Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming

Go down 
+23
exact33
CRIMSONMASK
Vexer6
bgsully
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
tohostudios
T-Roy
Addy
scottmitchell74
Boris2008
Wurthless
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
iamrockerfun
adrian
James B.
thejokeriv
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Quite a few look interesting to me. I'm looking forward to World War Z. I like fast moving Zombies (they make survival much less likely, while super-slow zombies make me mad at any human who manages to get killed). I like in the trailer how they look like ants trying to climb en-mass with no regard for the individual.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:00 am

manny wrote:
I am really looking forward to the Man of Steel, I hope it is better then Superman Returns also, but I did enjoy the film, especially Kevin Spacey's portrayal of Lex Luthor.

Ive been hearing alot of good things about Man of Steel

of the 2013 movies listed I want to see

Man of Steel
Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The Hobbit: Desomation of Smaug
Iron Man 3
Star Trek: Into Darkness

I promised my fiancee Id take her to see

Oz the Great & Powerful

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quite a few look interesting to me. I'm looking forward to World War Z. I like fast moving Zombies (they make survival much less likely, while super-slow zombies make me mad at any human who manages to get killed). I like in the trailer how they look like ants trying to climb en-mass with no regard for the individual.

It's not getting a good word-of-mouth from what I've read. It's gone through some last minute re-shoots already due to poor audience response in test screenings. And they're not letting critics get an advance look, which is usually bad news.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think Warm Bodies looks hilarious...

Saw this preview at The Hobbit. Totally agree. I was cracking up in the theatre as was everybody else.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Saw a trailer for new "Die Hard" flic last night

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:19 pm

James B. wrote:

To quote my dad, "always up for a new Die Hard movie".
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm

This one looks intriguing: Now You See Me.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 pm

S.D. wrote:

Yeah, I agree; that looks interesting.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
James B. wrote:

To quote my dad, "always up for a new Die Hard movie".

I'll be seeing that one net month as well, along with Bullet to the Head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:50 am

Christopher Walken, Al Pacino and Alan Arkin. Sign me up.

Stand Up Guys

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 3:29 am

S.D. wrote:

Stand Up Guys

Yeah, the moment I saw the trailer, I knew it was a movie to see.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:51 am

S.D. wrote:

Did they buy Tesla's cloning machine from The Prestige? Heck they even got Michael Caine too. Razz

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:22 pm

It appears Stallone's luck at the box office is even worse than Arnie's. Here is how Bullet To The Head is doing courtesy of Box Office Mojo:

Sylvester Stallone action movie Bullet to the Head rounded out the Top Five with a terrible $1.74 million. That's lower than Parker ($2.15 million) and The Last Stand ($2.03 million), which makes this the worst start for an Expendables co-star recently. For the weekend, Bullet to the Head could wind up just above $5 million.

Top 5 films for Friday:

1. Warm Bodies (8.1 million)
2. Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters (2.9 million)
3. Silver Linings Playbook (2.42 million) (an increase from the prior week, word of mouth at work)
4. Mama (2.3 million)
5. Bullet To The Head (1.74 million)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
It appears Stallone's luck at the box office is even worse than Arnie's. Here is how Bullet To The Head is doing courtesy of Box Office Mojo:

Sylvester Stallone action movie Bullet to the Head rounded out the Top Five with a terrible $1.74 million. That's lower than Parker ($2.15 million) and The Last Stand ($2.03 million), which makes this the worst start for an Expendables co-star recently. For the weekend, Bullet to the Head could wind up just above $5 million.

Top 5 films for Friday:

1. Warm Bodies (8.1 million)
2. Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters (2.9 million)
3. Silver Linings Playbook (2.42 million) (an increase from the prior week, word of mouth at work)
4. Mama (2.3 million)
5. Bullet To The Head (1.74 million)

I saw Bullet To The Head today, and I have also seen Parker and The Last Stand. Bullet is the best of the three. The Last Stand was horrible and Arnold looks like a leathery corpse. Parker was okay, but there is very little tension in the film because Statham is never in any real danger. Bullet was decent mostly because it was directed by Walter Hill. It's not great by any stretch of the imagination. It's obvious why all three were released in the January/February wasteland because none of them are really good. All the garbage is released this time of year.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:47 pm

The best films currently in the theaters are holdovers from 2012 (mostly Oscar contenders); Silver Linings Playbook, Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty. Even the new Pacino film "Stand Up Guys" is a 2012 film that is just now getting a limited theatrical release.

There is usually one or two high profile releases per month during the usual "sat on the shelf" material that gets released in Jan & Feb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Really looking forward to Steven Soderbergh's latest film "Side Effects".

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
Really looking forward to Steven Soderbergh's latest film "Side Effects".

Me too. I've only seen Rooney Mara in GWTDT and am excited to see her in another role.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Big Ass Spider! (2013)

A big ass spider attacks Los Angeles, looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
Big Ass Spider! (2013)

I swear that looks like a SyFy channel movie.

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I think that's the point, it's a spoof.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

If it's a spoof it might be fun. But those FX don't look very special.

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

If it's a spoof it might be fun. But those FX don't look very special.

It's a micro-budget indie film, probably done for less money than your average syfy film. The film will debut at SXSW in their "Midnight Movie" series.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:32 pm

[quote="tohostudios"]
S.D. wrote:
Big Ass Spider! (2013)

Does anyone have a synopsis for this movie as I'm intrigued as to what the film is about?

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 pm

S.D. wrote:

Stand Up Guys

Save your money. It was complete crap. Unbelievably terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 am

S.D. wrote:
Big Ass Spider! (2013)

That definitely is one Big Ass Spider.

SyFy Channel will probably snap this one up as soon as its festival run is finished.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next