Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Sandy

Go down 
+18
manny
speed101
kmorg
chewie
Addy
A Handful of Wayne
Ricky
jstate
QuothTheRaven
SpectreFate
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
exact33
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:37 am

I made it through with electricity so far but there is water and wind damage to my place. I am very thankful though because no one at my house was hurt. A neighbor wasnt so fortunate - his place caught fire and burned to the ground, which really sucks. His family is safe but he is in shock right now.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:39 am

exact33 wrote:
I made it through with electricity so far but there is water and wind damage to my place. I am very thankful though because no one at my house was hurt. A neighbor wasnt so fortunate - his place caught fire and burned to the ground, which really sucks. His family is safe but he is in shock right now.

Wow....... I am glad you're OK!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:41 am

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Wow....... I am glad you're OK!

me too. I did discover all the ways my builder cut corners though. Water was coming in all over the place in the basement and back room because of poor construction.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:56 am

That sucks. Wonder how the Jersey boys are, it's practically under water.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

new jersey got wacked. that is for sure.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Yep.... No Keith posts here or on FB - I hope he is OK. Best case is that he's fine, no power and cell service knocked out and he's one his 4th PBR of the day
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Yep.... No Keith posts here or on FB - I hope he is OK. Best case is that he's fine, no power and cell service knocked out and he's one his 4th PBR of the day

he is swimming in PBR!!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:49 pm

I don't think Philly got hit nearly as bad as the local new perdicted. It was windy as all get out, but not as much rain. I lost power overnight (9:35 till 4:54 this morning) but otherwise we're fine.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 2:19 pm

He did post that electricity was out.

Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:18 am

Sorry to hear that about your neighbor exact33.Glad your ok.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:53 pm

Got power back this morning sometime around 1am, lost it monday evening. Glad we got it back before Sat as its supposed to be cold
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Still no FF appearance here. Anybody else heard from him?

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:

He still doesn't have electricity.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

He still doesn't have electricity.
'

That's what I figured. Looks like NJ was hardest hit and bears are the least of their problems for now. Thanks.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Yea heres his last post on FB "Some hot food & coffee at WM Presbyterian Church went a long way towards improving my sh*tty mood. Don`t get me wrong, my mood is still sh*tty, just not as sh*tty." lol!

A lot of people around my area are getting their electric back. I'm glad I didn't have to go through that again this year. I was prepared for it though. Now the big problem is gas. Supposedly a lot of gas stations around here are either empty or are only taking cash cause the charge machines aren't working. I hear some stations are already trying to price gouge. Its bad enough the prices are so high but for someone to do that is really low especially in a time of need like this.

Oh that was a another thing FF wrote about " I`ve still got gas, but I witnessed a near-brawl outside a gas station earlier today, so it`s only a matter of time methinks..."

Everyones getting nuts so I believe that one. Theres already people looting abandoned house and stores in the city.

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:48 pm

When I talked to my Mother earlier in the week I asked her: "So, how does it feel having a hurricane named after you?"

lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Saw his posts - hopefully he gets power soon! He's probably right about somebody getting shot - I read that John Q Law has been sent to gas stations
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Hope he makes it through ok. Sad people resort to gouging and the like.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:36 am

Hey folks... made it into work today, I'm touched that all o'y'all were worried about my well being.

Our power's been out since 7 PM Monday night. Since I have a well for water w/an electric pump, that means no running water, and no baseboard heat either.

Thankfully our house didn't suffer any storm damage, but there are trees down everywhere you look. Compared to Hurricane Irene last year I'd say we dodged a bullet -- we had lots of wind, but not as much rain as they were predicting, so I didn't experience any flooding in my basement this time out. Driving to work this AM, it looks like the T-Rexes from "Jurassic Park" went rampaging through the woods all over town.

Obviously we can't just sit in a dark house with no heat all day long cuz it doesn't take long to get on each other's nerves, so the family and I have been spending our time hopping between the houses of some friends who have generators (or who have been lucky enough to have their power restored) and at our church, where they've been serving hot coffee and food. I haven't had a shower since Sunday night so I probably stank like hell, but that's the least of my worries. I'm starting to develop a pretty good mountain man/serial killer beard too. At night time, we've all been camping out in our bedroom upstairs (me, wife, kids, and pets) to conserve warmth. It's been working out OK but it's really starting to smell like feet in there. When the juice comes back on we're gonna have to launder every damn thing we own.

I've stopped checking with our utility company for any estimates as to whether our lights will be back on soon, cuz all it does is piss me off. Worst case scenario would be sometime next week, obviously I'm hoping for sooner.

The gasoline situation is starting to scare me. There are a couple of gas stations in town with power but as soon as word gets out that they've had a gas delivery the lines go on for blocks & blocks. As someone mentioned from my FB post, I saw a near-brawl break out when someone tried to cut into a gas station line just yesterday, it's only a matter of time before things get all "Road Warrior" up in here and somebody gets shot. I still have about 1/2 a tank in my truck so I'm OK for now but sometime over the weekend I'm probably gonna have to look for a place to fill up.

So yeah, things suck where I'm at but compared with things farther South in New Jersey (i.e. the Shore areas, I'm sure you've all seen the photos) we got off light. A friend of mine from college who lives -- or should I say lived -- in the Long Beach Island area had her house washed away during the storm surge, thankfully her family's OK but they've lost everything. So me and my crew are counting our blessings.

I'll post more later if I have time, take it easy y'all. Hopefully we'll be back to normal soon so I can get back to discussing more important things like Paul Stanley's hair piece.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 am

Best of luck to you and your family. Stay safe, bud.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:57 am

I am glad your family is safe, sorry about the electricity being out, I find that hard to fanthom they are still working on that issue, considering how cold its about to get in your neck of the woods
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Good to hear in a way. At least your house is standing. Keep your head down and the deodarant handy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Glad you and your family are OK and you house isn't damaged. Bummer about the electricity and the water situation, hopefully you get that back soon. Fortunatly, you have good friends and a giving church to help you pull through.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanx fellas. My wife just called my cell - I was hoping she was calling to tell me the lights are back on, no such luck. She was just at the Church for coffee and a warm place to hang out, but the kids wanted to go back home and check on the pets. Church is serving dinner again today and she was told that we are "expected" back there for it, which is fine by me. I tell ya guys, hot dogs and tomato soup never tasted as good as they did yesterday.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm

electricity is back here on NOrth bergen from HUDSON COUNTY AFTER 4 DAYS. STILL AROUND 90% OF HUDSON COUNTY STILL WITHOUT LIGHT, AND WE ARE EXPECTING TO GET LIGHT BACK BY TUESDAY.

yesterday I went back to work, and its very chaotic, there is no light and driving all the way to jersey city was a scary trip. Since most of the stores and restaurants are closed all over, the restaurant where i work was very busy. IT WAS 5PM AND THE LINE TO PAY STILL WAS VERY BIG.

Gas, bread, milk, etc... are hard to find

Also I almost got run over a car coming from work last night. Its crazy out there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy   Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next