Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exercise and dieting

Go down 
+15
Boris2008
Runicen
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
jstate
corplhicks
DallasBlack
James B.
exact33
tohostudios
AutumnShantel
Fat Freddy
Headbanger Man
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:17 pm

007 wrote:
Well the strip club's loss has been our gain !  Razz 

Yeah and now I don't give a crap and most of you guys on here probably put me to shame.   But I'll always have that "moment of glory".   Laughing

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
Well the strip club's loss has been our gain !  Razz 

Yeah and now I don't give a crap and most of you guys on here probably put me to shame.   But I'll always have that "moment of glory".   Laughing

i feel a whiteny houston song coming on....

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:21 pm

lol!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Nobody ever wanted me to strip, but I was requested to put some more clothes on before. I wasn't even naked!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Nobody ever wanted me to strip, but I was requested to put some more clothes on before. I wasn't even naked!

Laughing very hard   Yeah, that's what I'd get now.  "Put it on, put it on!".   lol! 

But hell, I'm almost 54 so...WHO CARES????

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:27 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:28 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

well TheKing is still hot and desirable!!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:30 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I'm just hoping my personality is enough to get me by or I find a woman who is insane... or blind.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 pm

More or less back on topic, while I was in the best shape of my life 20 years ago, looking back on it it just wasn't actually worth it.

Though I ran 5 miles a day, I absolutely HATED it; I only did it because I would trail behind my girlfriend like a donkey trotting along after a carrot.  I DID enjoy the weightlifting all the time but I felt so guilty when I took a day off from the gym that I just kept going every single day; it probably fits the definition of an "addiction".

One year after I moved to STL, I still tried to keep up that schedule but it got to the point where I couldn't even turn a doorknob without experiencing pain in my elbow.  Went to an orthopedic surgeon and discovered I'd shredded a tendon due to overuse.  After the surgery I decided it just wasn't worth it anymore.  And I still have some pain in my left arm which also should have been surgically repaired but I said no; the therapy totally sucks.  So I decided to seriously cut back on my weight lifting and just grow old and fat.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 pm

I have cut way back on my volume, and I'm very careful to "RICE" any little nagging injury. I like working out, being healthy, and looking good so I want to be in it for the long-haul in some capacity. I did quit heavy lifting, because I didn't see the point anymore of being super-strong just for the sake of it. Trying to squeeze that last 10% out of my muscles was always when I'd get hurt.

Now I just want to maintain a high fitness level with a modest amount of strength and muscle.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 am

I was a workout freak for about 4 years.I kept to a good routine and wouldn't miss a workout for anything.I lifted,did sit ups,pull ups,walked regularly.I look back now and even though I felt great I wonder why?Nowadays I'm built for comfort not speed!Haha!

Anyway,the job I have allows me to stay in good shape.I work for Heaven Hill Distillery and stack cases of liquor all day in a hot ass warehouse.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:05 am

I stopped with the heavy lifting ten years ago when my shoulder and back basically told me it was time to stop.  Plus I started to realize what would happen with that mass when I could no longer go.  Several friends who I lifted with at the time have bore that out with their now flabby girth (man boobs galore).  The last decade I have gone for a focus on a leaned out look.  In doing so I discovered a love of running, biking, and any other cardio I can squeeze in.  For me it is just fun.  Which in my opinion should be the point of any exercise.  

The funny thing about having kids was it actually focused me more into a set time for my workouts.    Caused me to make the most of the time I had, realizing it was the only time I had.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:06 pm

jstate wrote:
For me it is just fun.  Which in my opinion should be the point of any exercise.  

I agree wholeheartedly on that which is why I really don't exercise. I used to because I had to (wrestling/navy) or because I thought I had to (image/bragging rights/aspirations to become a pro wrestler). I never enjoyed running and no matter how much I lifted I peaked and never got stronger. Of course, I can't deny that laziness was a factor but it came down to the fact that I didn't enjoy it. As long as I don't get too fat (i.e. work at a job where I'm on my feet most of the time, take the occasional walk, don't over eat too much, etc.) I think I will be alright without exercise.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:09 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I'm just hoping my personality is enough to get me by or I find a woman who is insane... or blind.

Until she gets her eyesight back and suddenly the ugliest man in Glasgow won't be good enough for her!  angry 

Exercise and dieting - Page 2 378486-223PYeSpmQKDAQ_R
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Well I still like the weightlifting stuff, but I was never into the "hardcore" thing. its not my cup of tea. I´d feel better if I could buy "bodylastics" again, I had a kit of these and they worked fine , but they don´t last forever , its great for a mild / moderate work out without buying the whole "hardcore lifting" thing ...
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:26 pm

I also don´t like any type of cardio SPECIALLY running. I feel "running" is like a torture to me ... I can walk , sometimes, and that´s it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Yeah, I agree about running. I absolutely hate it. But I find I do like walking. And I like the elliptical because I can watch TV while I'm on it.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:16 pm

I walk, to and from work (about 3 miles total) I also walk quite a lot during my work day as my job involves checking that people are doing stuff properly. Other than that I'm a slob, my diet is terrible and I still smoke. I gave up drinking and drugs years ago so I didn't die but I could lose about two stones to be at my ideal weight Sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:23 pm

I hear if you get married you lose two stones immediately. Ba-dum-dum

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:46 pm

^^lawl!

Cardio is verrrrry boring to me, even with music screaming on my phones. I love weights, though. That's where all the fun is, with or without music.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:58 pm

corplhicks wrote:
^^lawl!

Cardio is verrrrry boring to me, even with music screaming on my phones. I love weights, though. That's where all the fun is, with or without music.

I totally agree. I still love lifting weights. I just have to be careful because as I stated a few posts back I still have damaged tendons in my left arm from never taking a day off from the weights 20 years ago. Must be a "guy thing".

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:42 pm

i enjoy cardio and weights. I get in that zone and its off to the races.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, I agree about running.  I absolutely hate it.  But I find I do like walking.  And I like the elliptical because I can watch TV while I'm on it.

I love walking when there is beautiful scenery around, but not in the Texas summer. I will probably start walking again when the weather cools down (I even take walks in winter-providing it doesn't dip down below 40). As for running, I will only run if my life is in danger.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:20 pm

I am trying to do a "politically correct version" of Atkins. banning the overtly fatty meat. eating fat cheese with moderation ( altogheter with "lean" cheese ) , plenty of vegetables and some fruits. avoiding anything with flour , sugar and whole grains ( I´ll ocasionally eat some whole wheat tho ) potatoes , carrots and other starchy vegetables I´ll eat only ocasionally the same goes with lentils and beans ...
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Altought I plan to eat beans and lentils more frequently. they are closer to "super food" than really starchy foods.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exercise and dieting
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next