Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exercise and dieting

Go down 
+15
Boris2008
Runicen
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
jstate
corplhicks
DallasBlack
James B.
exact33
tohostudios
AutumnShantel
Fat Freddy
Headbanger Man
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

Exercise and dieting Empty
PostSubject: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:55 am

So ... let´s talk about exercise and dieting here in this thread ...
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:07 am

I lost a lot of weight in recent months. I saw a topic here about Low Carb dieting and this was the same exact method I addopted. However now its time for me to gain some muscle. Want to start to work out with weights again , put the carbs up a little and put the fat way down on the LC diet. Still felling sluggish and lazy to start working out again ...
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:08 am

I actually don´t like exercising. let me say I like weight lifting sometimes , but cardio is not something I´m so fond on ... the only cardio I can tolerate are walking or maybe swimming ...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:43 am

I don't diet but earlier this year I took up walking during my lunch break at work. I have a desk job so after sitting on my ass all day there and then going home and sitting on my ass there, I was becoming quite the gastropod.

On any given day I'll do between 1 and a 1/2 to 2 miles on my lunch walk, and on my days off I try to squeeze in some longer distances. This morning (my day off) I did just a hair over 4 and a half miles.

I'm starting to see results, I've lost 10 lbs. in the past three weeks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm into fitness and nutrition. I currently teach a fitness/toning class at the local Yoga House and am studying to be a personal trainer... Cardio is my favorite type of exercise, I run 6+ miles every morning. I focus on other stuff, too, though. That's about all I have to add to the conversation. lol
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 6:37 pm

This is an excellent video. I don´t agree with 100 % that they say, but , I´d say there´s a lot of TRUTH to be found in this video. "counting" calories is stupid:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't diet but earlier this year I took up walking during my lunch break at work. I have a desk job so after sitting on my ass all day there and then going home and sitting on my ass there, I was becoming quite the gastropod.

On any given day I'll do between 1 and a 1/2 to 2 miles on my lunch walk, and on my days off I try to squeeze in some longer distances. This morning (my day off) I did just a hair over 4 and a half miles.

I'm starting to see results, I've lost 10 lbs. in the past three weeks.

Same here.  Now that I work from home fulltime I can walk my 3 mile course every day at lunch because I don't lose 30 minutes driving back and forth to work.  So I wander around the various subdivisions on my walks and marvel at what some people consider "décor".  House-watching is even more fun than people-watching!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:35 pm

i diet and work out. I walk a mile on the treadmill every day and do weights on legs twice a week and weights on the arms/shoulders/etc twice a week.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:23 pm

I work on a highway crew and even though I'm in a truck or on heavy equipment most of the time. I get lots of exercise.   Three times a week, I jog to the top of huge piles of sand and road base gravel about 10 times each.  They are about the size of half a city block and are often 250 foot tall or more.
The best thing is when I'm done, I just walk a few feet and hop in my camper trailer, shower and crash for the night. headbanger

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:43 pm

I work 10 hours a day for four days half of which is spent loading boxes in trailers sitting out in 100+ degree weather. When not loading the truck I am either walking around like a headless chicken or repeatedly moving boxes from a chute to a conveyor (over and over again for hours on end). With all that, I don't need to exercise. As for dieting:

laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:19 pm

2,000 (healthy) calories a day including fruit/veggies, 30m min intense cardio a day, weights on MWF, crunches and push ups every day. I've been driving for a living for five years now and packed on way too much and it's affected my heart. Let's just say I have a long f*cking way to go.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 am

I'm a fitness junkie.  Cardio and weights.  I've always loved training since I was a kid.  The physical benefits are nice but I also feel it helps me mentally.  Burns off all the excessive energy.  Since I'm not a big eater at all and am pretty obsessive with what I will eat my biggest issue is keeping weight on.  Poor me, I know.  

I'm of the mind to ditch the scale and just come up with a program that you'll stick with and enjoy.  If you keep at it the weight will come off.  Weight goals are good to have but I think too often that leads to yo-yoing and the tendency to quit exercising once it is achieved.  My belief is most of the battle in exercise is mental.  It's viewed as this (negative) thing you must do to counter the positive (eating).  Which is why I feel it's important to do stuff that is fun.  Even if it isn't the most strenuous of exercise.  Just do things you'll be likely to keep doing.  And start slow.  Don't kill yourself day one.  Look at it as a long term process.  Along with this I also recommend picking a regular time where that becomes the exercise time.  Make it a habit.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:03 am

I changed my diet about 5 years ago to trim off some weight (around that time i was close to 250 lbs.) and was able to get that down to 227 by 2011. I then got more serious about it and added in exercise as well and was able to drop another 50 lbs. to get to 177. I've since gained back 10 lbs. but have been able to maintain that now for 3 years running. I do 45 minutes daily on an elliptical and don't really diet anymore but do try to eat more sensibly.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:18 am

On my work days, I drink only water and eat cheese, crackers, and either kippers or summer sausage.
Before work it's fruit and/or yogurt.  After work it's (raw  only)green onions, carrots, broccoli  and one beer,  I work 12 hour days and it seems to work for me.    We usually work 6 days a week and on Sundays, I grill me a big giant steak and drink V8 or V8splash and blast some metal (mostly) while kicking back under the canopy of my trailer. Also on Sundays, I hike around the mine (gravel pit) and do some rock hound stuff.  I often will drink a beer while doing this, and nibble on some trail mix. I do push ups, pull ups, and dips every other day. In between I do dumbell work outs

I maintain a 185/190 lb weight from mid April to after Thanksgiving. Then go up to 200 in the winter due to eating lots of Elk and Deer and just lounge around.  Not much to do in below freezing (or near)
My exercise in the winter is weight training in the shop and jump on the kit for at least an hour or more a day.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:41 am

Sardines are great and delicious; I try and eat a can every other day for lunch.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:03 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Sardines are great and delicious; I try and eat a can every other day for lunch.

Gross  sick 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:52 pm

I used to do lots of weight-lifting and cardio stuff, but once I hit the "Holy Trinity of Excuses" (torn rotary cuff, then marriage, then children) I stopped. Just in the last year or so, I got back to light exercise, mostly bike riding with the kids and just watching what I eat. Lost some weight, now just maintaining what I've got.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Just did 2 laps around my office campus - 2.28 miles in 33 minutes. Lately I'm averaging about fifteen minutes per mile.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just did 2 laps around my office campus - 2.28 miles in 33 minutes. Lately I'm averaging about fifteen minutes per mile.

I can visualize the facility security questioning some guy stompin round the campus while scopin out a Zap Comic and titlting back a PBR.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:01 pm

James B. wrote:

I can visualize the facility security questioning some guy stompin round the campus while scopin out a Zap Comic and titlting back a PBR.

Laughing very hard In the beginning I did get some odd looks from the guys that work on the loading docks around back as I went chugging on by, huffin' and puffin away... now they wave at me...probably thinkin' "Hey, there's that crazy Gringo again"

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 4:47 pm

I'm with Jstate - I'm a borderline or maybe even total junkie. I always have to be training for some goal. I try to eat sensibly 80-90% of the time. I'm only 5'8" and I recently turned 40 so I've shifted to a more cardio-based training while lifting every 1/3 day. I have no reason to be over 170 at my height and age, and actually I'm trying to get down around 160-165 eventually and just live at that weight.

I am totally blessed also that fitness is part of my job title. I work at our department's Fitness Station. We are all Certified Personal Trainers and our station has great equipment. That makes a huge difference in my life.

I may not live to be 80,90,100+ because of healthy lifestyle, but I can almost guarantee not getting there without a healthy lifestyle. And, the ride along the way will be more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:21 pm

I was a total gym rat about 20 years ago.  Ran 5 miles per day, lifted EVERY day and therein lies the problem.  I never took any time off and ended up needing surgery on my right elbow.  Also ruined my knees.  But I was in great shape back in those days.  In fact, at the time, I was writing pro bono press releases for local bands in the Connecticut area and as a result got invited to a lot of parties.  At one such event, this woman who ran a club offered me a job as a male stripper for her Girls Night Out events every Tuesday.  Man are those days LONG gone!

Now that I'm older, wiser, more arthritic and fatter, I don't care as much.  I work chest on Saturdays, shoulders and arms on Sundays and either hit the elliptical for 30 minutes or walk my 3 mile course around the subdivisions 5 or 6 days per week. 

And when I get done I drink whatever beer I feel like having.   \'arry \'eadbanger

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
At one such event, this woman who ran a club offered me a job as a male stripper for her Girls Night Out events every Tuesday.  Man are those days LONG gone!

we are glad those days are over too Toho  Razz 

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:13 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
At one such event, this woman who ran a club offered me a job as a male stripper for her Girls Night Out events every Tuesday.  Man are those days LONG gone!

we are glad those days are over too Toho  Razz 

Seriously, I almost dropped my drink.  My girlfriend at the time overheard the conversation and we were outta there in a heartbeat. 

The funniest thing about it is that there was no way in hell I could have done that; it's so NOT my personality.  It was extremely flattering though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Well the strip club's loss has been our gain !  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise and dieting   Exercise and dieting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exercise and dieting
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next