Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Life As A Trucker

Go down 
+20
thejokeriv
mc666
jstate
kmorg
Coram Deo
GrandNational
corplhicks
Troublezone
James B.
Lari
Eyesore
exact33
Required Fields
tohostudios
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
DallasBlack
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 5:12 pm

LOL!!

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:48 am

Hey DB:

Gkad to hear ya gettin things dialed in....kewl ! This past two weeks we paved 27 miles of two lane highway in eastern Montana. Paving one lane while traffic ran on the other with pilot cars. The trucks would be lined up in front of paver and we'd back up 50 to 75 yards to end of asphalt winrow with only 6 inches of clearance on either side. (narrow lane with traffic on one side and ditch with no shoulder on the other) Ya gotta go in reverse full speed cause the Superintendent wants the paver to keep movin'.....Backing into a loading dock is a breeze.....you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:16 pm

Yeah, I'm starting to get the hand of backing up. My trainer said, even if it takes an hour to back up, as long as you don't hit anything you're all right. My training has ended and tomorrow I will have two more days of school (a drive test and the rest back-up practice). After the weekend on Tuesday I have orientation then just a few days til I'm assigned my own truck. I got spoiled because the trainer had an automatic Volvo which is the top of the line truck. My first truck will be a crummy International until such time I prove myself then I get a Volvo. Gotta pay my dues. Now that I will be driving solo, I will have more time to keep in touch here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:58 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Yeah, I'm starting to get the hand of backing up. My trainer said, even if it takes an hour to back up, as long as you don't hit anything you're all right. My training has ended and tomorrow I will have two more days of school (a drive test and the rest back-up practice). After the weekend on Tuesday I have orientation then just a few days til I'm assigned my own truck. I got spoiled because the trainer had an automatic Volvo which is the top of the line truck. My first truck will be a crummy International until such time I prove myself then I get a Volvo. Gotta pay my dues. Now that I will be driving solo, I will have more time to keep in touch here.

I'm sure you'll keep us updated with a few roadtrip pics. Stay away from the hitchhikers. Razz
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 am

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I'm sure you'll keep us updated with a few roadtrip pics. Stay away from the hitchhikers. Razz

and this truck:

My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Trouble19

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 am

Good luck man, you got this.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:41 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Good luck man, you got this.

just remember this DB:

Jack Burton: Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:32 pm

exact33 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

and this truck:

My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Trouble19

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:24 pm

My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Untitl10
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:48 pm

I also want to avoid the guy from Joy Ride.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Untitl10

Laughing very hard That's what I thought of too!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:24 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I also want to avoid the guy from Joy Ride.

So your CB name won't be Candy Cane? Razz 
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:25 am

Tomorrow (later this morning) I will be assigned my own truck. Been running around like a chicken with my head cut off getting ready (going to get little sleep). However, no worries, if I have to I will schedule a nap in my pre-trip planning and suck down 5 Hour Energies.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:12 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Tomorrow (later this morning) I will be assigned my own truck. Been running around like a chicken with my head cut off getting ready (going to get little sleep). However, no worries, if I have to I will schedule a nap in my pre-trip planning and suck down 5 Hour Energies.
Time to start the methamphetamine, like every other trucker I know. You won't need sleep anymore.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:31 am

mc666 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Time to start the methamphetamine, like every other trucker I know. You won't need sleep anymore.  

Yeah, apparently after a while, the trucker adapts to small doses of sleep. However, the first few months he/she will spend most of their free time asleep.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 am

DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Yeah, apparently after a while, the trucker adapts to small doses of sleep. However, the first few months he/she will spend most of their free time asleep.

I just heard you say that in an Australian accent with the NatGeo logo somewhere, and it was awesome. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:41 am

DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Just gotta keep increasing that dose biatch.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:34 pm

were you driving in Delaware today, DB? I almost got run over by a trucker today Razz 

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 pm

exact33 wrote:
were you driving in Delaware today, DB? I almost got run over by a trucker today Razz 

Still no truck yet. It was supposed to be ready today but wasn't. I will check back tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 am

They are getting your truck ready:

My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 94370910
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:59 am

thejokeriv wrote:
They are getting your truck ready:

My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 94370910

Seeing that makes me want to be a trucker more than anything
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 pm

bah - who wants iron maiden on their truck when they can have this:

My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Optimus_prime_truck_by_varnavas

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 pm

exact33 wrote:
bah - who wants iron maiden on their truck when they can have this:

My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Optimus_prime_truck_by_varnavas

Cool, but, thanks to Michael Bay, I'd rather take Eddie.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:43 pm

I'll take this

My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Decoto10

afro 
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 8:34 am

Dallas, will your truck have a cab for sleeping? One thing I would never be able to take being on the road would be the sleeping situation. Hotels for me would be almost as bad as the cab. Hopefully not a problem for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Life As A Trucker   My Life As A Trucker - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Life As A Trucker
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next