Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming

Go down 
+23
exact33
CRIMSONMASK
Vexer6
bgsully
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
tohostudios
T-Roy
Addy
scottmitchell74
Boris2008
Wurthless
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
iamrockerfun
adrian
James B.
thejokeriv
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:56 am

Some sci-fi for meeeeeee that I'd like to seeee..but will they be any GOOD?...

Oblivion
Star Trek: Into Darkness (this one is the million dollar question)...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:10 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Some sci-fi for meeeeeee that I'd like to seeee..but will they be any GOOD?...

Oblivion
Star Trek: Into Darkness (this one is the million dollar question)...

I was skeptical (BIG TIME) going into the S/T Star Trek reboot and was pleasantly surprised at how well it was done.

I have hopes on both flics ya mentioned

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:53 am

Saw a prview for Pacific Rim and must say I was quite impressed with the graphics. Plot and acting may or may not be that great but for now I will look forward to it's release:

It is a Guillermo del Toro film so it's worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:43 am

I was Laughing very hard when I saw that preview in the theater. Robot Jox meets Cloverfield. Totally shameless. I might see it. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:33 pm

The movie I'm most looking forward to in 2013 is Joss Whedon's B&W modern retelling of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.

No CGI or 100 million dollar budgets required, just a first rate cast and a great director.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Trailer for "The Hangover III," out in May. Looks like a hoot as usual

That poor giraffe. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:33 am

Should be comical to see how many people get offended by this movie without ever actually seeing it. Any movie with Ken Jeong as God and Craig Robinson as Satan is a must-see for me. Very Happy

Rapturepalooza!

(red band trailer so be careful at work)

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:53 pm

S.D. wrote:
The movie I'm most looking forward to in 2013 is Joss Whedon's B&W modern retelling of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.

No CGI or 100 million dollar budgets required, just a first rate cast and a great director.

This is a crazy turn for him, completely out of left field but I'm embracing it nonetheless. IMO Much Ado is Shakespeare's ultimate laugh riot. Nathan Fillion--my favorite actor--should fit in nicely.

Last edited by corplhicks on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
Should be comical to see how many people get offended by this movie without ever actually seeing it. Any movie with Ken Jeong as God and Craig Robinson as Satan is a must-see for me. Very Happy

Rapturepalooza!

(red band trailer so be careful at work)

I'm offended that that chose a black man to portray Satan. What's up with that, Whitey?

Othat than that minor quibble, it looks hilarious.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

This is a crazy turn for him, completely out of left field but I'm embracing it nonetheless. IMO Much Ado is Shakespeare's ultimate laugh riot. Nathan Fillion--my favorite actor--should fit in nicely.

No Keanu Reeves - No Much Ado!

J/K!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:32 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Whedon hosts Shakespeare readings at his house which was the inspiration for the film, Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof had both read this play at those parties prior to the film being made.

The film was shot at Joss Whedon's house in Santa Monica over a period of 12 days, it was his way of relaxing and recharging his creative batteries after The Avengers had finished shooting. Joss and his wife were celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary and instead of going on vacation they decided to make the movie instead. Fillion had never done Shakespeare before, he plays the "bumbling police inspector" so it should be a typically good comic relief role for him.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:46 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Whedon hosts Shakespeare readings at his house which was the inspiration for the film, Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof had both read this play at those parties prior to the film being made.

The film was shot at Joss Whedon's house in Santa Monica over a period of 12 days, it was his way of relaxing and recharging his creative batteries after The Avengers had finished shooting. Joss and his wife were celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary and instead of going on vacation they decided to make the movie instead. Fillion had never done Shakespeare before, he plays the "bumbling police inspector" so it should be a typically good comic relief role for him.

Whedon just gets cooler and cooler the more I learn about him. Too bad he's not my uncle or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm

I'll watch Rapturepalooza, Star Trek and Much Ado About Nothing

Give The Hangover III and Pacific Rim a miss.

I'll eventually see Oblivion at some point but for some reason I have to be dragged kicking and screaming to see a Tom Cruise movie despite really liking Born On The Fourth Of July, The Last Samurai, Interview With The Vampire and Eyes Wide Shut.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

I'll eventually see Oblivion at some point but for some reason I have to be dragged kicking and screaming to see a Tom Cruise movie despite really liking Born On The Fourth Of July, The Last Samurai, Interview With The Vampire and Eyes Wide Shut.
I saw Oblivion on Monday, I thought it was really good. Definitely one of Tom Cruise's better movies
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:27 pm

When I saw the previews for Pacific Rim, I thought "okay another rushed CGI flick that looks like Voltron v Godzilla; is Roland Emmerich or Renny Harlin helming this?" Then I saw it was directed by Guillermo del Toro.

What. The F*ck.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:10 pm

corplhicks wrote:
When I saw the previews for Pacific Rim, I thought "okay another rushed CGI flick that looks like Voltron v Godzilla; is Roland Emmerich or Renny Harlin helming this?" Then I saw it was directed by Guillermo del Toro.

What. The F*ck.

Man, thanks for the heads up!!
This looks right up my alley! I love Del Toro's work and of course, one look at my nickname lets you know I love Kaiju flicks. This one may drag me back to the theater for the first time in over 10 years!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/pacific-rim/

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

What. The F*ck.

Man, thanks for the heads up!!
This looks right up my alley! I love Del Toro's work and of course, one look at my nickname lets you know I love Kaiju flicks. This one may drag me back to the theater for the first time in over 10 years!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/pacific-rim/

I think that's what it is; I've never been a Kaiju fan, but I appreciate those who are such as yourself. I just didn't expect a name like Del Toro to be associated with a Kaiju flick, but then I thought, well, why not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm much more interested in indies than big budget blockbusters this year, some good stuff coming out.

Looking forward to Sofia Coppola's new film "The Bling Ring" which is based on a true story about a group of teenagers that broke into celebrity homes in the Hollywood hills, starring Emma Watson and Taissa Farmiga. Should be some good satire aimed at the TMZ/Facebook generation.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Another indie film that opens this weekend is Arthur Newman starring Colin Firth & Emily Blunt, I plan on catching this one at the theater on Saturday.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:12 pm

"The East" starring Ellen Page and Brit Marling also looks like a potentially good espionage style thriller.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:24 pm

The Lone Ranger is a MEGA-FLOP. Disney sunk (wasted) $250 million on the initial production plus another $150 million in promotion and advertising...the film was only able to scrape in $50 million at the box office during the debut weekend.

While I kind of jumped up and down with excitement over this news (I want big, dumb action films to fail miserably so more medium budget, character driven films can take their place) Disney made so much money on Iron Man 3 and Monsters University that it will completely cover the losses of The Lone Ranger.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:07 pm

Yeah, sadly they'll shrug it off and try harder next time with some other franchise. My theory is the big studios are as dumb as the movies they churn out.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm just counting down the days until the film 'ASS' from idiocracy is a reality. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Coming this Thursday to SyFy Channel, courtesy of our friends at the Asylum:
SHARKNADO
Laughing very hard

...and if you can't get a ticket for Guillermo Del Toro's "Pacific Rim" when it opens next week, you can always pick up the generic brand Asylum knockoff, "Atlantic Rim"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:49 pm

S.D. wrote:
[b]
While I kind of jumped up and down with excitement over this news (I want big, dumb action films to fail miserably so more medium budget, character driven films can take their place)

This will never happen until the major studios are destroyed.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next