Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming

Go down 
+23
exact33
CRIMSONMASK
Vexer6
bgsully
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
tohostudios
T-Roy
Addy
scottmitchell74
Boris2008
Wurthless
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
iamrockerfun
adrian
James B.
thejokeriv
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Empty
PostSubject: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 pm

You can see an exhaustive article on what the big screen has in store here:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3594&p=.htm

Not surprisingly there are 27 (!) sequels/prequels on the schedule for this year. Hopefully the independent films will rise to the challenge again like they did last year to provide us with some original entertainment.

Some of the bigger sequels of the year...

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Star Trek: Into Darkness
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Some non-sequels (although there are reboots)

Man Of Steel (Superman reboot)
Pacific Rim (Del Toro directed giant robots vs. giant monsters flick)
Lone Ranger
After Earth (sci-fi)
Elysium (sci-fi)
Oblivion (sci-fi)
Warm Bodies
Beautiful Creatures
The Host
Mortal Instruments
Ender's Game

Hopefully a few of these big budget monstrosities will be worth watching. Personally I'll be keeping my eyes open for the smaller flicks which served me very well in 2012.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Month-by-month chart for 2013:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=bydate&release=theatrical&yr=2013&p=.htm

Naturally I'm interested in the "Iron Man," "Thor" and "Superman" flicks since I'm a retired comic nerd. Hopefully the new "Superman" and "Iron Man" movies will be better than their previous installments.

There's also a new "Wolverine" flick in the works, based on his first solo mini-series from 1982, i.e. his trip to Japan (Wolverine Vs. Ninjas!!). That's one of my favorite comics of all time so I definitely wanna see that one.

...and "Machete Kills" is out in September! \'arry \'eadbanger

I'm sure my kids will wanna see the follow up to "Monsters Inc." too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 pm

I think Warm Bodies looks hilarious...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think Warm Bodies looks hilarious...

Yeah, that looks cool but it also sounds very similar to an Irish-made zombie comedy from a few years back called "Boy Eats Girl."

...I'll leave it up to you to find a trailer for that flick, though, cuz I am not going to type that word combination into Google on a work computer. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:42 pm

I am really looking forward to the Man of Steel, I hope it is better then Superman Returns also, but I did enjoy the film, especially Kevin Spacey's portrayal of Lex Luthor.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:52 pm

manny wrote:
I am really looking forward to the Man of Steel, I hope it is better then Superman Returns also, but I did enjoy the film, especially Kevin Spacey's portrayal of Lex Luthor.

I thought the first half of Superman Returns was great, but then it turned on a dime and got all grim-n-gritty in the second half and just blew it. Superman's not the kind of character that lends himself to dark & gritty, he's supposed to be the big blue Boy Scout.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:03 pm

The tone of Man Of Steel looks fairly serious, I would not expect a Christopher Reeve era vibe.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:05 pm

^^ This is true. I just hope he doesn't wind up half dead in a hospital after being stabbed in the back by a Kryptonite blade again.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
The tone of Man Of Steel looks fairly serious, I would not expect a Christopher Reeve era vibe.

I don't have a good feeling about this new Superman. Too much like that Ang Lee 'Hulk'. Alot of a brooding, sullen Clark Kent feeling like an outsider and talking about his feelings and not enough of Superman doing Super things.

Dark & gritty is the flavor of the day in Hollywood, but it doesn't work on everything.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:54 pm

This is my kind of Superman. Smile

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:59 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
This is my kind of Superman. Smile

Exactly. "Dark & gritty" wouldn't work there either. Unless we're talking about them describing bowel movements.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
You can see an exhaustive article on what the big screen has in store here:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3594&p=.htm

Not surprisingly there are 27 (!) sequels/prequels on the schedule for this year. Hopefully the independent films will rise to the challenge again like they did last year to provide us with some original entertainment.

Some of the bigger sequels of the year...

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Star Trek: Into Darkness
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Some non-sequels (although there are reboots)

After Earth (sci-fi)
Elysium (sci-fi)
Oblivion (sci-fi)

The competing Scorched Earth flicks......... Wait for blu ray on those for me! I do want to see all of the biggest sequels you listed.

Man Of Still I am sure I will see... hope it's good. I liked Superman Returns, but it had problems in the 2nd half (as Manny mentioned).

Also looking forward to Machette Kills and I will be taking the kids to Monsters U.

I saw the trailer for Warm Bodies and it didn't interest me - it looks like a flick about emo zombies........
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Of major "interest" to me is "Ender's Game". A really good read a few years back. Great concept and story for Sci-fi.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Quote :
I saw the trailer for Warm Bodies and it didn't interest me - it looks like a flick about emo zombies........

I thought the same thing when I saw it. I didn't like that they ripped off the "act like a zombie" bit from 'Shaun of the Dead' either.

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Warm Bodies was directed by the same guy (Jonathan Levine) who did the excellent 50/50, so I'm interested to see it for his involvement.

I think you guys are probably missing the obvious "there is no difference between emo kids and zombies" joke.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 am

I'm looking forward to The Wolverine, but I'm looking even more forward to Days of Future Past next year!

There's also a new Riddick movie coming out this year
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:49 am

definately flicker of the year for me

https://youtu.be/2vKz7WnU83E

i see Robot Jox copy after almost 20 yrs but seems good.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:34 am

James B. wrote:
Of major "interest" to me is "Ender's Game". A really good read a few years back. Great concept and story for Sci-fi.

Ender's Game is a superb book. I am sure that hollywood will screw it all up.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
James B. wrote:

Ender's Game is a superb book. I am sure that hollywood will screw it all up.

My dad loves that book and according to him, the author has a lot of say in how the movie will be handled. For instance, they were thinking of substituting the children with adults an the author put a stop to that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 pm

The director behind Ender's Game is the same guy who made X Men Origins: Wolverine, so that doesn't exactly give me much hope.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Everyone knows I like the animated movies and there will be no shortage of them. There is going to be a prequel to Monsters Inc. (Monsters University) and a sequel (Despicable Me 2).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:10 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
There is going to be a prequel to Monsters Inc. (Monsters University).

I've heard that Mastodon will be doing (or at least, contributing to) the soundtrack to that. That should be awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Here is a gallery of 100 upcoming movies in 2013.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/gallery/100_movies_to_see_in_2013_US/?_r=true

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 pm

I think I'm going to go the whole year avoiding Prequels, Sequels, Reboots, Superheros, Zombies and anything with Johnah Hill in it. If you need me, I'll be hiding in a cave ranting about how terrible Hollywood is. angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I think I'm going to go the whole year avoiding Prequels, Sequels, Reboots, Superheros, Zombies and anything with Johnah Hill in it. If you need me, I'll be hiding in a cave ranting about how terrible Hollywood is. angry

Quite a few promising films coming out with actual actors not having to share screen time with CGI creations. Stick to the independents, lots of good movies still being made.

Drinking Buddies
Much Ado About Nothing
Only God Forgives
Don Jon's Addiction
The Bling Ring
To The Wonder
Trance
The To Do List
Touchy Feely
Side Effects
The Place Beyond The Pines
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next