Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin

Go down 
+36
glassprison
tohostudios
Required Fields
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
manny
akeldama
MetalH
TheGooch
Mattallica667
metalinmyveins
QuothTheRaven
ramreb
James B.
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
rattpoison
White_Mage
DeathCult
TrogDawn
KissinMaiden
Neuropete
Metal Misfit
journeyman
candlemass
Troublezone
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Rex
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 10:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Freddy, you could just cheat:

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Studio-Recordings-Led-Zeppelin/dp/B000002IWP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522507105&sr=8-1&keywords=led+zeppelin+box&dpID=51jA%252BikXtUL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Haha, if I had no Zeppelin CDs at all that would probably be a nice one-stop pickup.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 10:37 pm

I was half way to Oakland Stadium in 1977 to see them with Derringer & Judas Priest with an older brother and we broke down on highway 99. My brother says, "don't trip little bro, we can go check out the show in LA in a couple of days" But the Robert Plant's kid passed away and the that was their last ever US show.

As far as the songs go....I have 78 rpm records form the 1920's that have lyrics and chord progressions that were "borrowed by Willie Dixon among others. You can trace most blues back to negro spirituals sung on the Plantations. It is easier to blame the rich, successful musicians than accept the fact that they were not the first to expand on what came before.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Quote :
I was half way to Oakland Stadium in 1977 to see them with Derringer & Judas Priest with an older brother and we broke down on highway 99. My brother says, "don't trip little bro, we can go check out the show in LA in a couple of days" But the Robert Plant's kid passed away and the that was their last ever US show.

Ouch! Timing is everything. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 6:53 pm

Priest in 77, that would've been great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 7:08 pm

candlemass wrote:
Priest in 77, that would've been great!

Yeah missing that sucks.

Reminds me of how many times I missed The Ramones.  Three.  Something always happened.  And now it's too late. Sad

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Quote :

Reminds me of how many times I missed The Ramones.  Three.  Something always happened.  And now it's too late. Sad

The Ramones were my first show in a small club.

I hear ya tho. I never got to see Ronnie James Dio in anything. I could seen him several times over the years either with Dio, Sabbath or Heaven & Hell and I was always like "Yeah, next time..." until there was no next time. Sad

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 9:42 pm

I actually had tickets the third time and that's the one that really hurts.

My girlfriend was "sick" (her favorite excuse for getting out of something she'd committed to then decided "nah" at the last minute).  I was so pissed off I didn't just go by myself because I was so angry.  I even kept the tickets.

Talk about regret...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

The Ramones were my first show in a small club.

I hear ya tho. I never got to see Ronnie James Dio in anything. I could seen him several times over the years either with Dio, Sabbath or Heaven & Hell and I was always like "Yeah, next time..." until there was no next time. Sad

I feel that way about the Ramones. For reasons that I no longer remember, I could have seen them for free (my roommate won tix from the radio) opening for White Zombie (or maybe just Rob by that point) and I skipped it. The closest I got was seeing Marky up close at a record show schlepping his spaghetti sauce. Talk about a downer. Led Zeppelin - Page 5 499945

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Happy 70th birthday to the Golden God!
Led Zeppelin - Page 5 11f11160c38e749806f18aac5d813944

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 7:09 pm

I know I'm late to the party, but I'll play the Celebration Day live DVD tonight.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 9:57 pm

Lari wrote:
I know I'm late to the party, but I'll play the Celebration Day live DVD tonight.
speaking of being surprised (see Judas Priest post lol) that was another album that I didn't see coming. I only bought it because I got it cheap, but after hearing it I was shocked the band sounded as good as it did. Robert plant might not be able to sing as high as he did back in the day, but he was still impressive. Not sure how much studio magic was involved, and from what I hear they used quite a bit even in their prime, but that concert cd/dvd was really good.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Listened to this song today.
Has touched of Zep That I found interesting.
“ All of my Love “ in the beginning.
Then Malmsteen like lead solo.
Thought it was very good !
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 6:35 pm

I just picked up the deluxe version of Zeppelin 1 with the live albums on vinyl.. Whoa! very cool!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2020 5:06 pm

Having a bit of a Led Zeppelin resurgence lately, since I recently acquired IV and the BBC Sessions double disc.

I need to finally get around to finishing off my Zep studio discography -- I just need to get Presence, Physical Graffiti, and the posthumous Coda comp.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin   Led Zeppelin - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5