Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+87
assault_attack
Mglaffas81
T-Roy
ZombieHavoc
anthrax_fan
fingers
Highway Star
Heavy Metal Ninja
Lari
moonspell67
Mac & Cheese
tohostudios
Aaron_D
BloodWinter
Eyesore
muckie
Wrecked Neck
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Medieval Torture Device
the sentinel
DakotaRogers
Glower
Hadley
Dr8breed74
Troublezone
Required Fields
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
SAHB Healer
Vexer6
mikeinfla
Runicen
AmongTheRest
AutumnShantel
glassprison
Thelemech
rajah
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
metalinmyveins
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Locky
MetalRob331
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Chrome Locust
corplhicks
RAIDwarden
Leatherface
bass63
dirtracin1
sovdat
thejokeriv
bgsully
mlotek
brokentulsa
MoonChild
CRIMSONMASK
Orion Crystal Ice
David Panzer
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Gryphon-kl
EvyMetal
exact33
Witchfinder
chilejay7
Wurthless
ShadowAngel
SideShowDisaSter
Wallace2112
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Addy
Andy
jettafiend
SpectreFate
manny
nevermore
Sutekh
DallasBlack
91 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 5:55 pm

Night Shift by Stephen King
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Metal on Ice by Sean Kelly [Crash Kelly]. Cool book about the 80s/90s Canadian HR/Metal scene. Comes with cd of re-recorded classics.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 4:51 pm

Japanese-English/English-Japanese Random House Dictionary
Teach Yourself: Esperanto Dictionary
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 6:00 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Wos-nwobhm
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Damn. That looks cool.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 8:37 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Damn. That looks cool.

They are good. The format is chronological with interviews, small reviews and pictures woven throughout.

I've got the whole series:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 This-means-war

What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Smokin-valves
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Damn. That looks cool.

They are good.  The format is chronological with interviews, small reviews and pictures woven throughout.  

I've got the whole series:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 This-means-war

What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Smokin-valves

I recently picked up the Smokin' Valves book.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Somebody to Love? by Grace Slick
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 11:21 pm

Just picked up Lita Fords book....been reading Gary Lenaire's book An Infidel Manifesto...
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Recently finished reading Wendy Moore's Into the Void, really shows you a different side of Ace Frehley that he didn't mention in his own book. Right now i'm reading the unauthorized KISS biography Black Diamond, it's worth buying just for the CD it comes with, which has an interview with Eric Carr.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 9:37 am

Cowboy Song: The Authorized Biography of Philip Lynott by Graeme Thomsen
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 9:40 am

Right now: Reckless: My Life as a Pretender by Chrissie Hynde

On deck: Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs! My Adventures in the Alice Cooper Group by Dennis Dunaway

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 3:22 pm

2010 Odyssey Two by Arthur C Clarke (for the umpteenth time hehe)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Right now:
Tough Sh*t: Life Advice From a Fat, Lazy Slob Who Did Good by Kevin Smith

On deck:
Living Like a Runaway by Lita Ford

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 3:18 am

Swann's Way (translation by Lydia Davis) by Marcel Proust.

One of my all time favorite books!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 8:12 am

The Secret of Self Realization ~ I. K. Taimni
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Just finished:
Amazing, Fantastic, Incredible: A Marvel-ous Memoir by Stan Lee and Peter David
(Stan the Man's life story ...told, naturally, in comic book form. A quick read but lots of fun.

On deck:
Silent Bob Speaks: The Collected Writings of Kevin Smith

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 3:32 pm

Just finished:
Black Sabbath: Symptom of the Universe by Mick Wall

Now:
Van Halen Rising: How a Southern California Backyard Party Band Saved Heavy Metal, by Greg Renoff

On deck: Living Like a Runaway by Lita Ford

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 3:43 pm

i'm reading Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse currently.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 2:39 am

Imagica, by Clive barker. Great book, been years since I've read it, figured I should revisit it once more.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 8:11 am

Some original Zap Comix, my sister bought in the Haight-Ashbury District back in like 68 or 69.

Great stuff...she is ending more

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 9:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just finished:
Black Sabbath: Symptom of the Universe by Mick Wall

Now:
Van Halen Rising: How a Southern California Backyard Party Band Saved Heavy Metal, by Greg Renoff

On deck: Living Like a Runaway by Lita Ford

I just finished that Mick Wall book and a book on Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Starship that for the life of me cannot remember the title
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 8:55 am

Tearing Down the Wall of Sound: the Rise and Fall of Phil Spector by Mick Brown

Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 3:08 am

I've been reading various stuff on Project Gutenberg. As somewhat of a literary critic and a person who dabbles in writing here and there, I noticed that most of the other books by famous writers which you've never heard of were usually forgotten for a reason. Bram Stoker's Jewel of the Seven Stars, which is the first mummy novel, was very boring. Definitely not up to snuff with Dracula.
Some of these books have been sorted from the trash from scholars, which while it seems snobbish, actually have done a good job of preserving books that otherwise would have been shunned. I'm sure there are some hidden gems from the old days that haven't gotten any notice, but there may be more hidden gems in modern literature than there are in the classic eras.
The Garden of Allah was a good example of a best seller that was quickly forgotten because it was a product of its time. Three movies were made, but no one remembers the book. Indulgent, drawn out narrarative, often doing little to further the plot, that was obviously meant to keep people occupied who would have otherwise been bored out of their minds, and for the sake of getting paid by the word.
The Gnomes of the Saline Mountains is a really good example of shit writing from way back when. A total PoS. It's on Gutenberg. That and The Romance of Lust are good examples of how shitty vintage novels could be. I still don't know what the whole point of Gnomes is supposed to be. Probably a shitty allegory for the depression? I don't know. Whether it's American, British, Asian, etc. I recommend sticking with classic canon recommendations when sorting through older novels. Usually the hidden gems will come to light in one way or another. Those that came close to being lucrative ideas were original in concept but were very rough around the edges. L Frank Baum's books outside of the first Oz are good examples. Even some fan fiction on the internet is better than that shit. Very unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 6:51 am

I just finished "the dragon king" by Brian godawa.
Quick, but enjoyable read. Fantasy

What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Dragon10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next