Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin

Go down 
+36
glassprison
tohostudios
Required Fields
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
manny
akeldama
MetalH
TheGooch
Mattallica667
metalinmyveins
QuothTheRaven
ramreb
James B.
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
rattpoison
White_Mage
DeathCult
TrogDawn
KissinMaiden
Neuropete
Metal Misfit
journeyman
candlemass
Troublezone
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Rex
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 4:46 pm

What do you all think of this reunion? I personally think it'll be good, but not Zeppelin good. Just good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 4:50 pm

Dimedude23 wrote:
What do you all think of this reunion? I personally think it'll be good, but not Zeppelin good. Just good.

Agreed. Not Zeppelin good, more like Depeche Mode good. Smile
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 4:56 pm

It's as good as we are ever going to see. At least they are keeping it in the family with Jason. I think it's going to be awesome I want live discs and DVDs(obviously these are going to happen, they won't miss a chance to make as much cash off of this as possible and you know what? That is fine by me).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 5:46 pm

journeyman wrote:
Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Dsc00710

96 & 98 St. Marks Place in the East Village.
On the album the 4th floor was cut out to accommodate the album size.

That is a fantastic pic. humble
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:05 am

I am a huge Zeppelin fan. They are just absolutely fantastic. It is a shame that their career ended so abruptly. I think they still had a lot of great recording in them. As far as live recordings, I just heard that a new version of The Song Remains the Same is going to be released. The original version, which I own only on LP, was not really a great recording. It was a bit muddled and the performance itself does not seem too inspired. As far as their official live releases, the best one has to be "How the West Was Won". There is not much else, really.

P.S.--I agree... Physical Graffitti is phenomenal. Does it get any better than Trampled Under Foot?
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:58 pm

I & III probably followed by IV III and PG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:32 am

Listening to II for the first time in years today. It is very hard to pick a favorite album. But from beginning to end this is probably it for me.

Although I much more prefer their "deeper" music like In My Time of Dying, Achilles Last Stand, and No Quarter. Those are my 3 favorite Zeppelin songs.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:09 am

For a while in the early 90's I listened to Zep probably 2-3 hours a day. Couldn't get enough. They truly are our Overlords.

Funny that you mention it Spectre - I usually go for their "shallower" tunes. lol!

Immigrant Song is the one that got me into them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:33 am

Funny thing that you're listening to it, because Physical Grafitti is my fav Zeppelin album. There's so much diversity on that album. "In My Time of Dying" is my fav Zeppelin song.

It's strange: when I'm at my fav local cd store, I see more Grafitti-era bootlegs than any other era. WAY MORE. I have only 5 Zep boots, but 3 of them of from this era. There's this one called Trampled Underfoot (2 cd) that's absolutely phenominal. It's a soundboard recording that sounds cleaer than all of Zep's official live released. And, the set list is awesome, with several Grafitti songs. One of the other two is a triple-disc called Ultraviolence (my second boot I even bought), and the sound is horrible. It gave me a bad idea of bootlegs in the early going. It's a sham too, because the set list on that one, being three discs, is wicked.

Have you ever heard anything off of the Black Crowes/Jimmy Page Live At The Greek album? If not, I suggest you pick it up. It's 2 discs with 14 songs being Zeppelin (several obscure songs) and 6 being old-school blues classics. Apparently, they did Black Crowes tunes on the tour, but some stupid contract dealy prevented them from releasing the recordings. Great acoustics in the venue, as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:36 am

Dimedude23 wrote:

I actually don't want the reunion to happen. Zeppelin has a mythical legacy unlike any other band, and to resurrect them without one of the true members would tarnish that legacy. I say just leave it be. The music will live on forever; there's no need for them to tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:55 am

spectrefate wrote:
Listening to II for the first time in years today. It is very hard to pick a favorite album. But from beginning to end this is probably it for me.

OK, I lied. Listening to III now. This one is my favorite. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

OK, I lied. Listening to III now. This one is my favorite. Smile

Tangerine is one of my favourite songs ever, by any artist
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:21 pm

I love the ZEP - always have. Led Zeppelin - Page 2 309780

It's very hard to pick out a favorite album because they have all meant so much to me over the years for different reasons.

Led Zeppelin is a killer blues fest and one of the most solid debut albums by any band, ever. Fave Cuts: "Good Times, Bad Times", "Dazed and Confused", "Black Mountain Side", "You're Time is Gonna Come", "You Shook Me", "How Many More Times"

Led Zeppelin II was probably my first favorite. I couldn't get enough of "Whole Lotta Love" when I first heard it back in Jr. High. Fave Cuts: "What is and What Should Never Be", "Ramble On", "Bring it On Home", "Thank You"

Led Zeppelin III is very special to me as it was given to me by my uncle (R.I.P.). I immediately liked "Immigrant Song" (natch) - the rest of the album had to grow on me, but when it did it really stuck. The album is full of finely crafted acoustic songs intertwined amongst the harder rock. Fave Cuts: "Immigrant Song", "Friends", Celebration Day", "Since I've Been Loving You", "Out on the Tiles", "Gallow's Pole", "That's the Way", "Tangerine", "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp", "Hey Hey What Can I Do" (b-side of "Immigrant Song" single)

Led Zeppelin IV is their signature album with their most immediately recognizable hits, but I like it anyway because the deeper cuts offset the overplayed cuts very well. Fave Cuts: "The Battle of Evermore", "Going to California", "Four Sticks", "Misty Mountain Hop"

Houses of the Holy is a great album with some of my favorite tracks on it, namely: "The Rain Song" and "No Quarter", although my favorite versions of those two songs are on the next one. Fave Cuts: "The Song Remains the Same", "The Rain Song", "No Quarter", "Over the Hills and Far Away", "The Ocean"

The Song Remains the Same live soundtrack. This is a definite favorite as it was the soundtrack for not only Zep's movie, but for much of my teenage years as well. I have many good memories from my initial viewing of the movie, and I pratically have every note of every track committed to memory. Plus, this album/movie showcased some of the band's legendary improvisational work for the first time for those of us who were not able to experience them live. This album gets slagged a lot, but I absolutely love it and it is one of the few precious albums that just transports me back to something good everytime I listen to it. I prefer the first issue of it because that's how it exists in my memory, but the remastered/extended one is a great listen as well. Fave Cuts: "Dazed and Confused", "No Quarter", "The Rain Song", "Stairway to Heaven"

Physical Graffiti is probably their most dense album and definitely a fave as it's CHOCK FULL of great songs that haven't all been overplayed to death yet by classic rock radio. It's still a fresh listen after all these years and usually the one I pull out first when I need a fix. Fave Cuts: "In My Time of Dying", "In the Light", "Bron-Yr-Aur", "Trampled Underfoot", "Ten Years Gone", "Down By the Seaside", "Night Flight", "Black Country Woman", Boogie With Stu", "The Wanton Song", "Sick Again"

Presence is probably the album I am least familiar with, but at the same time it contains my all time favorite ZEP track, Achilles' Last Stand. I once saw a tribute band called PHYSICAL GRAFFITI in a bar back in 1989 (when it was still a novelty before the glut of those types of bands) and they were taking requests, so I figured I'd stump them by requesting Achilles' Last Stand thinking they'd never know that one. But they shocked me by playing it note for note! Very impressive. Fave Cuts: "Achilles' Last Stand", "Nobody's Fault But Mine"

In Through the Out Door is a solid album with some great songs that I think gets forgotten about. But I actually woke up this morning with "South Bound Saurez" in my head so I pulled this one out and gave it a spin. Great stuff. Fave Cuts: "In the Evening", "South Bound Saurez", "Fool in the Rain", "Hot Dog", "Carouselambra"

Coda is also a very solid collection of songs, even though they were leftovers from earlier sessions. It is also a great listen, just like the rest of their catalogue. Fave Cuts: "We're Gonna Groove", "Wearing and Tearing", "Poor Tom", "Ozone Baby", "Darlene", "Walter's Walk", "Bonzo's Montreux"

Led Zeppelin - Page 2 15musi.xlarge1

Last edited by TrogDawn on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Love Zeppelin, their my moms favorite band, so I heard ALOT of them growing up.

II is my personal favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:59 pm

II is probally my favorite album its one of the albums I've been listing to for years I know every song off by heart and its a soild platter of rocking tunes
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:21 am

I wish more bands directed towards hard rock would follow III's lead and have an album that as Johnny Thunders would say has "the hippy sh*t and the electric sh*t". Sort of 50/50 acoustic and electric.

But then it takes a rare talent to right a great stripped down acoustic song that particuarly isn't a ballad.

And what about "The Rover" off of PG, what a song. Can't help thinking old Aerosmith with that song.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:28 am

It's the nerd in me, but I like the LOTR references in IV. That adds to my enjoyment.

Man, what a band!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:27 am

Led Zeppelin is a great band. They came out that same preiod as Black Sabbath and Deep Purple. Black Sabbath is better than them in my book, but Led Zeppelin is still a great band. I have their whold collection. I wished they had put more heavy in their last albums. I wasn't into them as much.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:16 am

Achilles Last Stand is just freakin' awesome. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:17 am

xyz wrote:

My favorite song by Zep! 🤘
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:06 pm

rattpoison wrote:

And what about "The Rover" off of PG, what a song. Can't help thinking old Aerosmith with that song.

It's always reminded me of Black Sabbath but I hear some Aerosmith know that you mention it. noentheless terrific song easily one of my favorite Zeppelin tunes
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 am

The Elven Warrior wrote:
xyz wrote:

My favorite song by Zep! 🤘

It's right up there, for sure.

III is my favorite album, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:54 am

I seriously need to upgrade my Zep collection to cd. I used to have everything on cassette, then when I statrted buying cd's, I got my 2 favorite releases (IV and Coda) right away, but never anything else. I picked up the 4 cd box set that was put out a few years ago, but since I jettisoned all my tapes, I need to fill the gaps in my collection.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I seriously need to upgrade my Zep collection to cd.

This is the one to have:

Led Zeppelin - Page 2 28201

Led Zeppelin - Page 2 LZ%20Box%20Set%202

Led Zeppelin - Page 2 LZ%20Box%20Set%201

It is a SWEET box set that contains all 9 studio albums in book-style cases with all of the original artwork and an extra bio-book. I love it. Led Zeppelin - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Yeah, that box set is what I have.

Got it new for 65 bucks shipped on Amazon. Not a bad deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next