Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Hated Movies!

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
Addy
Leatherface
manny
tohostudios
Required Fields
jettafiend
kmorg
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
corplhicks
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Quote :
That's the interesting thing about slasher movies. Here I beg and beg for more character in my movies, but when they try to do it with a serial killer, it backfires.
Pretty much everything about that movie sucked (aside from seeing that Erin "Buck Rogers" Grey had MILFed out quite nicely, and the final shot)  but I was more annoyed by the "body jumping" than anything else. I paid to see a movie called "Jason Goes to Hell," and for three quarters of the damn film Jason wasn't even really "Jason!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
That's the interesting thing about slasher movies. Here I beg and beg for more character in my movies, but when they try to do it with a serial killer, it backfires.
Pretty much everything about that movie sucked (aside from seeing that Erin "Buck Rogers" Grey had MILFed out quite nicely, and the final shot)  but I was more annoyed by the "body jumping" than anything else. I paid to see a movie called "Jason Goes to Hell," and for three quarters of the damn film Jason wasn't even really "Jason!"
Wasn't that the least goriest as well? Like the kills would get quasi-creative but then they'd cut away and nix the money shot? I get them all mixed up.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
The Goonies is vastly overrated.  
Jurassic Park 3 was okay until you realize they didn't have an ending so they just said screw it and rolled credits.  
Scream was fun when it was first released but too many sequels have tarnished it...and repeated viewings show it wasn't that great to begin with.  
Not a fan of either Lawrence or Sandler.  
I liked The Aviator, it was worth it just to see Kate Beckinsale play Ava Gardner.  
Titanic is about 50% successful but works best when the characters aren't saying anything.
Scarface is not a good film, undeniably popular, but really just an exploitation film with delusions of grandeur.  
I have no issues with Erin Brockovich, Steven Soderbergh is one of my favorite directors.  
I've never seen that version of Romeo & Juliet.
I shut the Aviator off about half-way thru the movie because I was falling asleep, even the dialog seemed trite.
I think you nailed Jurassic Park 3 on the head. I really enjoyed the other two and could not figure out what it was about 3 that made it so bad, but I think that is exactly it.
Scream was the first horror movie that I ever saw, seen a few others and I just don't like horror flicks at all.
You give Titanic far more credit than I do. I thought it was horrible, with no redeeming qualities. That being said, the National Geographic version of Titanic, (we will call it the original) is fantastic, but then I do love documentaries.
Ah, R&J, that is 90 minutes of your life that you will never get back.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Wasn't that the least goriest as well? Like the kills would get quasi-creative but then they'd cut away and nix the money shot? I get them all mixed up.

I haven't seen the movie in dog years so I couldn't tell ya for sure. I vaguely remember the VHS release being trumpeted as "uncut" and "unrated" so there was probably more "juice" in that version but I'd hated the theatrical cut so much that I wasn't in a big hurry to sit through it again.

A few years later I bought a cheap VHS copy for the sake of the keeping my complete F13 collection up to date...I watched it once, I still hated it, eventually it went bye-bye with the rest of my VHS tapes in the late 90s. I refuse to upgrade that movie to DVD. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:23 pm

kmorg wrote:
The Goonies is awesome.  You guys are dead to me!
Oregon- Home of the Goonie House and the place where The Postman was filmed...

You get a little sick of hearing it.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Addy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
I just don't care about movies enough hate them, let alone watch 99% of them. I own a few, like maybe 20, my kids have about that many also. I honestly had to look up the S.D.'s list because I didn't recognize any names on it. There are some that I like, and some that I don't.
S.D.'s list is basically comprised of the worst directors working today, Boll being the universal worst. In fact...

I think I smell a poll!
Then ya might wanna take a shower then thatll linger on ya for days..........

I dont care enough about movies to hate them or be angered by watching one for the first time.  Why not do a thread of MOST LOVED movies?
Definitely, although if left up to the corporal it will turn into another stinkin poll lol! 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:29 pm

jettafiend wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I lived near Astoria for a few months and got to see the outside of the house. Neat house but not near as neat as the E.T. house in SoCal.

You reminded me of yet another movie that should have made my list, though.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:29 pm

I love the smell of polls in the morning Razz .
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:37 pm

corplhicks wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I lived near Astoria for a few months and got to see the outside of the house. Neat house but not near as neat as the E.T. house in SoCal.

You reminded me of yet another movie that should have made my list, though.
Oh man, thats a great movie. But then I do enjoy that whole "post-apocalyptic" thing like Water World and the Mad Max series quite a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Neat house but not near as neat as the E.T. house in SoCal.
Is the house located in Sunland? I know that's where all the neighborhood sequences were filmed.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:15 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Neat house but not near as neat as the E.T. house in SoCal.
Is the house located in Sunland?  I know that's where all the neighborhood sequences were filmed.  
Yup, Tujunga-Sunland. Same house seen in the exterior shots. I've always wanted to take a drive through there. Big fan of vintage suburban tract home architecture, and that house was freaking gorgeous, along with the rolling hills.

I frequently check that house and the one from Wonder Years on Zillow, hoping one of them will go up for sale someday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 pm

I want the Ennis House (designed by Frank Lloyd Wright) which is situated in my favorite L.A. neighborhood (Los Feliz).

Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Ennis-house

The exterior was used in Buffy The Vampire Slayer as the mansion Angel lived in.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
I want the Ennis House (designed by Frank Lloyd Wright) which is situated in my favorite L.A. neighborhood (Los Feliz).  

Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Ennis-house

The exterior was used in Buffy The Vampire Slayer as the mansion Angel lived in.  
That's...wow. That's quite a house.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Hey what's the address?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 12:45 am

corplhicks wrote:
Hey what's the address?
2607 Glendower Ave., Los Angeles, California

There is a website for it:

http://ennishouse.com/

It has been used in countless films (both the exterior and interior), you might also recognize it from this screen cap....

Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 1212155736
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 am

I love "House on Haunted Hill!"

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 1:29 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Hey what's the address?
2607 Glendower Ave., Los Angeles, California

There is a website for it:

http://ennishouse.com/

It has been used in countless films (both the exterior and interior), you might also recognize it from this screen cap....

Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 1212155736

It does look vaguely familiar (I haven't seen HOHH since I was a kid), like I've seen it in various films.

Valued at 4.4M. Sold last year for 4.1. 6,000 sq ft. 0.86 acre lot.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 1:30 pm

This has inspired me to dial up some SoCal work and take a drive down there.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 pm

SoCal sounds like a diet drink!Razz 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
SoCal sounds like a diet drink!Razz 
Coming from a land where gangs are known as townies and snowbirds Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Don't get me started on American things that sound like gay guys!

Camp David!
Fiscal Cliff!!
Superstorm Sandy!!!

Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 499945 

I have lived in the U.K for 42 years and have NEVER heard gang members described as Snowbirds! Townie is a derogatory name used by students and country bumpkins (don't go to that pub, it's full of townie scum etc..) but calling a gang thug a snowbird sounds like recipe for getting really really stabbed!!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:17 pm

fiscal cliff Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 12:52 am

Boris2008 wrote:

Camp David!
Fiscal Cliff!!
Superstorm Sandy!!!

I have lived in the U.K for 42 years and have NEVER heard gang members described as Snowbirds! Townie is a derogatory name used by students and country bumpkins (don't go to that pub, it's full of townie scum etc..) but calling a gang thug a snowbird sounds like recipe for getting really really stabbed!!
I gotta admit Britain is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (TWO WEEKS LATER) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more sophisticated and intelligent than the states, as much as I love my country. And yes, our hurricanes are getting named the worst.

TIL about the proper context of townie. I had a buddy here that studied abroad and came back telling me about snowbirds and townies (he studied in York). I always thought it was just a Dashboard Confessional song.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:09 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Camp David!
Fiscal Cliff!!
Superstorm Sandy!!!

I gotta admit Britain is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (TWO WEEKS LATER) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more sophisticated and intelligent than the states, as much as I love my country. And yes, our hurricanes are getting named the worst.
For further proof of this just watch any episode of Top Gear U.K. which is pretty much the greatest telly show of all time. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 10:45 am

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Um..... no, that is a complete over generalization.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Hated Movies!   Most Hated Movies! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Hated Movies!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next