Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)

Go down 
+19
Dellocatus
chewie
Temple of Blood
iamrockerfun
corplhicks
exact33
MEGATRON
Eyesore
Gilbert
James B.
tohostudios
journeyman
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
SpectreFate
manny
stormspell
mikeinfla
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am

Great song.

To the person claiming that we wouldn't like it if it was a new Blackmore song: don't be an idiot.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:05 am

Another new track.......

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Another great tune from Deep Purple
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:26 pm

manny wrote:
Naturally. Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:
Naturally. Razz

Don't you have some music played by boys who look like girls to listen to? Wink
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:59 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:
Naturally. Razz

Don't you have some music played by boys who look like girls to listen to? Wink
Actually I'm listening to music played by scuzzy looking guys who sound like AC/DC.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:57 pm

i like that second song a lot. And no - I am not a fanboy Razz

journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Why does it take so long to release an album? back in the day some bands released two albums a year.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
i like that second song a lot. And no - I am not a fanboy Razz
Actually I like that second song too. Hated the first one though.

And to bring up an argument from other threads, is Blackmore in this incarnation of Deep Purple?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:17 pm

tohostudios wrote:

And to bring up an argument from other threads, is Blackmore in this incarnation of Deep Purple?

stirring the pot again huh Smile

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:19 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

stirring the pot again huh Smile
Just think of me as the ACLU of HoM. Wait....bad comparison....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 pm

I'm just pointing out that people rail about how "Band A" can't really be "Band A" without "Member Y" yet Deep Purple seems to be able to rotate anyone and everyone in and out of their lineup and no one bats an eye.

To me it ain't Deep Purple if Blackmore isn't in the band. It's "Wading Pool Purple".

That's not to say this incarnation can't make good music but I think calling it Deep Purple is a sham.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm just pointing out that people rail about how "Band A" can't really be "Band A" without "Member Y" yet Deep Purple seems to be able to rotate anyone and everyone in and out of their lineup and no one bats an eye.

To me it ain't Deep Purple if Blackmore isn't in the band. It's "Wading Pool Purple".

That's not to say this incarnation can't make good music but I think calling it Deep Purple is a sham.

We all understood your opinion on this issue a week or so ago. It's been noted in invisible ink into the ledger that no one reads so let's all move along.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:23 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

We all understood your opinion on this issue a week or so ago. It's been noted in invisible ink into the ledger that no one reads so let's all move along.
I thought this was a different issue (praising every frickin' thing a band puts out vs. not having a problem with a band calling itself the same thing regardless who is in it ) but you're right, it probably does boil down to the same core concept of band worship so I'll move along.

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:31 am

Steve Morse has been the guitarist for Deep Purple for 18 years now.

Nobody will argue how important Blackmore was to Deep Purple, but since Morse has now been in the band for twice as long you could hardly call him a fill-in player anymore.

Jon Lord personally selected Don Airey to take over the keyboard chair when he decided to retire from touring in 2003, so Airey has been in the band for 10 years now.

The rest of the band is the same as the classic Mark II lineup: Gillan, Glover & Paice.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:40 am

I will admit when I read Blackmore had quit several years ago and Deep Purple were going to continue without him, I thought it was a terrible idea, while I loved the one-off album Purple did with Tommy Bolin, to me Deep Purple and Ritchie Blackmore were synonymous as one and the same.

But then I bought 'Purpendicular' and the music spoke for itself, and also love this line up of Deep Purple with Steve Morse. Also Blackmore's heart was not in it anymore, he is happier making music with his wife then his old mates, I say more power to him. I happen to dig Blackmore's Night, that is not to say I don't get nostalgic for Blackmore to return to Deep Purple one last time, but seeing these guys are hitting their 70's soon, don't foresee this ever happening
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm

so I have Machine Head and will be getting the new one but my collection is otherwise lacking. Any opinions on where to start?

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 pm

exact33 wrote:
so I have Machine Head and will be getting the new one but my collection is otherwise lacking. Any opinions on where to start?

In Rock! Child in Time and Hard Lovin Man are well worth the cost of the CD alone
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 pm

Made In Japan is a must, then Fireball and Who Do We Think We Are round out the classic MKII from those already mentioned.

"Everything louder than everything else."
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
Steve Morse has been the guitarist for Deep Purple for 18 years now.

Nobody will argue how important Blackmore was to Deep Purple, but since Morse has now been in the band for twice as long you could hardly call him a fill-in player anymore.

Jon Lord personally selected Don Airey to take over the keyboard chair when he decided to retire from touring in 2003, so Airey has been in the band for 10 years now.

The rest of the band is the same as the classic Mark II lineup: Gillan, Glover & Paice.

Oh my, has it really been 18 years. I miss Blackmore, but I'm really digging Steve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:33 pm

exact33 wrote:

1. In Rock
2. Made In Japan (top 5 best live albums of all-time, regardless of genre)
3. Fireball
4. Perfect Strangers
5. Burn

Start with those but I'm sure you'll probably want more later. For the more recent stuff I would highly recommend Purpendicular and Rapture Of The Deep.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:33 pm

thanks all! I am on my way to amazon now!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:24 pm

exact33 wrote:
thanks all! I am on my way to amazon now!

Let us know what you pick up
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:30 pm

SACD had The House of Blue Light so i got that one.

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 11:26 pm

exact33 wrote:
SACD had The House of Blue Light so i got that one.

Not their best, but "Bad Attitude" is a great tune.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)   Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Purple - Now What?! (2013)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next