Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+32
AmongTheRest
chewie
springozzy
akeldama
Lari
metalinmyveins
mikeinfla
Svengo
Gryphon-kl
Sutekh
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Boris2008
sovdat
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
Required Fields
jstate
nevermore
glassprison
exact33
manny
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
Leatherface
corplhicks
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 11:46 pm

"The Valley of Gwangi" (1969) ... Rodeo cowboys discover a "lost" valley full of dinosaurs in turn of the century Mexico. When they capture one and put it on display aka "King Kong," predictable monster mayhem ensues. This Western/sci-fi mash up is mostly kid stuff but the stop motion creature animation by the great Ray Harryhausen (in his final film work) is always fun to watch.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:50 am

Hell Ride 2008
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Valley of Gwangi" (1969) ... Rodeo cowboys discover a "lost" valley full of dinosaurs in turn of the century Mexico. When they capture one and put it on display aka "King Kong," predictable monster mayhem ensues. This Western/sci-fi mash up is mostly kid stuff  but the stop motion creature animation by the great Ray Harryhausen (in his final film work) is always fun to watch.

Didn't Harryhausen work into at least the 70s (I'm thinking the Sinbad movies)? I think he may have done the original Clash Of The Titans also.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:54 am

Quote :
Didn't Harryhausen work into at least the 70s (I'm thinking the Sinbad movies)? I think he may have done the original Clash Of The Titans also.

You're right, I mis-read the film's Wikipedia entry. It sez "Gwangi" was the "last dinosaur-themed film to be animated by him," not "last film," period. Embarrassed (blushing).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Valley of Gwangi" (1969) ... Rodeo cowboys discover a "lost" valley full of dinosaurs in turn of the century Mexico. When they capture one and put it on display aka "King Kong," predictable monster mayhem ensues. This Western/sci-fi mash up is mostly kid stuff  but the stop motion creature animation by the great Ray Harryhausen (in his final film work) is always fun to watch.

That one takss a while to get going but once they actually get to Gwangi's valley it's pretty fun.  I think the opening part could be about 20-30 minutes shorter.

And...it's educational.  Watch it and you learn what an Eohippus is/was.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Jacob's Ladder
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Currently watching the BCS Championship Game

I have no love for Auburn but I absolutely HATE that stupid "Indian" chant that Florida State (and Atlanta Braves and Kansas City Chief) fans do so I'm all for Auburn in this one. 

I loved hearing that inane chant before Auburn just punched it in for a TD to take the lead.  Now shut up with the damn chant and play football!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 pm

And another one.

Chant on that.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 pm

"The Big Doll House" (1971) - semi classic "chicks in chains" flick set in a hellish women's prison in an unnamed third world country. Five hottie inmates spend half of the movie being victimized by their butchie cellmate (Pam Grier!) or tortured by the twisted lesbian warden, till they finally mount an all guns blazing escape. Lotsa sleaze, violence and T&A, and no redeeming social value whatsoever equals awesomeness.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Big Doll House" (1971) - semi classic "chicks in chains" flick set in a hellish women's prison in an unnamed third world country. Five hottie inmates spend half of the movie being victimized by their butchie cellmate (Pam Grier!) or tortured by the twisted lesbian warden, till they finally mount an all guns blazing escape. Lotsa sleaze, violence and T&A, and no redeeming social value whatsoever equals awesomeness.

How does it compare to "Ilsa:She Wolf Of The SS"?

That thing has to be the most revolting exploitation flick I've ever enjoyed.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Sadly, I have never seen "Ilsa" so I can't compare.
This flick was prominently featured in the documentary "Machete Maidens Unleashed" that I watched last week so even tho women in prison flicks aren't my usual fare, I figured it was worth a try. It was a total hoot!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This flick was prominently featured in the documentary "Machete Maidens Unleashed" that I watched last week so even tho women in prison flicks aren't my usual fare, I figured it was worth a try. It was a total hoot!!

Well, now you have a new one to hunt down.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Sound City
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:37 pm

Pam Grier  humble 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Ilsa is pretty despicable. The only other movie I've ever seen that tops it is I Spit On Your Grave.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:51 am

The Wolf of Wall Street last night - Goodfellas 2.0, Scorsese at his finest! Also a fair representation of Slovenia Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:29 am

Kick Ass 2

I'm always hesitant with sequels of films that I really like. This one was okay, it wasn't The Empire Strikes Back, but it wasn't Blues Brothers 2000 either. I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:20 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I almost bought an "Ilsa" DVD a couple of years ago at an air show (of all places)... there was a vendor there selling all kinds of aviation and war/military related DVDs. I hemmed and hawed for a few minutes but finally decided not to pull the trigger on it cuz the package looked straight up bootleg (the cover/art looked like they'd been done on a home printer) and I was afraid I'd get it home and find out I'd paid $25 for a DVD-R.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:31 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

How does it compare to "Ilsa:She Wolf Of The SS"?

That thing has to be the most revolting exploitation flick I've ever enjoyed.

Lord, I haven't seen Ilsa in so long that I can't even remember anything about it. We rented it back in our high school days.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:42 am

There were at least three "Ilsa" movies if memory serves....

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:15 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilsa,_She_Wolf_of_the_SS

You are correct, sir ! I'm sure I saw only the nazi one. Those others do not sound familiar at al.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:16 am

Yeah I've only ever seen the Nazi one too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Bad Ink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 pm

"Dead Heat" (1988) Strange mix of buddy cop action comedy and horror flick with Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo as a pair of LA cops investigating a series of robberies, who discover that the bad guys are zombies, created by a crooked corporation that has figured out how to re-animate the dead. Bullets and tasteless one liners fly in this extremely violent, surprisingly gory flick that might as well be called "Beverly Hills Zombie."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Dead Heat" (1988) Strange mix of buddy cop action comedy and horror flick with Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo as a pair of LA cops investigating a series of robberies, who discover that the bad guys are zombies, created by a crooked corporation that has figured out how to re-animate the dead. Bullets and tasteless one liners fly in this extremely violent, surprisingly gory flick that might as well be called "Beverly Hills Zombie."

A notorious flop at the time, I'm sure I saw it on HBO but it has long ago been ejected from my mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next