Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?

Go down 
+6
ultmetal
80s Metal Lady
corplhicks
bgsully
manny
kmorg
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:24 am

corplhicks wrote:
Interesting. I always though Going for the One was just a collage.

They did move the placement of the buildings around on the cover, but that's the actual location. I went to Century City awhile back, saw the buildings and immediately recognized them from that cover.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:32 am

The Trinity test conducted by the United States Army on July 16, 1945, in the Jornada del Muerto desert about 35 miles (56 km) southeast of Socorro, New Mexico, at the new White Sands Proving Ground, which incorporated the Alamogordo Bombing and Gunnery Range.
Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 25758

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 521px-Trinity_shot_color

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 220px-Zappadrowningwitch

Either hanging on the grandma's fridge or the wall of Miss Magnus' kidnergarden class

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Scott is a Count Basie fan....

The Atomic Basie (1958)
Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 61rtXWJKqfL._SY300_
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
Scott is a Count Basie fan....

The Atomic Basie (1958)
Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 61rtXWJKqfL._SY300_

Is that photo from the Trinity testing site? It looks like it. What I liked about the Trinity shot was that I saw the face in it without much manipulation.

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:28 pm

It could be from the same explosion it's just the Basie photo was taken after the one you used (once the cloud got taller).
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Actually, I can contribute something! Just remembered this one:

Led Zepplin's Physical Graffiti:

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Physical_Graffiti_Album_Cover_by_Drawn_Blank

St. Mark's Place in the New York City borough of Manhattan (buildings 96-98). Many famous retailers and clubs are in the area and the neighborhood was home to many famous people, including one of my favorites-Klaus Nomi (#103).

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 450px-Physical_Led_Zeppelin
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Just found out about this one. One of my favorite album covers, Alan Parsons Project I Robot, was shot at the Charles DeGaulle Airport in Paris. Some extra tubes were superimposed, though.

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Irobt10

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Charle11
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Veng10

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Veng210

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Los_an10

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Los_an11

"Six years before he led a mass suicide in Guyana, Jones and his People’s Temple purchased an ornate old church at Hoover and Alvarado streets. The Romanesque landmark was built in 1912 as the First Church of Christ, Scientist and became the Iglesia Adventista Central after Jones’s departure in 1978."
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:37 am

Cool. Never knew the story behind that location. I believe there is a photo of the entire band taken there as well.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:26 pm

kmorg wrote:
Cool. Never knew the story behind that location. I believe there is a photo of the entire band taken there as well.

Yea, there is. I actually found out the location from Ult's NLTM site and googled it for the pics....thought it would make a good addition. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?    Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?   - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Cover Photos - Where was that picture taken?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2