Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life Changes....

Go down 
+16
manny
A Handful of Wayne
Glower
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
Boris2008
Troublezone
corplhicks
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 10:14 pm

So, I have been a part of this board since the early 2000's when it was the Ultimatum Board, as have been a bunch of yous.  You have seen your fav Uncle at his best and at his worst.  I even hosted the First [and only] METAL UP fiesta back in the day [I think the statute of limitations has run out, so maybe more stories to come about that].  Any-hoo - I just want you all to know that that Auntie Saxon died in a school explosion a little over 2 years ago.  We had been divorced for a number of years but came to a place where we were best friends.  The person that died on August 3, 2017, Ruthie, knew me better than any person on this POS mudball we all cohabitate upon.  I miss her dearly - daily.   I met Melissa working as a backline stagehand at a huge regional festival last June.  Me - dirtball looking to drink and have a good time.  Her - Lighting designer extraordinaire.  Well, as this crazy life would have it, she saw something in me.  We have spent most of the seconds between then and now together and living a dream.  I recently incorporated a new company called "Lighting Lady Design, Inc.".  I have watched her work her magic every weekend for the last three months.  I have been introduced to an entirely new aspect of being a music fan.  She, being a female lighting designer, brought a much sought-after perspective to the industry and she made the most of it working with Cher, the Eagles, having 6 month residency in place like the MGM Grand and the Bellagio - I mean, a serious big deal.  She stepped aside to raise her kid about 10 years ago.  But she is back and the industry has not forgotten about her.  We pretty much have the pick of the litter when coming to gigs.  White glove treatment shit. We have been inundated with offers.  I have taken the manager position - which, so far has been really easy as all I have to do is answer the f'ing phone - haha.  Right now, she lives in BFW [bum f*ck Wisco], but word is out that she is moving to Minneapolis.  Next weekend?  Baby Metal!  Came outta no where - word of mouth.  I am so completely in love with this broad and the opportunities that our collective efforts are presenting.  Oh, did I mention she is sexy as F?????    HOM has put up with me for 20 years.  I want HOM to know that I am still here - Still kicking....  Maybe THIS is why.  Love you fuckers.  Thx for always sticking with me Manny, Toho, Dallas Black, Wrecked, Thrashy, Corp, Nevermore, Boris, and the rest [here on HOM Island].  Now, go like me and Melissa's new venture and we may even come to YOUR town!!!!  https://www.facebook.com/lightingladydesign/

Life Changes.... 20190810
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 pm

This is great news Unc! Congratulations!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Not TOO much self promotion, Toho??? ha.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 12:54 am

Very cool man, I'm happy for ya! I was a stagehand for a while, but I didn't get to do any concerts. It's fun to do though, and I've been thinking about getting into it again. Just not steady enough work for what I need these days.

Anyways, have fun at Baby Metal.....better you than me lol
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 12:55 am

Oh yeah, if you ever get a gig in Phoenix, ya better lemme know. Cool
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 1:26 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Oh yeah, if you ever get a gig in Phoenix, ya better lemme know. Cool

Think I WON'T bro-chizzle????
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 11:59 am

So that's why you're into Baby Metal. We do craaaazzzyy things for love. lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 12:57 pm

Awesome!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 1:17 pm

Damn dude. Really happy for your current events but really sorry about your ex's fate. That's tragic.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 1:17 pm

Great news! Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 pm

Congrats and best wishes!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Tough stuff with your ex but great to see that you are on the up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 2:40 am

Congrats to ya brother! You deserve all the best. You’ll always be family around here.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 10:24 am

Great news Uncle Sax! (Although I'm very sorry to hear about Auntie...)

W. Texas awaits you.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Sorry to hear about Auntie, but glad you could have a harmonious post-divorce relationship with her until the end.

Congratulations to you and Melissa on your new venture, best of luck!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 6:43 am

Sounds like a great adventure has just begun for you! Congrats on the happiness!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 3:21 pm

I love these stories - that sometimes get posted -
and not only that - but to match face with screen name.
That's a damn cute photo.
Love - I've been told - is teamwork - first and foremost.
I'm jealous ha ha - music - money - lighting too !
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 11:44 pm

You still on that Rat Salad Review show or were you fired?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Kick ass!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 pm

A Handful of Wayne wrote:

Teetering on the edge......
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 7:19 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
A Handful of Wayne wrote:

Teetering on the edge......

Laughing

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm

Great news, Johnny B. I thank God every day for my wife and daughter. It's the best thing in the world to come home to them every night.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 8:36 pm

Great news Brother...

If it goes there....please let DC be best man wearing the Ghostbusters jumpsuit I'll provide all the dental floss, being I' m the tycoon.

Love ya man

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 4:05 pm

It warms my cockles seeing you in a good place. I'm really terrible at staying in touch but you have always been a big bro (uncle, whatever) to me and I appreciate ya in all of our stages in life. Stay up buddy!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 5:16 pm

Congrats John! You're good peeps, mate.

Life Changes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Changes....   Life Changes.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life Changes....
Page 1 of 1