Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the official *Madonna* thread

Go down 
+12
rattpoison
Schbopo
jstate
QuothTheRaven
Addy
manny
thejokeriv
Neuropete
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

the official *Madonna* thread Empty
PostSubject: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:19 am

Okay, let's take roll.

How many Madonna fans we got in the house?

I used to despise her and her music for years. Then as I got older, I began opening my mind and giving more kinds of music (besides just metal) a chance. Found out I really liked Madonna - along with some other pop artists as well.

Let's discuss the queen of pop!

What are your favorite albums? Songs? Etc.

the official *Madonna* thread Madonnnaaaa__opt
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:23 am

Wouldn't say I'm a "fan" per se, but I've always kinda admired her from a distance even though her music is not my thang at all. I appreciate her general take-no-sh*t attitude, as well as her knack for re-inventing herself every few years. Most dance/pop stars disappear as soon as their lone hit slides off the charts, but she's been hangin' in there for a quarter century now, which is pretty damn impressive no matter what genre you're in.

...not to mention that she was hotter than Dutch love back in the day. That "Like A Virgin" video was instrumental in my becoming a man... the official *Madonna* thread Icon_lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:00 am

A beacon for the absolute worst that America has to offer in music, religious, and sexual attitude of every ambiguous and formless kind, littered with faux-shock that has nothing to offer to a progressive society; a rope and a brick tied to the ankles of unsuspecting women worldwide, dressed up as a daring savior.

not a horrible voice though
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:07 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
A beacon for the absolute worst that America has to offer in music, religious, and sexual attitude of every ambiguous and formless kind, littered with faux-shock that has nothing to offer to a progressive society; a rope and a brick tied to the ankles of unsuspecting women worldwide, dressed up as a daring savior.

Wouldn't it have been quicker to just say "No sir, I don't like it?" the official *Madonna* thread Lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:11 am

Quote :
"No sir, I don't like it?"

Just as easy to cut & paste a response too.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 am

I used to feel the same way too. Through most of the 80's, I could not stand her. Then, I gave her another chance when I heard "Ray of Light". I revisited her older material in the "Immaculate Collection" and I was surprised how much I actually like her music. Now, as an individual, I still dislike her. But, I think she is very talented and enjoy listening to her songs. My favorites would have to be "Like a Prayer", "La Isla Bonita", "Ray of Light", "Live to Tell", "Borderline" and "Music".
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Wouldn't it have been quicker to just say "No sir, I don't like it?" the official *Madonna* thread Lol

Not quite as titillating! ....ooh... I always wanted to use that word. Today I have succeeded mountains, gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

...not to mention that she was hotter than Dutch love back in the day. That "Like A Virgin" video was instrumental in my becoming a man... the official *Madonna* thread Icon_lol

LOL!!! Of course, the penthouse with the madonna nudes back in the day too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Bedtime Stories is a brilliant album. Erotica is a distant second, but still very enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 pm

like most metalheads back in the 80's I thought her music was cancer for the ears, as I grew older I branched out to other genres outside of metal and begin to appreciate her ability to write catchy songs, also later day albums such as 'Ray of Light ' and 'Like a Prayer' show a tremondous growth as an artist that was not even hinted at on her earlier albums.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

LOL!!! Of course, the penthouse with the madonna nudes back in the day too

The Penthouse photos were disappointing, as I recall. They were taken before she got famous, and she hadn't yet learned the importance of shaving her armpits... the official *Madonna* thread 78889 the official *Madonna* thread Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:04 pm

I like her older work all the way up to Justify my Love, then there were a few releases since i didnt like, but some of the Evita stuff is good too.

Havent heard anything recent from her.

But 80s Madonna KICKS BUTT
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Not a fan of her music, but from a music business standpoint, she is one smart cookie. Easy on the eyes back in the day, too. the official *Madonna* thread Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Is guilty! I love a lot of her stuff like Sorry, Papa Don't Preach, Get Together, Into The Groove and many others Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:33 pm

I liked the 80's Madonna through Like A Prayer. I even enjoyed Desperately Seeking Susan. Thought she got way overexposed with the Sex book thing and the music started to feel like club music to me. Nothing wrong with it - just not something I could get into.

Whenever I think of Madonna, I think of this guy who would walk around Baltimore's Harbor Place with a boombox blasting her live record. He was like 40 (a tough forty too) and had on the Madonna shirt, hat, and armbands. He also would have the most serious look on his face and walk with such purpose. At first I thought it must've been a gag or something. But dozens of times before baseball games there he'd be with the live record going. I always thought that was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Eh...not a fan. I like a lot of 80's pop stuff, but I've never liked here at all.

I don't even think she's particularly attractive.
don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:14 pm

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
Is guilty! I love a lot of her stuff like Sorry, Papa Don't Preach, Get Together, Into The Groove and many others Very Happy

the official *Madonna* thread 911681 the official *Madonna* thread 29150
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Neuropete wrote:
I used to feel the same way too. Through most of the 80's, I could not stand her. Then, I gave her another chance when I heard "Ray of Light". I revisited her older material in the "Immaculate Collection" and I was surprised how much I actually like her music. Now, as an individual, I still dislike her. But, I think she is very talented and enjoy listening to her songs. My favorites would have to be "Like a Prayer", "La Isla Bonita", "Ray of Light", "Live to Tell", "Borderline" and "Music".

LOL this is my story exactly.

I hated Madonna until I heard "Ray of Light". I was very impressed with this album, so I ventured out and got her greatest hits, "The Immaculate Collection". I realized at that point I was a fanboy. Have been ever since.

I like all her albums.

oh and I think she's hot. Very freeking hot. Even still today.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: the official *Madonna* thread   the official *Madonna* thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 pm