Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+32
AmongTheRest
chewie
springozzy
akeldama
Lari
metalinmyveins
mikeinfla
Svengo
Gryphon-kl
Sutekh
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Boris2008
sovdat
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
Required Fields
jstate
nevermore
glassprison
exact33
manny
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
Leatherface
corplhicks
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 4:36 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 am

Gravity

Was a bit worried this might be one that was over-hyped but it delivered. Was surprised it was as emotional as it was with the whole daughter/driving story. Seeing it on the small screen practically gave me motion sickness, I can't even image 3-D Imax.

Inside Llewyn Davis

I really wanted to like this but just didn't. Every bit character that came through I wanted the movie to follow them instead of the lead. I did love the Kennedy song though.

All Is Lost

The makers of this should have watched Gravity first. I think this might be the first movie I've ever seen where no back story is given. I just got bored quickly.

Nebraska

My favorite movie of last year hands down.

Sharkey's Machine

Always makes me think of those old clam shell video boxes they had for rentals. The movie held up for the most part. First hour is still great setting up the premise but it gets real clunky by the end. Usually these movies from that time are the opposite.

Maniac Cop 2

Damn do I ever love this movie. Only draw-back was on the blu-ray they digitally added flames to the prison fights. The original footage actually seemed much more impressive with less fire.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:58 am

"Marooned" (1969) - three US astronauts become stranded in Earth orbit when their re-entry engine fails, requiring NASA to mount a risky rescue mission before their oxygen runs out.

A tight scifi thriller that eerily mirrors the real life Apollo 13 accident, which occurred a year later.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:35 am

Watched the Saints squeak a victory out against the Eagles. Then watched King Kong Escapes.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 11:46 am

Both the teams that won yesterday were manhandled by the Rams.  That's why I was rooting against Indy and New Orleans.  So of course they both won.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 am

nevermore wrote:
Then watched King Kong Escapes.

\'arry \'eadbanger 

Watched that too ! It was funny hearing the villain speaking with Burgermeister Meisterburger's voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:06 pm

I attempted to watch Starcrash last night, I figured Fat Freddy would be proud of me. I made it about 40 minutes and then when I was tempted to smash my guitar through the television decided I should turn it off. Caroline Munro looks amazing and I definitely enjoyed that much (though her "acting" made her considerably less attractive during dialogue sequences). I think Marjoe Gortner was so wasted during production of this film he didn't even know where he was, his reaction shots are incredible, his expression looks like a lost dog in a Wal-Mart parking lot. There isn't enough weed in the world to make this film watchable.  Laughing very hard 

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Carolinemunro-starcrash-04.06.12
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:11 pm

^^ Bwahahaha!! I salute you for trying, boss. But Starcrash is best left to the professionals who have built up years of immunity to severe B movie pain.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:19 pm

PS: the reason Caroline Munro's "acting" may not have seemed up to par, is because her naturally British accented voice was dubbed over by an American actress during post production. The "looping" was recorded in Hollywood and they couldn't afford to fly her over from England to record her own overdubs. There's your useless trivia for today.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Ah, Starcrash. I didn't find it as bad as many others I've seen. Boring? Yes, as hell. Had to watch it in parts.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Starcrash is a sentimental favorite of mine because it intro'd me to the wonderful world of low budget Italian exploitation flicks when I was a wee lad. I was about 13 when I first saw it on TV. How could any red blooded adolescent boy not love Caroline "Stella Starr" Munro? She's like Han Solo's totally hot sister. :-)

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Watching the Chargers and Bengals; I wish both of these teams could lose.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Bengals tragic offence, i hold finger to Bengals but... Chargers deserve to go on.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Quote :
Bengals tragic offence,

Yeah, they definitely didn't look like a playoff caliber team today.

I'm expecting to be in the same position in this Green Bay/San Fransisco game. I like the Packers more, but fully expect a blowout by the 49ers.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Flight
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:08 pm

glassprison wrote:
Watching the Chargers and Bengals; I wish both of these teams could lose.

Typical Bungles....one and done !  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Olympus Has Fallen.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:21 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
Bengals tragic offence,

I'm expecting to be in the same position in this Green Bay/San Fransisco game. I like the Packers more, but fully expect a blowout by the 49ers.

Close game......

Interesting that GB is dressed warmer than SF... Including the coaches - GB's coach looks likes the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man in that coat, while SF's looks like he's dressed for a December game in SF...... and SF is once again up... does the colder coach's team win? Last time I remember seeing that was the GB NFC Championship game against the NFC New Jersey team...... Gints looked cold, GB coach = Stay-Puft and they lost.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Anybody's game now - SF coach put on the stay-puft jacket.....
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:56 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
glassprison wrote:
Quote :
Bengals tragic offence,

Close game......

Interesting that GB is dressed warmer than SF... Including the coaches - GB's coach looks likes the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man in that coat, while SF's looks like he's dressed for a December game in SF...... and SF is once again up... does the colder coach's team win? Last time I remember seeing that was the GB NFC Championship game against the NFC New Jersey team...... Gints looked cold, GB coach = Stay-Puft and they lost.....

I was divided in this game. I don't like Harbaugh and want to see him lose. On the other hand, I always find it funny to see "Titletown" lose. And on home turf no less.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Man, all the teams I wanted to lose won this weekend.  Well, except for SD vs Cinn where I didn't really care.  I was rooting against Indy and New Orleans because my 7-9 Rams manhandled both teams this year so I didn't feel they were "worthy".  And of course, San Fran is a division rival so of course I was rooting against them too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:50 pm

007 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Then watched King Kong Escapes.

\'arry \'eadbanger 

Watched that too ! It was funny hearing the villain speaking with Burgermeister Meisterburger's voice.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Stargate SG1 - Season 2

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 pm

exact33 wrote:
Stargate SG1 - Season 2

Season 2?  I thought you were ahead of me in watching these.    I'm up to Season 6.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:19 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Spring-Breakers-Poster-034
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next