Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this album worth reissuing ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Is this album worth reissuing ? Empty
PostSubject: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Alright folks, I want your opinions on this album, It's by an Irish band and was released in 1986, and I've been pushing for it to be released for the first time on CD, Just want an idea what the feedback might be like, it's pointless asking for opinions on the Irish sites, as you'll get the usual responses.

have a listen to the songs (care of Vibrationsofdoom.com) and see what ye think. all I will say is the artwork was great for 1986.

Blackwych - Out of Control

Is this album worth reissuing ? Blackwych

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 7:44 pm

the sound quality of the samples was ultra-poop....

But were it remastered and releaed on cd...I'd buy it...sounds like the core metal is sweet!!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 7:52 pm

Shiney wrote:
the sound quality of the samples was ultra-poop....

But were it remastered and releaed on cd...I'd buy it...sounds like the core metal is sweet!!!!!!!

Yea I know the quality isn't great there but in fairness to that site, for idiots like me who are on Dial up still it's the only site out there (that I know of) that have the tracks toned down so they can even play in real time on slow connections without having to stop and start and rebuff.

Yea the vocals are .........Very Happy but a limited run could on CD be the way to go ?

Cheers Shiney (1 gone, 998 to go)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 8:44 pm

This actually sounds really cool. I'd buy it! A nice mix of 80s metal and rock. Vibrations Of Doom is a great site. Everything sounds like crap, but it's better than nothing. There's tons of bands on there that deserve a reissue. One of my favorites is Letchen Grey:

http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/LetchenGrey.html

Wish they'd reissue this one.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 8:45 pm

i'd love to have a reissue. i have a cd-r copy of the album ripped from vinyl that i got on the usenet years ago. it has alot of skips & is of general bad quality( not much better than the udio samples you linked to), but i really liked what came through.

i'd buy in a heartbeat.

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 8:54 pm

I just checked MySpace and they have no page. Letchen Grey does, though:

http://www.myspace.com/letchengrey

Anyone remember the band Sexist from one of the old Metal Massacre compilations? Letchen Grey was basically an updated version of that band.

Sorry, Locky; don't mean to be hijacking your thread! =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:

My arse you're sorry (you are always posting in other people's threads, mind your own business Laughing very hard )

I assume mc666 was responding to your link and not mine.

Last edited by on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:46 pm

Locky wrote:
I doubt it. He's not as inconsiderate as me.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25944

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:23 pm

I'd pick up a copy.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:29 am

Locky wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

My arse you're sorry (you are always posting in other people's threads, mind your own business Laughing very hard )

nope i was responding to the original post about Blackwych. i've never heard of Letchen Grey before. i'll have to check that link too.

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:30 am

I have a vague recollection I've seen this on Greek bootleg lists, am I wrong?

Anyhow, I dig it and say go for it if you can. If you make a nice release with remastered sound, thick booklet and such, moving 500-1000 CDs should not be a real problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 5:29 pm

stormspell wrote:
I have a vague recollection I've seen this on Greek bootleg lists, am I wrong?

Not that I've heard of, and i've been in contact with a few guys at this side (but in saying that, lord knows what the greeks would do)

stormspell wrote:
Anyhow, I dig it and say go for it if you can. If you make a nice release with remastered sound, thick booklet and such, moving 500-1000 CDs should not be a real problem.

Was thinking of around the 1000 amount, and i only need to look at your releases for inspiration humble ,

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:28 pm

Locky wrote:

Not that I've heard of, and i've been in contact with a few guys at this side (but in saying that, lord knows what the greeks would do)

Its just like a deja-vu memory in my mind that I've seen it on one of those 2-on-1 Hot Metal reissues with slipcases. Dont cite me on it though.

Quote :
Was thinking of around the 1000 amount, and i only need to look at your releases for inspiration humble ,
Thanks,

1000 would be the optimal quantity pricewise. If you are going to do it yourself and need some info on pressing plants/printing houses - dont hesitate to PM me. I know how hard it is to start such project and would always share whatever info I can with a fellow label.

You should also go and check NWN Records forum. Yosuke keeps a section there about manufacturing and everything related with tons of valuable info regarding places and services.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this album worth reissuing ?   Is this album worth reissuing ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this album worth reissuing ?
Page 1 of 1