Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Gryphon-kl wrote:
Whose Line Is It Anyway

Best episode ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Got my kid to watch E.T. tonight. He loves it almost as much as I do. Only things I'm pissed at is I had no idea my copy is the formal special edition with the CG added in. No option to see the original. See, this is why I still have a VCR, because I know my local Goodwill has this for a buck on VHS and I don't have the money to fork out for the newer DVD or Blu Ray.

I also inherited the original Star Wars trilogy on first-generation VHS, so I'm pretty excited to play those over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:44 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 am

Finally got around to seeing Pacific Rim.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:10 pm

American Horror Story: Asylum.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Loved it in all of it's cheesy glory! Looking forward to Coven Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:06 am

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Loved it in all of it's cheesy glory! Looking forward to Coven Very Happy 
I liked it too. It was a slap-in-the-face plot in the first episode; you just had no idea what was coming around each corner. And something about having the same cast members from season 1 as different characters here had an oddly unsettling effect, can't explain.

How is it Ryan Murphy went from Glee to this is my biggest question.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:25 am

Mama
Practical Magic
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:02 am

"Rock N Roll High School" (1979)

At the dawn of the 1980s, Vince Lombardi High is run by the iron fisted, rock n roll hating fascist principal Miss Togar (Mary Woronov). Fortunately, lifelong rock n' roller Riff Randell (P.J. Soles) and her friends band together to show Miss Togar the error of her ways with some help from the Ramones -- and some high explosives.

This classic teenage wish-fulfillment flick intro'd me to the music of the Ramones when I was in my teens and it's been one of my favorite films ever since. I honestly have lost count of how many times I've seen it, but I never get tired of it. I am at the point where I can quote the dialogue along with the characters chapter and verse.

As far as I'm concerned this movie belongs on everyone's rock-flick shelf right next to "This Is Spinal Tap," "Detroit Rock City," "KISS Meets the Phantom" and the "Decline of Western Civilization" series.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Star Trek Voyager: Season 4

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:16 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:58 am

Took my daughter to see 'The Wolverine'

Re-watched 'Schendiler's List' on Friday

and watched 'Satisfaction' which is horrible little film which I can't believe Liam Nielson is in and I admit I had somewhat of a crush of Justine Bateman
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:38 pm

"Daredevil" (2003)

Flawed but mostly fun adaptation of the Marvel Comic stars Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock - blind lawyer by day, masked vigilante and protector of Hells Kitchen, NYC by night.

The CGI assisted stunt work is mostly laughable and Colin Farrell's performance as the villainous assassin "Bullseye" is pure ham, but Affleck does a nice job as the title hero and the story is remarkably faithful to the original comic (except for changing The Kingpin from a big bald white guy to a big bald black guy). Jennifer Garner provides the eye candy as Matt's love interest, Elektra, and future "Iron Man" director Jon Favreau provides the comic relief as Murdock's long suffering law partner.

It may not be a classic but "Daredevil" doesn't really deserve all the hate it gets, either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Agree - I didn't think it was a horrible flick...... Elektra on the other hand....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Ooh yeah, Elektra was pretty bad. TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 19976

I watched the "Director's Cut" of "Daredevil" this time out, which was about 30 mins. longer than the theatrical version. Most of the extra stuff had to do with Matt & Foggy defending a wrongly accused murderer (played by Coolio) but it fleshed out the characters a little more than in the rushed theatrical cut.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 pm

I actually enjoyed the Daredevil film, not a masterpiece but a cool little flick

Today watched National Lampoon's Vacation
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:35 am

Breaking.

Bad.

Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:31 am

Pan & Gain (cinema)
Gr8 Gatsby
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:51 am

Quote :
I actually enjoyed the Daredevil film, not a masterpiece but a cool little flick
I think "Daredevil" got way more hate than it deserved just because Ben Affleck was in it. At that time he was totally over-exposed due to his then-current relationship with Jennifer Lopez and the movie got caught up in the post-"Gigli" backlash. Kevin Smith's otherwise fine "Jersey Girl," which also starred Affleck and J-Lo, went down the tubes too.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I think "Daredevil" got way more hate than it deserved just because Ben Affleck was in it. At that time he was totally over-exposed due to his then-current relationship with Jennifer Lopez and the movie got caught up in the post-"Gigli" backlash. Kevin Smith's otherwise fine "Jersey Girl," which also starred Affleck and J-Lo, went down the tubes too.
Agreed. I haven't seen Daredevil since I originally saw it in theaters, but I don't recall it being that bad. It stuck pretty close to the comics, so that was good enough for me. I wouldn't mind seeing it again all these years later to see if it held up like I remembered.

In other news...

Silver Linings Playbook - Terrible. 2 hours of watching a mentally ill couple argue? Pass. The only silver lining is knowing that since they both are refusing the meds they desperatly need, something terrible will happen to one of them in the end. Love doesn't cure insanity, kids.

The Crash Reel - Excellent doc about a kid that breaks his brain in a snowboarding accident, then want's to get back in the game, much to the dismay of his family. Horribly depressing, but good.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

In other news...

Silver Linings Playbook - Terrible. 2 hours of watching a mentally ill couple argue? Pass. The only silver lining is knowing that since they both are refusing the meds they desperatly need, something terrible will happen to one of them in the end. Love doesn't cure insanity, kids.

Interesting, I absolutely loved the film, saw it twice in the theater.  Love doesn't cure insanity, but then neither character is insane, they both suffer from treatable conditions.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:39 pm

I wondered how Big Pharma would play out in that story, haven't been interested in the book or movie for different reasons....

Last night...

'We Steal Secrets: The History of Wikileaks'...... I was excited to finally check this out, but was let down in a lot of ways. Not nearly enough ground is cleared pertaining to Assange and how the organization works as a whole, and while I support Pvt. Manning, the film veered off and was arguably the history of Manning as much the history of Wikileaks, and instead of adding to the film it kind of disrupted it by the end. For people interested enough to go out and see this, there aren't really any pivotal points of history or information that those people wouldn't already know.

Terminator: Salvation...... So I found out that literally everybody hates this film and I'm not getting why exactly. Is it T2? No, neither are most movies. Is it better than T3? Yes, yes, yes, yes, a million times yes. A couple of things I would have liked to seen more depth in, yes, more scenes with Worthington and Bale, would have liked also,...some other stuff that would have helped (no spoilers) but this is really a very good film. A lot of criticism I've seen aimed at this is unfair, ridiculous stuff.... e.g. why doesn't every scene look like the minute flashbacks from T2, why are there things like water Terminators (why NOT??), et al, et al. The world was immersive, actors were fantastic, it felt like Terminator to me and dared to try something new. Now people are excited because Arnold at 66 is going to be in T5. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm usually willing to give home-town movies a shot, even though I can't stand the Eagles and their a-hole fans. Heck, the tailgating scenes were filmed in the parking lot of my work. I was hoping to catch DiNiro walking around eating a cheesesteak. But I just didn't find anything interesting about 'Silver Linings Playbook'.

Speaking on a more personal note, I related the 2 main characters to a guy & gal my wife and I have known for years. And both suffer from bouts of what we like to call "bat-sh*t, mind-f*cking craziness". I told her "If Dirk* and Electra* went off their meds and we set them up together, this is NOT how things would end no matter how much they danced. They would be an episode of 48 Hours".  

*Names changed to protect the innocent. And make them seem more interesting.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I wondered how Big Pharma would play out in that story, haven't been interested in the book or movie for different reasons....
The movie handles it realistically.  It shows you what happens if a condition goes untreated, however at no point does it worship at the altar of medication.  The film focuses more on how taking action impacts the condition; forcing yourself out of yourself, going to therapy, setting achievable goals and making connections with other humans.  

As someone that has at times been a pawn of Big Pharma over the past 20 years I have to say the movie was done very realistically and the secret the drum companies don't want you to know is that the medication is really only a very small part of the process. The biggest breakthroughs almost always happen in therapy or in new social interactions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next