Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beer!

Go down 
+35
Aaron_D
akeldama
ShadowAngel
DakotaRogers
Stone Cold
Glower
Addy
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
DeathCult
chewie
Runicen
MetallicSeminarian
ze_mau
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Lari
James B.
glassprison
Olafsto
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
GrandNational
nevermore
Hamer12
bassman
corplhicks
exact33
DallasBlack
Boris2008
kmorg
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
going to a pumpkin beer tasting tonight!
So how was it?  Any interesting discoveries?
yeah - stay as far away from the Shipyard Pumpkinhead as possible. sick 

I did like the Smuttynose and the Buffalo Bill.
I had the Buffalo Bill last year and I thought it was awful.  A decent one I've found this year is Horny Goat Pumpkin Ale.  It's not great but it's one of the better ones I've tried this year.  
So I've been drinking the Buffalo Bill's and I have to agree, it's got the strangest lemon strain mixed with a watery mouthfeel. Also there's not much of a pumpkin/spice hoppiness about it. It's drinkable, but weak. On the other hand, I've been enjoying New Belgium's--I know, it seems to be the only beer I buy anymore--Pumpkickin'. Pumpkin and spice, everything nice mmm.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:39 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I had the Buffalo Bill last year and I thought it was awful.  A decent one I've found this year is Horny Goat Pumpkin Ale.  It's not great but it's one of the better ones I've tried this year.  
So I've been drinking the Buffalo Bill's and I have to agree, it's got the strangest lemon strain mixed with a watery mouthfeel. Also there's not much of a pumpkin/spice hoppiness about it. It's drinkable, but weak. On the other hand, I've been enjoying New Belgium's--I know, it seems to be the only beer I buy anymore--Pumpkickin'. Pumpkin and spice, everything nice mmm.
you and i seem to be only one's who like Pumpkickin'.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I suppose it's the tartness that throws people off. I think it accompanies the toasted malt perfectly. And the pumpkin comes through juuuuuust right. cheers
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:00 pm

corplhicks wrote:
exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I suppose it's the tartness that throws people off. I think it accompanies the toasted malt perfectly. And the pumpkin comes through juuuuuust right. cheers
I agree! This Fin City pumpkin is also quite tasty.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39504

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Just out of curiosity, what do you beer drinkers spens over a 2 month period on beer ? The reason why I'm asking is that I have a beermeister and buy half barrels of beer about every 2 months and spend now $93.00 on it (and that's the cheap stuff). I just wonder if it's still cost effective to but it that way.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:10 pm

It all depends on your tastes in beer.

I spend a small fortune because I refuse to drink the mass marketed stuff we have here in the US. I typically will spend between $7-$12 for a 22 oz bottle of beer I like. Most Schafly and O'Fallon 6 packs weigh in at around 8.99. So I don't even want to calculate how much I spend on beer each month; let's just say TOO MUCH... Wink 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
It all depends on your tastes in beer.

I spend a small fortune because I refuse to drink the mass marketed stuff we have here in the US.  I typically will spend between $7-$12 for a 22 oz bottle of beer I like.  Most Schafly and O'Fallon 6 packs weigh in at around 8.99.  So I don't even want to calculate how much I spend on beer each month; let's just say TOO MUCH...  Wink 

lol!   That's just it. That's exactly why I get the cheaper stuff (natural Light almost exclusively) but even it's getting up there in price now. When I got my beermesiter it cost around $60 for a half and the more expensive was about what I'm paying now. I can imagine what the top shelf costs now.

Last edited by 007 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 12:25 pm

i spent $40 the last time but the beer lasts me 2-3 months. I don't drink all that much...

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm off and on with beer. Some months, especially during the winter season, I'll splurge on crates of variety packs, other months I'll buy Pabst to save money or just none at all. During the Xmas weeks, though, I'm loaded.

On a side note, I cleaned out my garage last week and dusted off my old Homebrewing books. Thinking I'm gonna get into it this time, maybe have some ready for 12/25.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:27 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I'm off and on with beer. Some months, especially during the winter season, I'll splurge on crates of variety packs, other months I'll buy Pabst to save money or just none at all. During the Xmas weeks, though, I'm loaded.

my favorite time of year is the pumpkin ales and the christmas ales.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Had a six of Saranac Pale Ale over the weekend... one of my faves.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:21 pm

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Yup. All the cinnamon and nutmeg and brown sugar hints by a fire and an old Xmas movie is just brilliant.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:48 pm

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Yeah, next up is Schlafly's Christmas Ale!  And their Culinaria collaboration Old Ale.  Last year I went on a scavenger hunt looking for that second one; it's only carried at one of the major grocery store chains here so I drove around and hit a bunch of 'em looking for it.  Ended up with 7 cases (I sold two to my friend at work).  I still have 4 or 5 22oz bottles left.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Has anyone in the U.S. found Iron Maiden's "Trooper" ale in their neck o'the woods yet? I haven't but I'm still on the hunt.
FINALLY found a bottle of Trooper in the local 'cool' beer store tonight!! They only had one left so I grabbed it. It's chillin' in the fridge right now... and of course once it's been consumed, the bottle will go on the shelf with the rest of my cool rock n roll related junk. headbanger 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Has anyone in the U.S. found Iron Maiden's "Trooper" ale in their neck o'the woods yet? I haven't but I'm still on the hunt.
FINALLY found a bottle of Trooper in the local 'cool' beer store tonight!! They only had one left so I grabbed it. It's chillin' in the fridge right now... and of course once it's been consumed, the bottle will go on the shelf with the rest of my cool rock n roll related junk. headbanger 
I look forward to your review...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I look forward to your review...
Short but sweet: It's a pretty damn tasty brew... Not as harsh or bitter as some other British ales I've tried in the past. I enjoyed it and would gladly pick it up again.

...and the empty bottle has now taken its rightful place on my rock 'n' roll collectible shelf next to my KISS Pez dispenser set, the Queensryche/Toddryche box, and various other cool junk. headbanger

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:53 pm

That's cool. I'd like to find some of that Trooper ale around here but haven't come across it yet...and probably won't,unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Brewed a Christmas Ale 2 weeks ago, will be ready by Thanksgiving. Last year Wasatch Pumpkin Ale was hard to find, not this year it's everywhere!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Went to my beer store today and they were having a "close out sale" on 12 packs of Shipyard Summer Ale. Never tried it but I've heard good things about it so I gave it a whirl... pretty damn fine stuff.

Cool looking can, too:
Beer! - Page 3 Shipyard-Summer-Ale-Cans

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:58 pm

That crab is really enjoying the fine life. Wonder what they named him.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 pm

My brother picked me up a couple of Maiden's Trooper beers. Drinking it now and not as bitter as I thought it may be.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:15 pm

finished the Fin City Pumpkin ale. Pretty good stuff.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Anyone go to your local Oktoberfest this year? I don't even remember what I drank, it did nothing to me until I got home and put my head on the pillow. Major poundage. One of those creeper beers that gets to you when you settle down an hour after you drink it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Opening up my last Schlaflys Pumpkin ale.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:53 pm

exact33 wrote:
Opening up my last Schlaflys Pumpkin ale.
I picked up a 6pk of that last night because my fellow beer snob buddy at work was raving about it and I swear it's not the same recipe they had back in September.  This batch is really good!

Beer! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beer!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next