Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pick a time and stick to it.

Go down 
+12
SpectreFate
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
T-Roy
Addy
tohostudios
chewie
brokentulsa
James B.
exact33
Dark Horseman
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Pick a time and stick to it.  Empty
PostSubject: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:45 pm

I hate these changes of the clock, especially this one as i'm not ready to go to bed when it seems it should be time then i'm not ready to get up when I have to. There is no need for this anymore and they've shown it's actually bad for people. Pick one and leave it alone though i'd prefer going with regular time, don't see the need for it to be light until 11:00 at night in the summer.
Ok, rant over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:15 pm

It generally messes with me for a couple days then I adjust.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:39 pm

I hardly noticed it to be honest.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:35 pm

I like the longer daylight hours.....more time clocked in and more income.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:35 pm

This time change thing is an old outdated idea that ran its course years ago and should be done away with.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 am

Done away with........ yea!!!!!! Pick a time and stick to it.  395375 lame sign grim reaper Pick a time and stick to it.  47715
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:20 am

I'm with DH; it may only be an hour but it does mess with my biorhythms for a few days. I got very little sleep last night because I kept waking up.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:21 am

With this time change they should also make this week International Coffee Week and have places give out free coffee

Theres a few states that dont observe Daylight Savings time

Last edited by Addy on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:23 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'm with DH; it may only be an hour but it does mess with my biorhythms for a few days. I got very little sleep last night because I kept waking up.

I'll be off for about a week myself I woke up at 430 cuz of my bladder not worth going back to bed for 20 minutes, and if i were to fall asleep for another 15 to 20 then Id be really off

Ugh
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 am

I despise daylight savings...and anybody that DOESN'T for that matter. Pick a time and stick to it.  47715
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 am

Addy wrote:
With this time change they should also make this week International Coffee Week and have places give out free coffee

Theres a few states that dont observe Daylight Savings time
Preach it!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:53 am

I tend to notice it more now that I have kids and my "sleep time" is more at a premium these days. I adjust and adapt in a day or 2, then business as usual.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:06 am

this is dumb, stop messing with time or I'm gonna have to mess with someone's face.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:12 am

It doesn't, and has never, affected me. If they got rid of it, it wouldn't matter to me. Although I do think that it's rather cool for the sky to be still fairly bright after 9:00 PM during the first part of summer.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:13 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
this is dumb, stop messing with time or I'm gonna have to mess with someone's face.
humble
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 am

007 wrote:
It doesn't, and has never, affected me. If they got rid of it, it wouldn't matter to me. Although I do think that it's rather cool for the sky to be still fairly bright after 9:00 PM during the first part of summer.

It will be nice to walk out of work tonight at 6:00 and it still be daylight. Adds an extra spring in my step knowing that spring/summer is on the horizon and helps ditch the winter blahs.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:19 am

It's nice to wake up at 7 and not have the sun already busting through the blinds........
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:45 pm

I put dark curtains up so that doesn't affect me. I'll adjust but the first week I feel like i'm dragging.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:38 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]
007 wrote:
Adds an extra spring in my step...
That's probably that stick you sat on.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:48 pm

The time change doesn't bother me much but I had a hell of a time getting the kids up for school this morning since they'd "lost" an hour's sleep over the weekend. I was practically draggin'em out of their beds.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:41 pm

[quote="T-Roy"]
MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:
Adds an extra spring in my step...
That's probably that stick you sat on.

I thought it was from him watching The Sound Of Music at the theatre..... Smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:27 pm

I hate losing the hour of sleep.... personally I would prefer if DST was standard time, I like the extra daylight at night
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 5:57 am

7am is sleeping in for me

I hate that its dark when driving to work. I like that at 530 its still light out I like that spring is on the horizon and I like that its warming up I despise Winter
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Why do we need more late nights in the summer, when the sun is up almost 24h as it is! It's stupid. Why not adjust te click so we get an hour extra of sun during winter time?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:17 pm

kmorg wrote:
Why do we need more late nights in the summer, when the sun is up almost 24h as it is! It's stupid. Why not adjust te click so we get an hour extra of sun during winter time?

I don't think this topic applies to you folks who live at the North Pole. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick a time and stick to it.    Pick a time and stick to it.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick a time and stick to it.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next