Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks

Go down 
+10
glassprison
jstate
Boris2008
manny
ZombieHavoc
Orion Crystal Ice
TheGreatDuck
Required Fields
Witchfinder
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks   Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 9:09 am

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Unfortunately, it's a too shitty recording to warrant more than one listen.

Anyway, even if it wasn't written by BJ, it still has their sound. Always thought it was somewhat close to Livin' on a Prayer.

Agreed about the one listen thing--that's the bad thing about these old demos.

And about the Livin' on A Prayer similarity, you aren't far off--it looks like Desmond Child co-wrote that and 3 other tunes on Slippery and something like 4 off New Jersey, according to Wikipedia.

Kinda weird about House of Fire, though--I checked the Wikipedia page for that too, and it lists Desmond Child, Alice Cooper and Joan Jett as the writers for the song. Weird. I'd love to hear Joan do a version of the song.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks   Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 9:13 am

I can totally hear her singing it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks   Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm not sure that this is really in the spirit of the thread, but it counts.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks   Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:47 am

Quote :
I stumbled across a Guns N Roses demo for Crash Diet last night and I knew I had heard it before, but not by them. Sure enough, it turns out that Wildside covered it and so did Asphalt Ballet. Wtf?!!!

I've had that demo for years on a bootleg cd that I bought at a flea market. If memory serves, 'Crash Diet' was written by band friend and frequent GnR collaborator West Arkeen. My guess is that when GnR passed on it, he gave it to any other hair band on the Sunset Strip that wanted it.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks   Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 6:22 pm

LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks   Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:54 am

The fun as hell Studfaust covering Blackie's pre W.A.S.P band Circus Circus and their great tune 1980's Ladies

and the original

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks   Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 12:42 pm

A new one. Vega just covered "10 x Bigger Than Love," an old Def Leppard b-side.

Joe Elliot is on the Vega version, too, if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks   Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 4:04 pm

This kinda thing happens all the time...

PostSubject: Re: Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks   Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands Recording Other Bands Unreleased Demo Tracks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2