Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever

Go down 
+4
jettafiend
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Empty
PostSubject: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:50 am

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2013/20130410marijuana
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 am

Apparently the security guard who complained is the only one shocked by these goings-on. Laughing very hard

I love this bit:

Quote :
The rather comic filing also discusses an incident involving Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine, who brazenly lit a joint in the lobby. "It's Adam Levine, you know from Maroon 5. He can do whatever he wants," a UMPG employee allegedly responded. "If he wants to come to the lobby and do a line of coke on the floor, it's okay."

Security Boss to Guard: "Dude, That's the Maroon 5 guy! Maroon 5 is the last artist on this label that actually sells records!! So if that guy shows up here at 3 AM with a dismembered prostitute in the trunk of his car and he asks you to help him get rid of it, YOU DO WHAT HE TELLS YOU, capeesh?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Apparently the security guard who complained is the only one shocked by these goings-on. Laughing very hard

I love this bit:

Quote :
The rather comic filing also discusses an incident involving Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine, who brazenly lit a joint in the lobby. "It's Adam Levine, you know from Maroon 5. He can do whatever he wants," a UMPG employee allegedly responded. "If he wants to come to the lobby and do a line of coke on the floor, it's okay."

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:12 pm

As long as you have a prescription card you can smoke marijuana in any area that cigarette smoking is allowed. If the place of business is privately owned they can set the rules on whether it is allowed inside the building or not.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:43 am

S.D. wrote:
If the place of business is privately owned they can set the rules on whether it is allowed inside the building or not.

Unless they're in California or New York.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
S.D. wrote:
If the place of business is privately owned they can set the rules on whether it is allowed inside the building or not.

Or Oregon, which is stricter than California on tobacco and smoking in general, if you can believe that.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:51 pm

jettafiend wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Or Oregon, which is stricter than California on tobacco and smoking in general, if you can believe that.

or Delaware which has an indoor smoking ban in most public places.

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Oregon has banned smoking in all indoor facilities, including bars and Cigar clubs and are now working on parks and public areas including sidewalks.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm

jettafiend wrote:
exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Oregon has banned smoking in all indoor facilities, including bars and Cigar clubs and are now working on parks and public areas including sidewalks.

Delaware is pretty much the same. They wanted to ban it in cars where minors were riding but were not successful.

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:57 pm

exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Delaware is pretty much the same. They wanted to ban it in cars where minors were riding but were not successful.

Same here, but scuttlebutt says that it is going to be in the ballot again this November, along with implementing a sales tax which has been struck down the last 5 times it was voted on.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:02 pm

jettafiend wrote:
exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Same here, but scuttlebutt says that it is going to be in the ballot again this November, along with implementing a sales tax which has been struck down the last 5 times it was voted on.

they will get you coming or going. That much is certain.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:25 pm

With New York, they're even trying to get it where if you smoke in your own home, you have to have your windows closed because the second hand smoke could bother pedestrians.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:27 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
With New York, they're even trying to get it where if you smoke in your own home, you have to have your windows closed because the second hand smoke could bother pedestrians.

woe is the day the government can tell you what to do in your own home.

QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Wait. Musicians smoking pot? The sky is definitely falling!

BTW, as per the other discussion here, Ohio has also banned smoking in all bars and restaurants.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 pm

There aren't that many bands out there that I truly hate, but boy do I ever hate Maroon 5.

The fact that they are bigger than ever now is just plain sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
S.D. wrote:

they will get you coming or going. That much is certain.

Yup, I agree completely, but personally, I still gotta vote or I feel that have no right to speak out on the matters concerned (just my own personal opinion).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Oregon banned indoor smoking? When did that happen? I live there summer of '07 and made a hobby of bringing a pack to the city bar, light up, drink up. It was a blast, considering drinking and smoking go hand-in-hand like steak and red wine.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:54 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Oregon banned indoor smoking? When did that happen? I live there summer of '07 and made a hobby of bringing a pack to the city bar, light up, drink up. It was a blast, considering drinking and smoking go hand-in-hand like steak and red wine.

'08-'09 I think. It was a pretty big deal for awhile until people got used to it. What part of Oregon?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Seaside/Astoria. Guess I had just missed the ban. What a shame for Oregon.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 pm

corplhicks wrote:

That is a gorgeous area. It is a shame, people have not quite figured out yet that if you don't like the atmosphere, then don't frequent the place.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 3:31 am

jettafiend wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

That is a gorgeous area. It is a shame, people have not quite figured out yet that if you don't like the atmosphere, then don't frequent the place.

Most beautiful area I've ever inhabited. Awesome bars, good people, albeit a bit melancholy, but a great place for reflection and solitude. But agreed, a smokey bar is good for business, and what if people start having a problem with the smell of vodka? Ban vodka? I quit smoking 2.5 years ago for my heart, otherwise I miss it dearly and will always stand for smokers' rights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 3:38 am

Many cities across the country don't allow smoking in bars/restaurants any longer. Before moving to Los Angeles I lived in Austin, Texas and you had to smoke outside there as well.

I'm old enough to remember my first job you could still smoke inside while working, you could still get seats in the smoker's section on airplanes and trains...times change, we adapt.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:13 am

Quote :
I'm old enough to remember my first job you could still smoke inside while working

Me too. My first boss smoked like a chimney in his office, all day, every day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
Many cities across the country don't allow smoking in bars/restaurants any longer. Before moving to Los Angeles I lived in Austin, Texas and you had to smoke outside there as well.

I'm old enough to remember my first job you could still smoke inside while working, you could still get seats in the smoker's section on airplanes and trains...times change, we adapt.

people do adapt. I dont smoke so I prefer that places dont allow it anymore.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever   Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least Shocking Music-Related News Item Ever
Page 1 of 1