the police, but something worth keeping an eye on.
That's complete BS, the shooting WAS racially motivated. Darren Wilson is a f*cking murderer, Brown was NOT reaching for the cop's gun, all the eyewitnesses(including white construction workers) say he had his hands up when he was shot.

The protesters are not "morons looking for an excuse to go nuts" your words show how painfully ignorant you are about this case.

Nobody owes that asshole an apology for anything.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:40 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Runicen wrote:

I mean, first, you have stuff like the Ferguson, MO, Michael Brown shooting where the entire town devolves into idiot rioting over what is alleged to be a "racially motivated" overreaction only to have the forensic evidence completely clear the officer and prove beyond a doubt that Brown was reaching for the officer's gun.  I mean, holy crap!  And nary a word of apology to the officer, nobody in the town says, "We over-reacted and that was wrong."  It was just a lot of morons aching for a reason to go nuts as near as I can tell.

Then, you have all of these instances of people filming the police.  While I've seen some that are clearly violations by the police, there are just as many videos of someone hovering near a cop screaming, "I HAVE RIGHTS!  I'M FILMING YOU BECAUSE I HAVE RIGHTS!"  Hell, I'd beat someone with a shoe for getting in my face at work as-is and I'm not (generally) faced with the threat of physical violence as a matter of course in my line of work.

It's important to watch the bee watchers, but some people are getting stupid about it.  There's a big difference between firmly stating that you have rights when you feel they're being violated and just screaming like a moron about it, which incidentally looks shady as hell.  Ever worked at a returns counter in retail?  Watch the idiots who make the most noise.  Almost 100% of the time, they're making noise because they're trying to scam you and they hope you'll give them what they want just to get them to shut up and leave.

That's complete BS, the shooting WAS racially motivated. Darren Wilson is a f*cking murderer, Brown was NOT reaching for the cop's gun, all the eyewitnesses(including white construction workers) say he had his hands up when he was shot.

The protesters are not "morons looking for an excuse to go nuts" your words show how painfully ignorant you are about this case.

Nobody owes that asshole an apology for anything.

really?
so the fact that Darren Wilson went to the hospital for being assaulted and possibly blinded in one eye was done by who then?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20/missouri-cop-was-badly-beaten-before-shooting-michael-brown-says-source/
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Dr8breed74 wrote:
Ah, the reaction song.  Not all cops are bent, some are (this isn't just reserved to just cops), but not all are built the same way.  I would like to think that the family and friends that work for the police are trying to do a good job.

I remember Ice-T made a similar comment, saying the cops in the song being killed by the cop killer are the cops who act above the law.

Adding that the song is told from a perspective of someone who holds that belief, Ice-T said, "If you believe I am a cop killer, you believe David Bowie is an astronaut."

Ironically, Ice-T would play a cop on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit several years later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Quote :
Ice-T would play a cop on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit several years later.

Supposedly when Body Count plays "Cop Killer" live nowadays, the "F*ck the police" chant in the middle has become "F*ck the police? I play one on TV!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Funny how we're talking about Cop Killer, as my friend Matt (the vocalist for Mortality Work) posted the song on his Facebook just the other day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed   Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cop gets on a power trip, has no idea he was being filmed
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next