Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:58 am

after last show i must say, the magic is gone. its truth that it is was 7th show but the power passion is lost. maybe it is cos i know what to expect. it doesn mean that i will not visit again their show if i have to chance but probably old time rnr passion will be lost again. hard to tell.
of cors they get older... who knows. anything can happen to the future.
today its not very good.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:12 am

JBall_Z wrote:
Cliffy wrote:
Just watched this in High Def...super clear, super good audio.  This is total dvd audio quality.

Kiss is my all-time favorite band.

That being said...the makeup no longer covers the age of Paul and Gene.  The reason they seem like they're going through the motions is because it's no longer possible for them to have the energy they had as youngsters.  They're being as awesome as humanly possible.  The problem is...they're human.  Time has caught up with them.  They're being totally awesome...for their age.  But there's a reason rock 'n' roll has always been for the young.  And they're no longer young.

Well said Cliffy.  It's sad, but true.  In a perfect world, Gene and Paul would never grow old... And I hope they have at least one more studio album in them.

I feel the same way about Judas Priest. Rob has all the energy of a tranquilized sloth. Even if he gets his hip replaced or whatever his medical problem is, he's not a young man anymore. I was really shocked at how bad his vocals sounded on the Touch of Evil Live album. I don't expect him to hit the high notes like the old days, but on some tracks, he sounded like someone was strangling a muppet. For an official release, I thought the vocals were very poor.

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:14 pm

What did you think about his vocals on the new Epitaph DVD?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:41 pm

bass63 wrote:

Haven't heard it. I watched a very little bit of it when VH1 Classic showed it, but I was barely paying attention to be honest.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
bass63 wrote:

Haven't heard it. I watched a very little bit of it when VH1 Classic showed it, but I was barely paying attention to be honest.

He was pretty good. Dude needs to quit singing The Sentinel, though. He could barely do it before, he definitely can't do it now. That song works just fine as a studio track.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:23 am

KISS Taps Director ALAN G. PARKER For 'You Wanted The Best… You Got The Best' Movie - Aug. 5, 2013

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=193384

KISS has tapped Alan G. Parker to direct "You Wanted The Best… You Got The Best - The Official Kiss Movie".

Parker's credits include "Never Mind The Sex Pistols", "Who Killed Nancy", "Rebel Truce: The History Of The Clash" and "Monty Python: Almost The Truth".

"You Wanted The Best… You Got The Best - The Official Kiss Movie" promises to offer the most in-depth look yet at the band who formed in New York in the early '70s as WICKED LESTER and went on to sell over 75 million albums.

"We are thrilled to have Alan onboard to help tell the definitive KISS story, a story of insanity… dedication… and a take-no-prisoners attitude combining to create the most spectacular beast in rock 'n' roll history; KISS," says KISS frontman Paul Stanley. "Alan's knowledge of the band amazed even us! We wanted the best…. we got the best!"

Adds KISS manager Doc McGhee: "It's an epic undertaking and everyone’s committed 100 percent to bring this story to the big screen. We knew Alan was the only man for the job and we can’t wait to get started."

"I'm incredibly proud to be on board for this film," says Parker, "telling the story of a band I love so much and that has such a rich history."

KISS has just completed a Canadian tour in support of its latest album, "Monster". The band's North American dates will run through August 18 in Hollywood, Florida, with a four-date Japanese trek scheduled for October.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:10 am

Another media for Gene to trash Ace and Peter and minimize their part in the history of the band.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:15 am

Yet another "History of KISS" documentary huh? What is left to say that hasn't already been covered by their heaps of video releases over the years?? surprised 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:46 am

So is it a theatrical conception with actors or a Biography channel like documentary ?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 am

James B. wrote:
So is it a theatrical conception with actors or a Biography channel like documentary ?

Good question... If with actors, we can start the "who should play Ace" posts.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yet another "History of KISS" documentary huh? What is left to say that hasn't already been covered by their heaps of video releases over the years?? surprised 
That's what I thought when I saw the original post. What more do we need to know about KISS that hasn't already been revealed? Is Paul finally going to come out of the closet?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 7:15 pm

KISS brings pro football back to Los Angeles with Arena Football League team

So here's an unusual little story: KISS, the multimedia corporate product-spewing behemoth that used to be a rock band, has gone and bought its very own professional football team. In Los Angeles, no less. Sure, it's in the Arena League, but Angelenos can't be choosers these days.

All right, let's get all the jokes out of the way at once. Deep breath:

The team, set to start play next March in Detroit Rock City Los Angeles, will run a nontraditional offense: not the pistol, not the shotgun, the Love Gun. Players will be encouraged to rock and roll all night and party ev-uh-ree day. Following every touchdown, the team will go for a deuce. They'll keep the visitors' locker room hotter than hell. Team physician? Why, Dr. Love, of course.

The team will be dubbed — no, this is not part of the joke — the L.A. KISS. And their helmet designs are going to be amazing (and, no doubt, for sale everywhere at a reasonable price). As incentive, the band will play a private concert for season-ticket holders.

"As a fast-paced, high-action band, this partnership with the AFL was an obvious fit for us," Gene Simmons said in a statement. "With Arena Football, you are much closer to the action - sitting in the front row is like putting a folding chair on the hash mark of an NFL game – and it’s one of the only sports where you can experience this level of intensity. Attending an LA KISS game in 2014 will be similar to a live KISS show, with thrilling, heart-pounding action."

"The whole idea of an alternative to what has perhaps become a corporate sport is very intriguing, and resonates with us," Paul Stanley added. "We've always tried to be a band that relates to everybody, and the AFL is built on that whole premise."

Want in? There's already a website: LA Kiss Football. Get in early! And our pals over at For The Win have already mocked up some uniforms, which are an absolute delight. See 'em here.

So, yeah, if we were going to make a list of bands that would purchase a football team, KISS would be at positions one through five. Question for you, then: who's the next musician to buy a pro team? Snoop Lion? Kid Rock? The Bieb? The floor is yours.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kiss-brings-pro-football-back-los-angeles-arena-123816031.html

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Arena football? Is that even still a thing?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
That's what I thought when I saw the original post. What more do we need to know about KISS that hasn't already been revealed? Is Paul finally going to come out of the closet?
Paul has already come out of the closet. He shocked the world by finally admitting that he like girls!!

Who knew?!! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I guess Gene and Paul wanted a team just like Bon Jovi owns (or owned) one......
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:30 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Paul has already come out of the closet. He shocked the world by finally admitting that he like girls!!

Who knew?!! Laughing very hard 
According to Peter Criss, Paul loved to draw pictures of dicks back in the day.......
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Quote :
It is out here in Texas...of course high school teams can fill arenas to  Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Owning a football team ? Interesting I guess. This is the corporate entity that tried doing a professional wrestler (and failed) awhile back. Why not ? It would be nice to have that kind of money to throw around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Arena Football, huh? I'm sure there are 50 or so people that might be interested in that. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:41 pm

S.D. wrote:
Arena Football, huh?  I'm sure there are 50 or so people that might be interested in that. Laughing very hard
you are not that far off - avg attendance is slightly more than 8100 per game across Arena football. Amazingly, this is still better than the first weeks sales for The Geoffs Frequency Unknown.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:23 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I guess Gene and Paul wanted a team just like Bon Jovi owns (or owned) one......
They have learned nothing from JBJ. He bailed out after a few non-profitable seasons. I suspect Gene will do the same. It will be fun for the first season or 2. Free publicity and all that, but when the reality of it all sinks in and the money isn't there, they'll bail.

The Philly team just wrapped up their season and there is speculation that they won't be back next year. Rumor is the current owners (that are NOT Bon Jovi or Sambora) are trying to sell.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:41 pm

The arena football team here (NM Stars) are struggling from what I've seen. I'm not a football fan, so I've not attended a game.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:56 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The arena football team here (NM Stars) are struggling from what I've seen. I'm not a football fan, so I've not attended a game.
I think the whole league in general is struggling. 4 teams dropped out of the AFL last season. I can't speak for other franchises, but the Philly team has 2 HUGE factors to overcome:

1. They aren't the Eagles. Noone cares about football in this town if it ain't the Eagles.
2. The season goes too far into summer. After Memorial Day, weekends are spent outdoors watching the Phillies (no matter how bad they are) or at the Jersey shore (no matter how bad it is). Noone wants to sit indoors to watch a bunch of guys that couldn't make the NFL.

I'm curious to see what makes Gene & Paul think that LA will support an arena football team when they couldn't make an NFL franchise work there. I'm sure they'll add plenty of smoke & mirrors to the game presentation and make it all flashy, but in the end, people are coming to watch lousy football. What good is tasty icing on a cake that tastes like sh*t?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I think the whole league in general is struggling. 4 teams dropped out of the AFL last season. I can't speak for other franchises, but the Philly team has 2 HUGE factors to overcome:

1. They aren't the Eagles. Noone cares about football in this town if it ain't the Eagles.
2. The season goes too far into summer. After Memorial Day, weekends are spent outdoors watching the Phillies (no matter how bad they are) or at the Jersey shore (no matter how bad it is). Noone wants to sit indoors to watch a bunch of guys that couldn't make the NFL.

I'm curious to see what makes Gene & Paul think that LA will support an arena football team when they couldn't make an NFL franchise work there. I'm sure they'll add plenty of smoke & mirrors to the game presentation and make it all flashy, but in the end, people are coming to watch lousy football. What good is tasty icing on a cake that tastes like sh*t?
it is a nice event though going to a Soul game. I enjoyed it when I went with some friends.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I've read that the Philadelphia Phantoms (AHL) team does really well despite the popularity of the Flyers.

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next