Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unreleased Savatage album?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Unreleased Savatage album? Empty
PostSubject: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 9:44 am

What is this album? Was it abandoned or shelved? It sounds like something from the mid-80’s. Maybe it was intended as the follow up to Power of the Night.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 11:18 am

Those are the bonus tracks from the Silver Editions of Sirens & Dungeons Are Calling. Larry Elbows was on the Streets - Narrated Version. Jon re-did Before I Hang with JOP.

So it's a "fake album", but really cool songs though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 11:21 am

I've seen another YouTube video called "The Lost Savatage Album" which has pretty much all the same songs on it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 12:45 pm

Lari wrote:
Those are the bonus tracks from the Silver Editions of Sirens & Dungeons Are Calling. Larry Elbows was on the Streets - Narrated Version. Jon re-did Before I Hang with JOP.

I have those silver editions. Great material.

Worth owning headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 12:59 pm

The estate of Jimi Hendrix seemed to have a few of those type of collections 20+ years after he died. Lots of material left behind.

Too bad there isn’t a lost Ozzy album worth of material with Randy Rhoads.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 1:33 pm

This got posted because this bootleg album was put out on vinyl recently by Heavy Metal Heroes. They do bootlegs and I believe they are located in Belgium.

https://www.discogs.com/Savatage-Monsters-Of-The-Universe/master/1942683

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 2:01 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

I have those silver editions. Great material.

Worth owning headbanger headbanger.
Yeah, we needed those lost tracks. And they are very good quality, even if they were not used in the albums. Jon later used many parts for his JOP songs though.

And I like those JOP albums for the booklets where Jon explains how those songs were put together, using which parts.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 2:40 pm

I have the entire JOP discography on cd. Need to revisit it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 1:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've seen another YouTube video called "The Lost Savatage Album" which has pretty much all the same songs on it.

This?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 10:48 am

^^ I think that's it, yeah. Dunno if it has a real-world bootleg physical release or not like the "Monsters" one, or if it's just some fanboy's home made compilation video, though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 1:02 pm

The real "Lost Savatage Tracks" is the entire Savatage family output post Poets and Madmen. I talk to Savatage fans and too often they are surprised to hear there's been more "Savatage/Oliva" albums after Poets and Madmen than before it.

All the JoP, the Circle II Circle, Caffery solo etc etc. OLIVA - Raise the Curtain is one. There is just so much material a lot of the fanbase is oblivious to, just because it doesn't have the Savatage logo stamped on it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 7:31 am

Here's another one:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unreleased Savatage album?   Unreleased Savatage album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unreleased Savatage album?
Page 1 of 1