Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list

Go down 
+9
stepcousin
rattpoison
tohostudios
Schbopo
James B.
Addy
thejokeriv
kmorg
manny
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Empty
PostSubject: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:07 am

Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list W_axl_rosedotcom_00724

POSER!!!

I don't wish bad on anyone, but if W.A.R. happened to wake up one day with the inability to speak, I would be darn pleased, to be honest. Easily the single most over-rated human to EVER be recorded in any medium!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 am

Wow!!! He may not be a nice guy but it is hard to deny this guy's talent. I am fan of Guns n Roses and the more I listen to 'Chinese Democracy' the more I like the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:27 am

Talent? The zit on me bum has more talent!

Nice corn-rows, btw, Axl. You keep rockin' boy!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:36 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Talent? The zit on me bum has more talent!

Nice corn-rows, btw, Axl. You keep rockin' boy!

Come on, in an era of spoon fed, aqua fixated, ballad loving hair metal bands Guns n Roses blasted in like wave of fresh air, personally I am burn out on ' Appettie for Destruction' but the impact that album made was incredible, keep in mind this was several years before Nirvana's 'Nevermind'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:33 am

Quote :
Come on, in an era of spoon fed, aqua fixated,
ballad loving hair metal bands Guns n Roses blasted in like wave of
fresh air, personally I am burn out on ' Appettie for Destruction' but
the impact that album made was incredible

I tend to disagree that GNR were "fresh air", but for the sake of argument let's say they were. That doesn't change the fact that Axl is an overrated media darling who withholds his "art" from fans to build up anticipation that he hopes overshadows the mediocrity of said art.

Anyone who storms off the stage during a concert in a childish hissy fit not once, but multiple times, doesn't give a sh!t about anything but himself.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:50 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
Come on, in an era of spoon fed, aqua fixated,
ballad loving hair metal bands Guns n Roses blasted in like wave of
fresh air, personally I am burn out on ' Appettie for Destruction' but
the impact that album made was incredible

I tend to disagree that GNR were "fresh air", but for the sake of argument let's say they were. That doesn't change the fact that Axl is an overrated media darling who withholds his "art" from fans to build up anticipation that he hopes overshadows the mediocrity of said art.

Anyone who storms off the stage during a concert in a childish hissy fit not once, but multiple times, doesn't give a sh!t about anything but himself.

Yes he is a selfish, ego driven childish rock star but still a great songwriter and performer (when he chooses to show up).

I don't think his music smacks of mediocrity, no album is worth a 13 year wait, but it still a great album IMO.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm bummed. I thought Uncle Sax was throwing a hissy fit towards Uncle Ted again.

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Ya know I hate Ted's politics, so I will never support him in any way. But at least Ted has a 40 year history of creating....ugh, am I gonna say it?......decent music.

But AXL is the epitome of over-rated. When Appetite came out I was listening to groundbreaking stuff from D.R.I., Rollins, Fugazi - and GNR came in like L.A.'s Sunset Strip's last fart. AXL was a whiney poser then and Vince should have kicked his ass. And, now, to be quite honest, I have not heard a single note from the new album, so I cannot really judge it merits. But, no matter how you slice it, he is nothing without Slash. And I am a total Minneapolis homer with one of my own in the band [Tommy Stinson is still in the band, right?]. That right there should pique my interest. But all it really does is make me feel sorry for Tommy [in a Robert Trujillo kind of way. I mean, who would turn down a shot to be in 1 of the 2 biggest bands in the world at one time?].

GNR will never be anything but sheep herders and if AXL recorded himself throwing up in the back of a Volkswagon, people would buy it. That is what is great about consumerism. I respect your taste in music and your ability to like what you like, no matter what, Manny. So, that "sheep" shot was definately not aimed at you. But ya gotta admit, 75% of the people that bought the new album are just living in the past and will say it is great no matter what they really think.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:14 pm

I don't think Guns N Roses were groundbreaking, they had a strong Aerosmith and New york Dolls influence on " Appettie", but at a time when radio was overloaded with Faster Pu$$ycat and alot of those type of bands being labeled as metal, at least to my ears G nR sounded like the real thing. I don't mean metal band but a real rock band.

Overrated? Maybe the way critics and VH1 fall all over themselves to praise G n R they tend to over do it but IMO it was an excellent debut album and it deserved its success.

If old fans buy 'Chinese Democracy" expecting Appettie II or Use your Illusion III they are going to be very pissed when they pop that CD in.

I don't take your comments personally, it is a discussion board so we are discussing why you think Axl is a no talent douche bag, where I happen to think he is a very talented douche bag.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:38 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Ya know I hate Ted's politics, so I will never support him in any way. But at least Ted has a 40 year history of creating....ugh, am I gonna say it?......decent music.

But AXL is the epitome of over-rated. When Appetite came out I was listening to groundbreaking stuff from D.R.I., Rollins, Fugazi - and GNR came in like L.A.'s Sunset Strip's last fart. AXL was a whiney poser then and Vince should have kicked his ass. And, now, to be quite honest, I have not heard a single note from the new album, so I cannot really judge it merits. But, no matter how you slice it, he is nothing without Slash. And I am a total Minneapolis homer with one of my own in the band [Tommy Stinson is still in the band, right?]. That right there should pique my interest. But all it really does is make me feel sorry for Tommy [in a Robert Trujillo kind of way. I mean, who would turn down a shot to be in 1 of the 2 biggest bands in the world at one time?].

GNR will never be anything but sheep herders and if AXL recorded himself throwing up in the back of a Volkswagon, people would buy it. That is what is great about consumerism. I respect your taste in music and your ability to like what you like, no matter what, Manny. So, that "sheep" shot was definately not aimed at you. But ya gotta admit, 75% of the people that bought the new album are just living in the past and will say it is great no matter what they really think.

I think he did. It's called "The Spaghetti Incident?". Laughing

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Axl is why I can't stand guns and roses - poser indeed.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:11 pm

I suggest yall read "Watch You Bleed"

I agree with Manny 1000%
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Addy wrote:
I suggest yall read "Watch You Bleed"

With all due respect, I'd rather travel to the deepest, darkest wilds of Africa on a quest in search of an enchanted tribal shaman who could magically cause me to lose the ability to read than crack open that book.

Last edited by spectrefate on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:01 pm

Being a survivor of the Sunset Scene, played my first show there in 79'. Couldn't stay in the bar after the set but watched from a chair at the back door to the alley. I saw alot of things happen and scratch my head till this very day. There was an underground thrash scene while most dudes whipped out the mascara and aquanet. I saw a chick beat the dog snot out of Axl when he was a member of L.A Guns in the parking lot of one of the many local dives. Yeah. he sang in Guns as well as Hollywood Rose before G n' R. He called the cops on her and they put the cuffs on and rode her off down the street.

The thing that set G n' R apart from the other countless groups doing the same thing was Slash and Izzy. I was utterly amazed at how good Axl's vocals were on "Appetite" after seeing him screech onstage for years. Goes to show what a bit of cash can do. I "guess" Axl can write a decent tune ? My take is that is something more in the vein of Elton John than anything co-written with other players. Look at the direction the "Illusion" lps went as opposed to "Appetite" and even "Lies". Which by the way I like alot.

If the line up that did "Appetite" and "Lies" got back together and did a club date someplace doing only that era G n' R and some choice covers. I'd go in a heartbeat for not merely the sake of nostalgia, but to see if chemistry rather than time holds more merit. I havn't changed the radio station when a new G n' R tune is played but I wouldn't be interested in seeing them in concert as they are at present.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Quote :
With all due respect, I'd rather travel to the deepest, darkest wilds of Africa on a quest in search of an enchanted tribal shaman who could magically cause me lose the ability to read

Have fun dont forget to bring a canteen Smile

Thats alright cuz I hate Iron Maiden and Judas Priest as much as most hate GNR

it's Saul Goode
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Addy wrote:

Thats alright cuz I hate Iron Maiden and Judas Priest as much as most hate GNR

Woah...trippy.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:43 pm

Yup but i really dig your thundercats avatar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:31 pm

We have known Addy for 7-8 years now. He can smell a GnR ripping thread a mile away! haha

At least you are consistent, A!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 pm

When Appetite came out, I really dug it.

Now?

Axl's vocals sounds like a cat with its tail stuck in a toaster.

In other words, I can stand them.

Though Axl's supposedly taken vocal lessons over the years, I actually think his voice has gotten worse.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:04 am

I am hugely biased since Appetite For Destruction was the record that piqued my interest in 'Music' so take what i have to say with a pinch of salt.

Sure i loathe the circus that has become Axl and Guns for the last 20 years but if you take it back to Guns N' Roses and Axl up to '88 i can't find any fault with them. I wasn't there (Born in the year AFD came out) but i do think they would have been a breath of fresh air and breaking down alot of doors for the sucess's of Jane's Addiction, Soundgarden and Nirvana to come.

That record showed a bunch of misfits that grooved on real rock n' roll, that was a bit different, that had genuine danger and menace could blow up big. I mean what was being passed over as rock in 86 and 87 like Poison and Bon Jovi. Sure that's not really what was happening for the true die hards of rock, i could name alot of bands from that time period that were original/cool that deserved to break big but even though Guns weren't so original musically they reinjected a certain old school volatility, swagger, sex and danger back into big selling rock n' roll that was missing since the daze of Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones etc.

Axl and Co. were not afraid to out their influences and tried in interviews to swing the spotlight on great bands that never got a chance in the sun like Smack, Rose Tattoo, The Angels, Hanoi Rocks etc. I think Axl was instrumental in having Hanoi's back catalogue reissued and available in the US for the first time on their record label after AFD broke allowing a whole bunch of kids to discover a pretty damn great band that many may have missed. The guy must certainly get a tick for just that.

AFD era Guns N' Roses's fueled my imagination and love of rock n' roll.....those early songs and images of Axl, Izzy and co. was like a revelation and still resonates as strong as ever with me.....smeared eyes to the kill, jungle of hair, bullwhip stance and urban decay, they came on like hung jeweled vultures, like the stained sons of the Dolls.

They introduced me to the New York Dolls, The Stooges, 70's Aerosmith, Hanoi Rocks, Rolling Stones, Faces etc. Bands that had just as profound an effect with me and also introduced me to countless others. Axl and Guns ruined my life, and i thank them.

Sure there's alot of bullsh*t that has gone on but i don't think you can deny that Axl and Guns had something real, genuine and cool at an early stage in that band.

As for Tommy Stinson Sax i think it's kinda cool and kinda not that he's in the current bloated circus that is Guns N' Roses. But since the dumb f*ck masses didn't open their wallets for the Replacements and crown them not only the greatest band of the 80's but also the biggest then i can't blame him for earning a bit of money with Axl. The guy could join the Backstreet Boys and it doesn't change the fact he's one of the coolest rock n' rollers ever.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:13 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
We have known Addy for 7-8 years now. He can smell a GnR ripping thread a mile away! haha

At least you are consistent, A!!

I got a nose for these things Smile Even though you hate GNR with a passion Saxon I still like ya 🤘

Though those cornrolls on his head need to go
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:02 am

*whew*! thanks Sax, I'm just glad I'm not the only one on planet Earth who cant stand nor ever got into Guns-n-Posers. Hated them from day 1.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:12 am

appetite was the only they ever did that is worth listening too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:15 am

I can respect the "classic" band GNR because Slash is just amazing. The other guys are OK too. I think Axl was just lucky that he could find such a talented group of guys that didn't realize he stole his whole stage persona from Richard Black.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Its sad the original lineup is no more, cuz I Love Slash and Duff I think they're great in their own right. I dont care what Slash says I bet when they are eligable for the RNR Hall of Fame I bet they'll at least make an appearance together and or reunite briefly. Not to mention Slash was quoted in an interview or something expressing concern bout when GNR is eligable for the RNR Hall of Fame that they didnt want to happen to them what happened to Van Halen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list   Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncle Saxon's 1 most hated "artist" list
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: