Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished

Go down 
+2
corplhicks
exact33
6 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Empty
PostSubject: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:50 pm

A Fort Worth, Texas, man went home to find an empty lot where his family's house of decades had stood. Local officials still don't know how it came to be mistakenly demolished by a crew last weekend.

David Underwood and his wife returned from out of town on Saturday and decided to stop by their house, which had belonged to his late grandmother and where they had planned to move eventually.

"We rounded the corner and my wife, Valerie says, 'The house is gone David,'" he told the Dallas Observer blog Unfair Park. "I'm looking at the yard, so I looked and I'm like, 'Wow, OK.'"

All that was left of their three-bedroom, one-bathroom ranch-style home was its foundation slab.

A passing city marshal informed them that the home was demolished, the Dallas Observer reported. The Underwoods eventually learned that the demolition crew contracted by the city had mistakenly cleared their home instead of a nearby one that was condemned months ago.

The Underwoods' home is on 9716 Watercress Drive while the condemned home, which is still standing, is on 9708 Watercress Drive.

Bill Begley, a spokesman for the City of Fort Worth provided a statement to ABC News.

"On July 12, 2013, contractors demolished the wrong property on Watercress Drive," the city's statement read. "The property to be demolished should have been 9708 Watercress Dr. The property that was demolished was a vacant structure located at 9716 Watercress Dr. City staff currently is investigating to determine what happened."

"A mistake was made," Fort Worth's code compliance director, Brandon Bennett, told The Dallas Morning News. "We have to identify where the weak link was and fix that so it doesn't happen again. We need to look at all of our upcoming demolitions, and double- and triple-check these things to make sure everybody has dotted the I's and crossed the T's."

It wasn't clear who whether the city or the demolition contractor would compensate the owners for the house. A call to the Underwoods wasn't immediately returned.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/fort-worth-couples-home-mistakenly-demolished-182133354.html?vp=1

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:00 am

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:35 am

Sux to be him.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:40 am

Ouch. I hate when that happens!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:48 am

Some lawyer is going to make some easy money on this one. Unfortunately it's not me! Sad 
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Quote :
"We have to identify where the weak link was and fix that so it doesn't happen again. We need to look at all of our upcoming demolitions, and double- and triple-check these things to make sure everybody has dotted the I's and crossed the T's."

Things that should have happened BEFORE you demolished the wrong house.  Feel even worse for the owners since it clearly had family sentimental value also.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Some lawyer is going to make some easy money on this one.  Unfortunately it's not me! Sad 

Laughing very hard 

how are your ambulance chasing skills?

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:42 pm

exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Some lawyer is going to make some easy money on this one.  Unfortunately it's not me! Sad 

Laughing very hard 

Rusty! I need to get out there and chase some pronto.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Laughing very hard 

Rusty!  I need to get out there and chase some pronto.

Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWNYk5gxH5do7RQteZrK1wQLYQx88oSQEZI8FcfXtdGpeGA7y8

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:12 pm

exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Laughing very hard 

Rusty!  I need to get out there and chase some pronto.

Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWNYk5gxH5do7RQteZrK1wQLYQx88oSQEZI8FcfXtdGpeGA7y8

Nice!

What's the difference between a lawyer and a tick? The tick stops sucking when you die.

What do you call 3000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.

What do you call 100 lawyers hanging from trees at the side of a road? Not enough trees.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:49 am

Duuuuuude I am so wanting to pick your brain on the whole Trayvon ordeal but I'm afraid of ruffling feathers round here.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:44 am

Because I'll take any reason to post some Mojo Nixon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished   Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fort Worth Couple's Home Mistakenly Demolished
Page 1 of 1