Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin

Go down 
+36
glassprison
tohostudios
Required Fields
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
manny
akeldama
MetalH
TheGooch
Mattallica667
metalinmyveins
QuothTheRaven
ramreb
James B.
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
rattpoison
White_Mage
DeathCult
TrogDawn
KissinMaiden
Neuropete
Metal Misfit
journeyman
candlemass
Troublezone
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Rex
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:12 pm

I've got the same boxset. Except I paid full retail for it. angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:13 pm

As I understand it, Zep was a pretty good band. Very Happy

All of their albums are great (except for, maybe, The Song Remains The Same), but if I had to choose one that I'd take anywhere, it'd be IV. Having my personal favorite song, "Stairway To Heaven", on it doesn't hurt at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:12 am

Led Zeppelin, enough said. my favourite band of all time, favourite albums probaly gotta be all of em, every album had at least one masterpiece song on it, I would really love to get my hands on a Physical Graffitti album, I can never find it and that album is killer! Zeppelin are GODS!

and ya jimmy page does like like he is turning japanse, (hmmm sounds like a song by the Vapours )
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:46 pm

I love 'em. Always have, always will. Favorite albums are "Houses of the Holy" and Zep 3.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:30 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I love 'em. Always have, always will. Favorite albums are "Houses of the Holy" and Zep 3.

LOVE Zep III! The acoustic vibe probably turned a lot of fans off at the time, but it still brought a lot of heavy material to the table. Every song's a keeper, IMO.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:01 pm

My favorite drum prank involves Zeppelin... I'll ask a drummer this and wait, "how old were you when you learned how to play "Going To California" ?
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:13 am

In my teenage years they were my fav band, had their whole catalogue. 111was my fav. Later I purged them.
20yrs pass by and I re discovere them and find I like and love there accousic and blues stuff then Raising Sand with Allison Krauss comes along, what more can I say!...........Awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:10 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

LOVE Zep III! The acoustic vibe probably turned a lot of fans off at the time, but it still brought a lot of heavy material to the table. Every song's a keeper, IMO.

Zepp III is definitely a highly underrated album. You're right when you say it had its share of heavy material. When done right, acoustic songs create a chilling mood that can surpass distortion and shred solos, not that Zepp ever was much for the shred.

Zepp were one of my founding bands when I got into old-school rock, and this was my second album of theirs I bought. "Since I've Been Lovin' You" blew my mind; I'd never heard anything like it before.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:13 pm

Love Zeppelin! I have a hard time choosing a favorite album, but I have no problem choosing a favorite song. KASHMIR! 🤘 Man, I love that riff! That's one of those "turn it up and don't turn it off" tunes for me when I hear it come on the radio!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:06 pm

I would have to go with "Houses of the Holy" as my favorite, but depending on the day, the albums are practically interchangeable. "The Rain Song" is probably my favorite Zep song. I can't tell you exactly what my emotions are like when I hear that song, but that song takes me to a place like few can. I'm sure everyone has that song which delivers like no other, and provides them a "Rock 'N Roll epiphany".
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:58 pm

Here are my favorites in order:
1. Untitled (Zoso, Four Symbols, IV)
2. Physical Graffiti
3. Led Zeppelin II
4. Led Zeppelin S/T
5. Houses of the Holy
6. Led Zeppelin III
7. The Song Remains the Same
8. In Through the Out Door
9. Presence

Truly, their 4th album is their best because every track became an instant rock classic. Physical Graffiti is great because it it a very technical album. And Led Zeppelin II is great because it's just simply a fun listening experience.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:24 am

I've got the Led Zeppelin DVD. It's really cool to see such a great band at the height of their careers play like nobody's business.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:00 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I've never been a big fan no matter how much I try.

I'm kinda in the same boat. The only albums I own are IV and the Remasters box (which I was able to pick up really cheap brand new) and I have zero interest in trying the rest. They have some great songs, no doubt about it, but I'm just kinda numb to them, possibly because the rock station where I last lived played them constantly.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:03 pm

No quarter is one of the greatest pieces of music ever written in MOHO
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:49 am

I really only like II and maybe IV the whole way through. Both are great albums. They have some really good songs on their other releases but there are some that just don't cut it with me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:31 pm

I've been liking my Zeppelin/Mothership album i got at Wal-Mart the other day. Two
discs remastered with all the best songs on both. Not to mention a great price too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:43 pm

I like Houses of the Holy. Anyone know what's up with Jimmy's chin?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:54 am

troublezone wrote:
I've been liking my Zeppelin/Mothership album i got at Wal-Mart the other day. Two
discs remastered with all the best songs on both. Not to mention a great price too.

its a nice collection actually pretty spot on with the song selection
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:16 am

Yeah, but it leaves off the best song they ever did!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Houses of The Holy is my favorite, but I can't think of a bad song or album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:16 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
"In My Time of Dying" is my fav Zeppelin song.

Mine too!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm going in through the out door tonight! crazy happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:38 am

candlemass wrote:

Be sure to wash it after that one. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:07 pm

DeathCult wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Be sure to wash it after that one. Smile

Laughing very hard sick
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:23 am

MetalH wrote:
I can't think of a bad song or album.

Presence and In Through the Out Door had some fillers. Presence was rushed, and ITOD was mostly writtin by Jones because Plant lost his son, Page was on heroin, and Bonzo was drunk the whole time.

To their credit, those albums are still better than most of the stuff being released by today's artists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next