Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?

Go down 
+18
stepcousin
TheGooch
Thrasher73
mc666
spiritoradio
KissinMaiden
Wargod
Shiney
ultmetal
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Smindas
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Neuropete
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 11:48 pm

yeah, I love Talking Heads! "Psycho Killer" is one of my fav songs by them. I even love the side-project band Tina and Chris put together, Tom Tom Club. Very funky stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 12:25 am

I've not heard Tom Tom Club! I'll have to check them!

Thanks.

🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 2:05 pm

i have a large collection of eighties pop and radio rock whihc i collected from various relatives for free
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:22 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Okay - I'm not talking about anything that is metal or hard rock related. Nothing that some people might consider being under the banner of metal.

What kinds of music do you like besides metal/hard rock stuff? Anything?

I know some people are 'strictly' metal only people - and that's great! I used to be that way too. But as I got older, I started branching out more and more.

I still love my metal - eat, sleep, drink and pee it - but there are certain times I get in other moods.

Metal is like my main course (meat). I love meat. I could live on it - but then there are times I like my side dishes too. Other kinds of music are like my sides.

Goth
Industrial/EBM
Synthpop/Darkwave
Trance
Alternative (some, not all - you might call this 'modern rock')
Nu Metal (only some - the bands I like are few and far between actually)
Country (only a few select artists)
World/New Age

I don't really get into:

Jazz
Blues (though I do appreciate it for it's history)
Rap/Hip Hop
R&B
Mainstream Pop (except for a few acts)

dude, I'm the same way. I always thought of metal being like pizza, at a big ol' buffet. yes, I would probably eat more pizza than anything else(if it was really killer pizza). Its my favorite food but Ive lived off of it exclusively before and I wasnt too healthy after a while. I like other stuff, and I find myself eating more healthy these days.
so its kinda like music for me as well.

I love British Invasion mod music and late 60's hippy rock, Jazz stuff like Al DiMeola, I love classic blues rock and late 70's/early 80's pop stuff like Journey and REO Speedwagon.

I love metal more than any other form of music, nothing at all compares to a killer thrash or old school heavy metal album and nothing gets my blood going more. but to exist on nothing but metal 24-7, well that would be just plain boring for me. but thats just me.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:15 am

The Cure, Punk (Dead Kennedys, old Black Flag), Live, Pearl Jam (the older stuff - not a fan of the newer stuff), Journey, Forienger, Styx, Pink Floyd, etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 11:58 am

Quote :
I love metal more than any other form of music, nothing at all compares to a killer thrash or old school heavy metal album and nothing gets my blood going more. but to exist on nothing but metal 24-7, well that would be just plain boring for me. but thats just me.

I completely agree Stepcousin!

🤘
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 12:37 pm

I only listen to "my" music when I am alone, so I have learned to like most any type of music. Not into hip-hop and related styles. I love jazz of really any sort, but lean more to the progressive side. If I have a choice it is alway rock-hard rock-metal.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 7:48 pm

Besides metal, my interests include:

-Blues
-Classic Rock of the 60's and 70's
-Soul music from the 50's and 60's
-Old School R&B from the 50's and 60's
-Classical (I played violin for 8 years)
-80's synthpop and darkwave
-I also listen to on occassion music I grew up with in my native homeland like Armenian, Arabic, Greek, etc.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 4:02 am

Progressive Rock (Neal Morse, Marillion, Kansas, etc.), some Folk (John Denver and Gordon Lightfoot), alternative country and pre-young country (The Lost Dogs, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Kenny Rogers, Mac Davis, etc.), 80's pop rock (Journey, Heart, REO Speedwagon, Bryan Adams, Chicago, Peter Cetera, Phil Collins, later Genesis, Don Henley, etc.), classic rock (The Moody Blues, Billy Joel, Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, America, Boston, etc.), in the early 90's I listened to a little rap (Sir Mix-A-Lot, House Of Pain, Cypress Hill, Marky Mark, and little else), some alternative (All Star United, O.C. Supertones, The Choir, Collective Soul, and Soul Asylum), and Blues (Clapton, Stevie Ray, Glenn Kaiser Band, etc.). Also, because he is parody of multiple genres he doesn't fall in with the above categories, I am a huge "Weird Al" Yankovic fan.

The only music that really irritates the hell out of me: Most rap (especially from the mid-90's on up), modern country (Garth Brooks ruined everything), R&B (90's on up, I actually like some classic stuff and 80's stuff), and dance and pop (trendy teenage peppy crap).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 9:54 am

I also have always really liked big band....Sinatra, Bennett, Dean Martin. Love that stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?   what styles of music do you like that are not metal related? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what styles of music do you like that are not metal related?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3